EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

21 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

You get a QB who you have no idea will be good or not and most aren’t special. The cards are stacked against you. The odds on that QB being as good or better than Watson are extremely slim. 

It’s just the price you pay for certainty. With Watson you know those picks at least won’t be wasted. Drafting a QB in the top 5, if the guy sucks, hell even if he’s just decent, the pick is a total waste. If you don’t get an elite star QB at that position then it was all for nothing. And the upcoming QB class looks average at best.

I think you overrated Watson. He isn't a Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes ect. level of QB that elevates whatever roster he is on to be a playoff team every year.  

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I would consider if for the following...

2022 1st round

2022 1st round (from Miami)

2023 1st round

Anything more, Go f yourself.  

Mike Kaye did a good job in his article. Came to the conclusion of 2 firsts, Hurts and ertz. Potentially Cox in the deal. The Texans put their asking price out there and every one knows they have poor leverage and they’ll eventually come down 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I think you overrated Watson. He isn't a Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes ect. level of QB that elevates whatever roster he is on to be a playoff team every year.  

Rookie year he was hurt mid season, but the team was 500 and trending.  2018 and 2019 made the playoffs both years and won a playoff game in 2019.  Last year, coach / gm fired after horrible moves depleting the roster.  Watson is fine.

43 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Hurts isn't anything special. The sooner people realize this, the better. Dude has major accuracy issues.

The only reason people are hyped about him is random social media workout videos. Not anything actually done on the field last season. It's just Eagles fan desperation allowing themselves to be talked into something.

So they want 5 high quality picks plus 2 players? I'm out on that deal. 

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They have to take Ertz, possibly Barnett, and maybe Cox in the deal.  

I think Cox (unless he really wants to go to a contender) needs to stay. He’s the best Eagles draft pick in 20 years or so and a needed vet presence IMO 

10 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

And if you think trading all 3 first round picks for Watson would hurt the ability to build around him, realize that all their future drafts would remain in tact. And of course the other picks in the 2022 draft.

So if you truly believe that trading those picks would destroy their ability to build around him, then you obviously have no confidence in their ability to build a team and find talent.

And if you have no confidence in their ability to find talent or build a team, then I don't know how you could be confident they could build a team if they didn't trade for Watson.

If the cost of Watson is 3 1st round picks, the team has a better chance with another QB that either doesn't cost those picks or cost those picks but is a better value because of talent or cost.  A team needs multiple great players to win a Super Bowl, giving up 3 chances at potentially great players combined with the high salary cap cost of Watson will lessen the team's chances of building a SB contender.  Even if the team trades all 3 of those picks for a higher draft pick of a less talented QB, the lower salary cost will still make it more possible for the team to add better talent through free agency.  

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Rookie year he was hurt mid season, but the team was 500 and trending.  2018 and 2019 made the playoffs both years and won a playoff game in 2019.  Last year, coach / gm fired after horrible moves depleting the roster.  Watson is fine.

Yeah he's fine.  But he isn't the elite level of QB to raise a teams level of play to be a consistent playoff team like a Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson or like Big Ben was his entire career (and others like Peyton). 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think he’s a pretty good qb but he needs a system to manage him. He’s not the rdogers/Wilson/mahomes type of qb he tried to play IMO. 

24 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

You’re not my real dad!

I know who is

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, and Brady are some of the greatest QBs in NFL history. But Watson is a top 6 QB in the NFL. He's elite. And in this division I think he would elevate them to that.

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Mike Kaye did a good job in his article. Came to the conclusion of 2 firsts, Hurts and ertz. Potentially Cox in the deal. The Texans put their asking price out there and every one knows they have poor leverage and they’ll eventually come down 

2 firsts, Hurts and Ertz? This guy thinks he Dr Seuss?

54 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Hurts isn't anything special. The sooner people realize this, the better. Dude has major accuracy issues.

The only reason people are hyped about him is random social media workout videos. Not anything actually done on the field last season. It's just Eagles fan desperation allowing themselves to be talked into something.

But, but, but, he's a hard worker and I've seen every video to prove it!

6 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

If the cost of Watson is 3 1st round picks, the team has a better chance with another QB that either doesn't cost those picks or cost those picks but is a better value because of talent or cost.  A team needs multiple great players to win a Super Bowl, giving up 3 chances at potentially great players combined with the high salary cap cost of Watson will lessen the team's chances of building a SB contender.  Even if the team trades all 3 of those picks for a higher draft pick of a less talented QB, the lower salary cost will still make it more possible for the team to add better talent through free agency.  

Which QB is that? I don't think they exist.

Their last 4 first rounders are Smith, Reagor, Dillard, Goedert(technically 2nd round but they traded down for him).

Just look at it as trading 3 of those guys for Watson.

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Rodgers, Wilson, Mahomes, and Brady are some of the greatest QBs in NFL history. But Watson is a top 6 QB in the NFL. He's elite. And in this division I think he would elevate them to that.

What makes him elite?  What has Watson won? 

The irony is that some of the same people that want Watson here are predicting something around 3800 yards, 25TD and 12 int for Hurts this season …which other than last season is what Watson has basically averaged throughout his career and that’s with having a top 3 NFL WR for most of his career. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I can’t wait for the fun to begin again next offseason 

36 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Trade the pick for a nice ransom.

Texans, Lions, Denver(no rodgers trade) Giants will all over value Rattler and Howell, if not both. 

Yes sir, that's my thoughts. Keep the feeding the draft pick furnace over the next few years. Build the team in the draft; fix the damn defense, add more to the o-line, get another top exciting WR to compliment Smith... 

5 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

What makes him elite?  What has Watson won? 

The irony is that some of the same people that want Watson here are predicting something around 3800 yards, 25TD and 12 int for Hurts this season …which other than last season is what Watson has basically averaged throughout his career and that’s with having a top 3 NFL WR for most of his career. 

Teams win games, not QBs. But if you want to go that route, the teams he's been on have been playoff teams in the NFL and multiple national titles in college. He's accurate, he has a good enough arm, he makes good decisions, he reads defenses well, and he's very athletic.

The better question is what's to dislike about his game? He does everything you want in a QB.

14 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I just don't think there's any way the team should trade for him with the suits pending.  It would be impossible to know the merit of the claims and if they have merit, it means even if they settle, the NFL will consider disciplining him.  Certainly the Dolphins are in a lot better position to contend but I think the Eagles would be better off not making the trade. 

10 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He might not even be the best QB in the division.  Really depends on how Dak comes back from his injury but Dak is at the least on the same level as Watson if not better. 

Just now, Sack that QB said:

Teams win games, not QBs. But if you want to go that route, the teams he's been on have been playoff teams in the NFL and multiple national titles in college. He's accurate, he has a good enough arm, he makes good decisions, he reads defenses well, and he's very athletic.

The better question is what's to dislike about his game? He does everything you want in a QB.

If you ignore the off the field issues that impact his ability to play. 

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If true, good news for those who don’t want the Eagles to trade for Watson. Broncos would be a more likely landing spot for him.

Archived