EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He might not even be the best QB in the division.  Really depends on how Dak comes back from his injury but Dak is at the least on the same level as Watson if not better. 

Hahahaha... ok dude. Now you’re just playing contrarian.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else worried that the Giants or Foreskins trade a king’s ransom for Watson?  I can’t think of another team better equipped to win right now if they upgraded the QB position.  He’s not gonna miss more than 8 games once these off field issues are all settled.  Not to mention we’d have to deal with him for the next 6+ years twice a year. 

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I forgot about Hurts.  Well, he's worth a 3rd.  So add him....or not .  

According to some people around here, he's Russell Wilson...that has to be worth something. 

26 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

So they want 5 high quality picks plus 2 players? I'm out on that deal. 

Nobody is giving them that.  At least not anyone with a brain.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

I still can't believe some people were worried about this

I don't think anyone was worried, but what was the hold up ??  Rookie wage scale is set.

5 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Hahahaha... ok dude. Now you’re just playing contrarian.

Please outline for me how Watson is definitively a better QB than Dak to the point that it is laughable? Dak who has never had a losing season and was on pace for a little under 6k passing yards prior to his injury last season? 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I don't think anyone was worried, but what was the hold up ??  Rookie wage scale is set.

Trade him. He’s already proving to be a malcontent and locker room distraction. 👀

31 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mike Kaye did a good job in his article. Came to the conclusion of 2 firsts, Hurts and ertz. Potentially Cox in the deal. The Texans put their asking price out there and every one knows they have poor leverage and they’ll eventually come down 

LOL.  Mike Kaye plagiarized my post from earlier.   Who wouldn't take Ertz, an All-TATE QB, and 2 firsts?

OTC currently has the Eagles with 3.267 million in cap space.  Reported Steven Nelson will have a cap hit of 1.6 million, and Dickerson will have a cap hit of 1.57 million.  That leaves the Eagles with 97,000 in cap space.  

What is the next move ?? We need 1.7 million for player 52 and 53, and will need to have money for mid season moves, IR players etc.

Just now, downundermike said:

OTC currently has the Eagles with 3.267 million in cap space.  Reported Steven Nelson will have a cap hit of 1.6 million, and Dickerson will have a cap hit of 1.57 million.  That leaves the Eagles with 97,000 in cap space.  

What is the next move ?? We need 1.7 million for player 52 and 53, and will need to have money for mid season moves, IR players etc.

I don’t buy Ertz being on this roster come time to account for 52 & 53

24 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, and Brady are some of the greatest QBs in NFL history. But Watson is a top 6 QB in the NFL. He's elite. And in this division I think he would elevate them to that.

If the Eagles did trade for him, there would be many that think the Eagles win the division.  Dont see it.

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Anyone else worried that the Giants or Foreskins trade a king’s ransom for Watson?  I can’t think of another team better equipped to win right now if they upgraded the QB position.  He’s not gonna miss more than 8 games once these off field issues are all settled.  Not to mention we’d have to deal with him for the next 6+ years twice a year. 

Skins I can see.  NYG are all in on Jones, at least for this year.

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

I still can't believe some people were worried about this

Speaking of Dickerson, does anyone know if he is going to participate in full during training camp?  I haven’t read or seen anything to dispute that other than speculations on how long it takes to recover from an ACL tear. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

You have to put two below 51. So Nelson and Dickerson take up $1.6M leaving them around $1.6M in space. More moves obviously need to be made though. 

Just now, hputenis said:

Speaking of Dickerson, does anyone know if he is going to participate in full during training camp?  I haven’t read or seen anything to dispute that other than speculations on how long it takes to recover from an ACL tear. 

Won't really know much of anything until at least tomorrow when they put guys on NFI or PUP lists. 

7 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Trade him. He’s already proving to be a malcontent and locker room distraction. 👀

Not to mention careless and out of control.  You see all those cart wheels he was doing?  

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

If the Eagles did trade for him, there would be many that think the Eagles win the division.  Dont see it.

Skins I can see.  NYG are all in on Jones, at least for this year.

If this is the case, Gettleman really is the gift that keeps on giving. 

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Please outline for me how Watson is definitively a better QB than Dak to the point that it is laughable? Dak who has never had a losing season and was on pace for a little under 6k passing yards prior to his injury last season? 

He's more accurate, he's more athletic, he reads defenses better. And he doesn't need to be surrounded with top level weapons and an offensive line to be productive. Prescott behind a mediocre OL and mediocre weapons before the Cowboys got Cooper was average. Watson had the best year of his career behind a trash OL and without his go-to WR. He played his entire NFL career so far behind a trash OL and **** coaching. Prescott has been productive when everything around him is perfect. Healthy OL which is top 3 in the league, a top level WR and deep WR group.

It's not even close.

6 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Skins I can see.

They have the cap room, but do they want to give up their firsts the next couple years with no other extra draft picks stockpiled ??

16 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Just pointing out Prescott has played 69 games and watson just 54. dak has the same playoff record of 1-2. Meanwhile watson has 104 passing tds and 36 ints and Dak has 106 passing tds and 40 ints but played in 15 more games. Dak has thrown for 3,095 more yards but also has played 15 more games which is close to an entire season. Watson if you project out those 15 games would have more touchdowns and more passing yards. 

the Dak hasn’t had a losing season, well he came into the the league arguably with one of the best olines and a ton of playmakers around him. And he would’ve finished at 8-8 twice if the eagles didn’t give the Cowboys a week 17 win 

Frankly i believe both are top 10 QBs. 

3 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He's more accurate, he's more athletic, he reads defenses better. And he doesn't need to be surrounded with top level weapons and an offensive line to be productive. Prescott behind a mediocre OL and mediocre weapons before the Cowboys got Cooper was average. Watson had the best year of his career behind a trash OL and without his go-to WR. He played his entire NFL career so far behind a trash OL and **** coaching. Prescott has been productive when everything around him is perfect. Healthy OL which is top 3 in the league, a top level WR and deep WR group.

It's not even close.

This is nothing more than his defense mechanism for the reactions he will get after going all in on Hurts and then having to hear about it when the Eagles trade him away.  

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Just pointing out Prescott has played 69 games and watson just 54. dak has the same playoff record of 1-2. Meanwhile watson has 104 passing tds and 36 ints and Dak has 106 passing tds and 40 ints but played in 15 more games. Dak has thrown for 3,095 more yards but also has played 15 more games which is an entire season. Watson if you project out those 15 games would have more touchdowns and more passing yards. 

the Dak hasn’t had a losing season, well he came into the the league arguably with one of the best olines and a ton of playmakers around him. And he would’ve finished at 8-8 twice if the eagles didn’t give the Cowboys a week 17 win 

Frankly i believe both are top 10 QBs. 

I hate that you are correct. F the Cowboys

I think it's very likely the Eagles end up with Watson.  For once, I am completely neutral and unsure as to whether or not they should.

Howie has the ammo that the Texans would accept.  And, love him or hate him, when he sets his sights on a target, it's going to be hard to throw him off that trail.  This is also a franchise that is acutely aware of public perception and interest.  Howie/Lurie are well aware this is the first season in a very long time that the Eagles have neither hopes of competing nor a young franchise QB entering their first season of excitement (sorry Hurts).  I think they will very, very aggressively try to change that.  

Who in the right mind would trade for Watson right now with the pending investigation unless they have any type of inside info? 

1 minute ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Who in the right mind would trade for Watson right now with the pending investigation unless they have any type of inside info? 

People that have inside info.

Archived