EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't know.  Does it?  

Not in my world.  But my world is only me.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Utebird said:

I could see that, I think Maddox best spot is at FS he wasn't much better at nickel than he was on the outside.

At FS he's nothing special but he didn't seem to be a liability like he was at outside or in the slot.

Granted it was a small sample size, but Maddox looked like a top 5 fs during his time there as a rook. He was really really good 

Just now, Wentz_Era said:

Granted it was a small sample size, but Maddox looked like a top 5 fs during his time there as a rook. He was really really good 

Top 5 on the Eagles roster, yeah ?

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing the packers would likely ask for jeudy considering their current negotiations with Devante Adams have gone south as well. However Adams is likely in GB at least the next two years after this year due to the franchise tag unless they deal him for a nice haul 

In that case if I were Denver I'd say no thanks 

I guess it depends on how much they want Rodgers, I mean for Rodgers he wants out because he feels the GB GM failed to give him weapons so what would be the point for Denver or Rodgers to go to a team devoid of weapons.

Then again I'm not sure Rodgers has any trade clauses in his contract where he can turn down a trade???

17 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Man, Pat Shurmur really effed him. 

He was the guy who tore his knee up when the giants ran meaningless plays at the end of a blow out loss right?

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

So they can keep him on exempt list until his case is settled or would they let him play until it's settled and then make a decision???

He gets paid while on the Exempt List so it's pretty much at the NFL's discretion.  It would be disastrous from a PR standpoint (the NFL is sensitive to its female audience, believe it or not) to allow him to play in games while his case is ongoing -- not sure there's even a precedent for it.

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

Yup. He looked pretty good at FS much better than at corner or nickel.

I think the hesitancy at safety is his lack of size at a position that demands a bit more physicality than at corner may lead to more Injuries for a player that's shown to not be very durable.

Personally I'd give him a crack at FS I'm assuming Gannon isnt going to go as much cover 1 single high and switch it up a bit more and Maddox might be better in cover 2 looks.

7 minutes ago, Utebird said:

In that case if I were Denver I'd say no thanks 

I guess it depends on how much they want Rodgers, I mean for Rodgers he wants out because he feels the GB GM failed to give him weapons so what would be the point for Denver or Rodgers to go to a team devoid of weapons.

Then again I'm not sure Rodgers has any trade clauses in his contract where he can turn down a trade???

Honestly there’s only two teams left out there that rodgers supposedly want to be traded too: Denver and Vegas. I much rather play for Denver then Vegas tbh. Even with losing jeudy he’d still have Noah fant, Sutton, Williams (rookie rb from unc), Melvin gordon, hamler and tim Patrick (who was really underrated last year with bad QB play) and i think a good defense 

i think GB would ask for that not sure they get it though. I do think they’d get 2 firsts simply cause i believe Denver if they acquired rodgers would likely think they be a SB contender so it’s likely a late round first in their mind and worth it to them 

14 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

PFF.  Yeah. Great source there.  McLeod will be recovering and might not even be ready to start the season.  13th ranked corner ?  LOL. Come on dude.  You seriously don’t believe that.  JFC.  You fluffers are something.  You’re one of the biggest ones in here.  

Player rankings in July.     PFF.  :wacko:

What hasn’t been mentioned is the seemingly promising dc hire. I think that’s what is going to make/break things. Jim shorts was stubborn. He had his scheme and ran that regardless of who was on the field. I still don’t see the dl being able to carry the d to be anything more than average. 

So excited to see Howie destroy the future of this team by trading for Watson instead of just committing to the rebuild. 

Watsons cap hit this year is only 16mm. Eagles could trade Ertz, restructure Lane, and still having money for Watson & Dickerson...this year. $40mm+ cap hits in 2022 on mean most, if not all of Cox, Brooks, Lane, Graham, Barnett, Slay are gone by that point.

A lot of holes to fill even with them on the roster. I hope the Eagles are able to keep a 1st/2nd this year and next year’s 1st if we do this.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Honestly there’s only two teams left out there that rodgers supposedly want to be traded too: Denver and Vegas. I much rather play for Denver then Vegas tbh. Even with losing jeudy he’d still have Noah fant, Sutton, Williams (rookie rb from unc), Melvin gordon, hamler and tim Patrick (who was really underrated last year with bad QB play) and i think a good defense 

i think GB would ask for that not sure they get it though. I do think they’d get 2 firsts simply cause i believe Denver if they acquired rodgers would likely think they be a SB contender so it’s likely a late round first in their mind and worth it to them 

Makes sense.

Thing with going to Denver as opposed to Vegas is one doesn't have to worry about what to do with Carr.

Denver's Qb is still on his rookie deal so could be a backup where as Carr isn't going to be Rodgers backup nor could I see the Packers wanting to swap for him so I think Denver in that instance would be a cleaner fit 

Do you think Watson is traded in a matter or hours, days, weeks, or months...or even years? I can’t get a pulse on it with everything going on.

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Watsons cap hit this year is only 16mm. Eagles could trade Ertz, restructure Lane, and still having money for Watson & Dickerson...this year. $40mm+ cap hits in 2022 on mean most, if not all of Cox, Brooks, Lane, Graham, Barnett, Slay are gone by that point.

A lot of holes to fill even with them on the roster. I hope the Eagles are able to keep a 1st/2nd this year and next year’s 1st if we do this.

If you deal for him this year the cap number for the team trading for him is only 10.5 mil from what I’ve read. If they or any team trades for watson he’s not playing at a 40 mil cap in 2022. He has no guaranteed money after 2022. It’s almost a given he’s being restructured by whatever team trades for him. 

2 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

I wonder if teams would/could mandate to his agent that he settle his lawsuits out-of-court immediately.

13 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Steve Nelson should take a lot of pressure off of Slay and hopefully we see a better year out of him.  I'm not SUPER excited about him only because the fact is he's 28 and I don't think he's going to be a building block.  As a matter of fact, none of the starting defensive backs should be counted on as being part of the next core of this team.  They still need to completely rebuild the secondary over the next few off-seasons. 

Even though he's a stopgap, he 100% makes the defense better.

The weak link is suddenly Rodney McLeod who I hope is more of S3 now.  I'd much rather see what Wallace can do or see if Epps can take another step.  He graded out higher than expected last year.  I also hope there is a legit competition for the nickel CB instead of just handing it to Maddox.

It's a nice 1-year deal but nothing to get excited about for the future of the team.

I think competent deployment of the safeties will help any cb. Jim shorts was atrocious at game planning for today’s nfl. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If you deal for him this year the cap number for the team trading for him is only 10.5 mil from what I’ve read. If they or any team trades for watson he’s not playing at a 40 mil cap in 2022. He has no guaranteed money after 2022. It’s almost a given he’s being restructured by whatever team trades for him. 

Ha okay so this is pretty much a lock.

Howie could be (should be) on the hot seat after this year if we stink up the joint. I don’t see him putting his fate in the arm (and legs) of Hurts.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Makes sense.

Thing with going to Denver as opposed to Vegas is one doesn't have to worry about what to do with Carr.

Denver's Qb is still on his rookie deal so could be a backup where as Carr isn't going to be Rodgers backup nor could I see the Packers wanting to swap for him so I think Denver in that instance would be a cleaner fit 

Would’ve been more ideal for the raiders to have this trade done months ago. I do think carr would have some value in a trade. Not great value but some. His contract is actually easy to get out of. Cutting him is only 2.5 mil dead and saves them 19.625 mil. I haven’t looked at vegas’ cap situation but I’m guessing carr definitely has to be gone to make it work with rodgers contract. 

I still don’t think Watson gets traded until teams find out his suspension from the NFL. It could be indefinite for all we know. But I do think it may say something that the Eagles offseason started off strongly indicating they don’t expect to win now and then at some point started to sign older veterans.

Could be them just adding quality depth for a good price. Good also indicate they think they can get DeShaun and be able to compete for a division crown right away, while still maintaining flexibility on one year deals.

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I wonder if teams would/could mandate to his agent that he settle his lawsuits out-of-court immediately.

According to florio on wip a settlement felt very close a couple weeks back until buzbee apparently rejected Watson and his lawyers request for a non-disclosure agreement as part of the settlement. 

Archived