EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do you think they want a 31 year old DT with cap hits of 15 and 16 million, who will want a new contract.

If the new Texans are anything like the old Texans....

Yes. Absolutely. They will probably demand Jordan Howard also. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

All this talk about trading for Watson....I thought he can reject a trade if he doesnt want to go to a certain team?

Correct. People like to gossip about hypotheticals because we have the draft picks but not the salary cap for a trade. Why would he want to come here on an unproven team that's supposed to be doing a rebuild

4 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Id say it would be Barnett, Maddox, Hurts, and multiple high picks.

I wouldn’t be so sure the Texans wouldn’t ask for someone like dillard even with tunsil there. Feels like if watson is gone and they are full rebuild mode he could be a valuable trade chip elsewhere as he doesn’t exactly fit their timeline at that point. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I wouldn’t be so sure the Texans wouldn’t ask for someone like dillard even with tunsil there. Feels like if watson is gone and they are full rebuild mode he could be a valuable trade chip elsewhere as he doesn’t exactly fit their timeline at that point. 

Yeah possibly

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Correct. People like to gossip about hypotheticals because we have the draft picks but not the salary cap for a trade. Why would he want to come here on an unproven team that's supposed to be doing a rebuild

I don’t think the eagles organization would go that far down the rabbit hole if they didn’t get some sort of feeling from his agent or really talking to him before making the trade happen. I go with what florio and Peter king also alluded too. He wants out of Houston badly and this whole legal issue really makes it hard for him publicly to say he doesn’t want to go somewhere when people believe he shouldn’t even be out there. It would add on to a PR nightmare. 

19 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

Just seeing these posts, but NFL and vaccinations is going to be a huge - and relevant - story all season just like COVID, just like a player making a derogatory comment or committing a crime or national anthem kneeling or other areas where politics show up in sports.  It's a reality.  It's unrealistic to expect "just" sports talk when things happen in sports that bleed into political issues.

The pinned guidelines state this and if someone is using it to get into personal attacks or get off topic talking about right vs left, Biden or Trump or whatever then you can report them...and don't feed the trolls.

Also VA doesn't moderate, he saved the EMB and is focused on the technology to keep this place running.  12 and I keep you hooligans in check!  B-)

I've heard @Moderator12 is twice the Mod you are, @Moderator6.  Rebuttal?

40 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Instagram is where you find the attention seeking ****s. Not actual massage therapists. 

What is your Instagram profile?

3 hours ago, MillerTime said:

Teams would be foolish to give up that much while he is under investigation.  A first and a conditional 3rd (condition based on being able to play) would be the max I would even consider right now. They are trying to get compensation as if he had no baggage at all.  

1 minute ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

And so it begins

The vaccine doesn't stop every infection, but it limits the severity of the infection.  As he notes:  asymptomatic.   In other words, if he weren't being tested by the team as part of their Covid protocols, he'd likely never have even known he was positive.   Just like many people walking around today.

Local Philly pundits secretly gushing over the possibility of Watson coming to Philly so they can spend weeks virtue signaling on social media about how pro woman they are and how disgusted by the trade they are.

19 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't know why some of you are slandering Watson so much. He began his college with a 4.0 GPA and graduated in 3 years with an above 3.0. He's a good guy, never would do anything sketchy or criminal.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The moves the Eagles have made this off-season don’t slap me in the face as being a rebuild. They haven’t purged their core roster (aside from Wentz) and have been adding solid players to fill holes. With Watson, the Eagles are in great position in the NFCE.

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

That's what I was thinking.  I can see if the WR group is any good then maybe he would want to be traded here but until that happens I dont see it.

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The vaccine doesn't stop every infection, but it limits the severity of the infection.  As he notes:  asymptomatic.   In other words, if he weren't being tested by the team as part of their Covid protocols, he'd likely never have even known he was positive.   Just like many people walking around today.

I understand all of that, but I believe the NFLs policy is misguided. There is a good possibility some games will need to be re-scheduled.

1 hour ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Do you think Watson is traded in a matter or hours, days, weeks, or months...or even years? I can’t get a pulse on it with everything going on.

Hopefully traded to Denver or Miami soon so it doesn't create an unnecessary distraction for this team. Nothing this FO and owner love more than creating unnecessary distractions for its young QBs. 

2 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I understand all of that, but I believe the NFLs policy is misguided. There is a good possibility some games will need to be re-scheduled.

And they will reschedule them if they have to. 

Every one is overreacting about that memo from the league last Thursday. They didn't say they wouldn't reschedule games, they said they would not add another week onto the season for games that couldn't be rescheduled. It's the exact same thing they had last year. They didn't need to add an extra week last year because they just rescheduled to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday whenever. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Hopefully traded to Denver or Miami soon so it doesn't create an unnecessary distraction for this team. Nothing this FO and owner love more than creating unnecessary distractions for its young QBs. 

I don’t see Howie allowing his future to be dictated by Hurts. Also, Lurie will likely force this through either way if Watson agrees to get traded here and there’s a path to create cap room and meet their trade demands.

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

I don’t see Howie allowing his future to be dictated by Hurts. Also, Lurie will likely force this through either way if Watson agrees to get traded here and there’s a path to create cap room and meet their trade demands.

Yup. Howies long term lifeline is Watson. 

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Howie's future doesn't need to be dictates by Hurts though. If Hurts is bad then the Eagles will be bad.  They will have a top draft pick along with likely two other firsts.  They could move up if need to be to great a top QB in a draft and then that buys Howie even more time to build around that QB. Or Hurts does take the next step this season and Howie can then use those picks to build around him and rebuild the defense. All the while they won't have Watson's massive contract to deal with. 

This would be the worst possible move this franchise could make so I'm fully expecting them to do it.  My only hope is that Watson sees how terrible of a situation this team is and doesn't waive his no trade clause to go from one disfunctional organization that caused their franchise QB to demand a trade to another disfunctional organization that caused their franchise QB to demand a trade. 

Archived