Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

"The jerk store called, and they're outta you!"

Last time I heard that one I fell off my dinosaur!! 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Donovan McNabb has won multiple playoff games and has been to the Super Bowl Wentz had one outstanding season he didn’t even finish. 😂🤣😂

Wins and losses are earned by the team, not individual players though. But it's true that McNabb played in and won playoff games in his first 5 years. Not so for the Super Bowl though (on either count) The Super Bowl year came in 2004, McNabb's 6th season with the Eagles. The stats that I posted only cover an equal period of time for both players (their first 5 seasons with the Eagles). 

All of that said, Carson didn't play in the playoffs in 2017, but you can't take away his contributions to that Super Bowl winning season. That's something that Donovan never did. 

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wins and losses are earned by the team, not individual players though. But it's true that McNabb played in and won playoff games in his first 5 years. Not so for the Super Bowl though (on either count) The Super Bowl year came in 2004, McNabb's 6th season with the Eagles. The stats that I posted only cover an equal period of time for both players (their first 5 seasons with the Eagles). 

All of that said, Carson didn't play in the playoffs in 2017, but you can't take away his contributions to that Super Bowl winning season. That's something that Donovan never did. 

You will have to excuse eazyeaglez, he has a very unhealthy obsession with Wentz

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You will have to excuse eazyeaglez, he has a very unhealthy obsession with Wentz

He just don’t quit 

I’m so proud of Carson finally exercising the ghost of his past NFC Championship failures to finally take the Eagles to the Super Bowl! Oh wait. 

AF6ACC17-A362-47D2-AEC5-3434EB03B227.jpeg

Look at my man Carson hoisting up his great Super Bowl accomplishment! Oh wait. 

BDBD0207-6EE7-4A0C-92BB-D076100BFC45.jpeg

Super Bowl LII logo.svg
Philadelphia Eagles (1)
(NFC)
(13–3)
New England Patriots (1)
(AFC)
(13–3)
41 33
Head coach:
Doug Pederson
Head coach:
Bill Belichick
  1 2 3 4 Total
PHI 9 13 7 12 41
NE 3 9 14 7 33
Date February 4, 2018
Stadium U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
MVP Nick Foles, quarterback
Favorite Patriots by 5
Referee Gene Steratore
Attendance 67,612

Let’s give it up for MVP Carson Wentz! Oh wait. 

17 hours ago, It Hurts said:

And they took advantage of that. Wasn’t it Seattle who won their division years ago at 7-9 and won their first round game. Get in and anything can happen. That’s why they play the game 

I agree with you, get in and anything can happen - I just also acknowledge that we were crap all season and were very fortunate to even be there. It's why I didn't care that we lost, I was more disappointed that Wentz got hurt tbh, wanted him to at least get to finish a playoff game.

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Nah, if you don't play in the playoffs then you get no credit.  I'll give you regular season props, but that's it. 

11 hours ago, It Hurts said:

A0FC2A60-B503-4F9B-A8B9-9C3B1D63B7C4.jpeg

Trouble is he got to leave we're still stuck with the toxic aftermath

As sad as this era is, I'll take it over the Chip Kelly era. Nothing worse than seeing your top players released for nothing, and overpaying for a RB that doesn't fit your scheme.

Just now, MF POON said:

As sad as this era is, I'll take it over the Chip Kelly era. Nothing worse than seeing your top players released for nothing, and overpaying for a RB that doesn't fit your scheme.

This "era" also got us a super bowl. Or are you talking post Wentz era?

1 minute ago, greend said:

This "era" also got us a super bowl. Or are you talking post Wentz era?

post Wentz

46 minutes ago, MF POON said:

I absolutely despised chipper for all of that....in my opinion, THE worse coach ever for this franchise....worse than Kotite and Rhodes...

Just now, GeorgeM37 said:

I absolutely despised chipper for all of that....in my opinion, THE worse coach ever for this franchise....worse than Kotite and Rhodes...

Not even close, he pays Evan Mathis and Murray would've been rushing champion again in 2015, plus Chip could've got 1000 yards out of Jalen Reagor.

7 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Not even close, he pays Evan Mathis and Murray would've been rushing champion again in 2015, plus Chip could've got 1000 yards out of Jalen Reagor.

Ok then we agree to disagree, this is why its called an opinion. I cannot stand what chip did to this franchise....worse coach

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I do too, but without that debacle, we may not have a Lombardi. Just as in life, the good and the bad shape who you are. Take one away and you're someone different. 

Of course, who's to say that we wouldn't have two or three Lombardi's if the Kelly debacle hadn't happened? lol 

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I do too, but without that debacle, we may not have a Lombardi. Just as in life, the good and the bad shape who you are. Take one away and you're someone different. 

Of course, who's to say that we wouldn't have two or three Lombardi's if the Kelly debacle hadn't happened? lol 

FOL.jpg

2 hours ago, Thing3 said:

FOL.jpg

I used to watch that every week when I was a kid. For Jo and Blair, of course lol. 

15 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Not even close. Kotite couldn't win with the best defense this team ever had and good offensive weapons. He was absolute crap. Personal decisions are a separate issue. That's on the owner for letting it happen. He should have fired him on the spot.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:21 PM, EazyEaglez said:

I’m so proud of Carson finally exercising the ghost of his past NFC Championship failures to finally take the Eagles to the Super Bowl! Oh wait. 

AF6ACC17-A362-47D2-AEC5-3434EB03B227.jpeg

Look at my man Carson hoisting up his great Super Bowl accomplishment! Oh wait. 

BDBD0207-6EE7-4A0C-92BB-D076100BFC45.jpeg

Who has a shot of the puke on the field? 

Archived