EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Have we seen what some of these lasses look like?  Just curious.  

He found them all on Instagram sooooooo 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Ha okay so this is pretty much a lock.

Howie could be (should be) on the hot seat after this year if we stink up the joint. I don’t see him putting his fate in the arm (and legs) of Hurts.

I wouldn’t say a lock. Gonna be other teams involved (still think the eagles could offer the best package) and don’t know what the eagles are willing to give up to get him. Maybe mclane is right and they are willing to give up everything but i also think they likely have a price they’d be willing to go. I do believe there’s genuine interest in acquiring. I don’t think this is just BS

10 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Watsons cap hit this year is only 16mm. Eagles could trade Ertz, restructure Lane, and still having money for Watson & Dickerson...this year. $40mm+ cap hits in 2022 on mean most, if not all of Cox, Brooks, Lane, Graham, Barnett, Slay are gone by that point.

A lot of holes to fill even with them on the roster. I hope the Eagles are able to keep a 1st/2nd this year and next year’s 1st if we do this.

Its only $10.5

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He found them all on Instagram sooooooo 

You sound like an old man.   Instagram is the yellow pages.

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

You sound like an old man.   Instagram is the yellow pages.

Instagram is where you find the attention seeking ****s. Not actual massage therapists. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would’ve been more ideal for the raiders to have this trade done months ago. I do think carr would have some value in a trade. Not great value but some. His contract is actually easy to get out of. Cutting him is only 2.5 mil dead and saves them 19.625 mil. I haven’t looked at vegas’ cap situation but I’m guessing carr definitely has to be gone to make it work with rodgers contract. 

I suppose GB could have Carr as the starter  if they didn't think love was ready yet 

9 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It would be up to the 22 broads and 22 lawyers. not up to Deshuan and his peeps 

All 22 "broads" have the same lawyer.

3 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I suppose GB could have Carr as the starter  if they didn't think love was ready yet 

Could. Would make sense if they don’t believe love is. I tend to think they rather just go with love to see what he is at that point. Although adams would probably be happy. Carr and he were college teammates at Fresno. 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

thats not true. not sure if all 22 have independent lawyers but I've already seen a couple different lawyers representing a couple different females. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/05/13/deshaun-watson-accusers-meet-with-nfl-houston-police-department

Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who is representing the women accusing Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct, says several of his clients have met with the NFL, and they felt they were not respected by league investigators during the first three meetings.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Could. Would make sense if they don’t believe love is. I tend to think they rather just go with love to see what he is at that point. Although adams would probably be happy. Carr and he were college teammates at Fresno. 

Green Bay does not have the cap room.  Carr has a 19 million base salary this year that goes to the team acquiring him.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Can we point out a guy names Rusty Hardin is Watsons lawyer... Rusty Hardin....

Compared to Tony Buzbee.........................

If we do trade for Watson I think Barnett is involved.

and I think it happens within the week.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Green Bay does not have the cap room.  Carr has a 19 million base salary this year that goes to the team acquiring him.

Compared to Tony Buzbee.........................

Based off trading rodgers post June 1 they open up 22.8 mil in cap space and 14.3 mil dead money. 

4 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Would have to be more than that.  Eagles are currently looking at being 1.9 million over the cap week 1.  Barnett cap hit traded for Watson cap hit would then have them 2.4 million over the week 1 cap.  Maybe Ertz is also included.

Just now, downundermike said:

Would have to be more than that.  Eagles are currently looking at being 1.9 million over the cap week 1.  Barnett cap hit traded for Watson cap hit would then have them 2.4 million over the week 1 cap.  Maybe Ertz is also included.

If the Eagles trade for Watson without trading Cox I would be surprised.

9 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

and I think it happens within the week.

Not likely whatsoever and i think it’s dumb if the eagles are thinking this way but maybe ertz is still here and they won’t just release or traded him for just anything because goedert is asking for more than what the eagles are willing to pay in a new contract. So maybe goedert asking for too much and use him as a trade chip. I find it curious he’s entering the last year of his contract and there’s not been much discussed on that front. That’s not usually the eagles MO with a young player with his upside that’s an impending FA at the end of the year 

I would only trade for Watson right now if the price is extremely cheap. Too much risk otherwise. 2 firsts max. 

I couldn’t imagine us trading for him and then he being suspended for the year or more, and potentially giving HOU a top 5 pick.

7 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

If the Eagles trade for Watson without trading Cox I would be surprised.

Cox has a base salary of 15 million.  Even trading Watson they do not have the cap room to carry that base salary under the cap.

On 7/24/2021 at 2:46 PM, jwill2420 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle Anyway we can get a mod to weed out the NFL Vaccine topic and those who are debating between getting /not getting the Vac? Even move the Vac talk some other forum?Thanks

On 7/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't really been able to follow much for a few months, but @Moderator12 or @Moderator6  would be best suited to address that issue. 

Just seeing these posts, but NFL and vaccinations is going to be a huge - and relevant - story all season just like COVID, just like a player making a derogatory comment or committing a crime or national anthem kneeling or other areas where politics show up in sports.  It's a reality.  It's unrealistic to expect "just" sports talk when things happen in sports that bleed into political issues.

The pinned guidelines state this and if someone is using it to get into personal attacks or get off topic talking about right vs left, Biden or Trump or whatever then you can report them...and don't feed the trolls.

Also VA doesn't moderate, he saved the EMB and is focused on the technology to keep this place running.  12 and I keep you hooligans in check!  B-)

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Cox has a base salary of 15 million.  Even trading Watson they do not have the cap room to carry that base salary under the cap.

They can surely move money around. The reports are that they want a combo of starters and high picks which means they have thought about making cap room.

I don't know why some of you are slandering Watson so much. He began his college with a 4.0 GPA and graduated in 3 years with an above 3.0. He's a good guy, never would do anything sketchy or criminal.

2 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

They can surely move money around. The reports are that they want a combo of starters and high picks which means they have thought about making cap room.

Do you think they want a 31 year old DT with cap hits of 15 and 16 million, who will want a new contract.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Id say it would be Barnett, Maddox, Hurts, and multiple high picks.

Just now, downundermike said:

Do you think they want a 31 year old DT with cap hits of 15 and 16 million, who will want a new contract.

Sure hope they do because Cox value will never be more than what it is today. It’s inevitable that we move on from him and they could talk themselves into having a top 3 DT in return.

Archived