Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's not all that much fun when good things happen either. 

The absolute best time of my online life, which dates back into the early 90's (if you count the old BBS days, it dates back to the early/mid 80's), was (on the whole) our Super Bowl run in 2017. Narrow it down to a specific time frame, starting from BG's strip-sack until I went to bed early Monday morning (by early, I mean around 8 am when I just couldn't focus my eyes enough to read/post another thing), on the EMB was the best and most fun online experience I've ever had. 

For the first time in its existence, the EMB was 100% united in joy. That's one reason that I went to such lengths to preserve the Super Bowl GDT. If nothing else was saved, THAT had to be. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I couldn’t care less if Wentz is "fixable” … he’s no longer an Eagle.  I just appreciate that he is playing well enough to be kept in the starting lineup, is staying healthy enough to play, and they are losing.  

This. Best case scenario for us is simply Colts losing and him playing good enough to not get benched or injured

Thanks to a couple bonehead plays, the first thing happened and outside of those he was ok so the second stays alive for now as well. Yay!

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Yep, I was pissed.  Needed any points I could get out of Taylor for my ff matchup

I am much more interested in the Eagles getting a 1st than you winning a FF matchup.  

40 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I am much more interested in the Eagles getting a 1st than you winning a FF matchup.  

Both could have happened

52 minutes ago, time2rock said:

But, are you more interested in the Eagles getting the Colts 1st Round pick or are you more interested in.....

EMB KBecks funny tease.jpg

Colin Cowherd is reporting that the Colts are divided on Wentz.

Reich wants him going forward, but there are people within the FO that do not.

38 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

But it was the FO ultimately that made the move to go get him...

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But it was the FO ultimately that made the move to go get him...

If Colin is right, it could be any number of reasons why:

- Maybe Reich went to bat for him and insisted the FO.

- The FO could have been divided on him from the beginning.

- Maybe after watching him play up close, some no longer consider him fixable.

Or it's Colin blowing smoke, guess we'll find out sooner or later.

9 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

But, are you more interested in the Eagles getting the Colts 1st Round pick or are you more interested in.....

EMB KBecks funny tease.jpg

Hmmmmmmm ... too close to call!  :lol:

9 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Here we see Eazy after Wentz has a bad game or does something stupid.

14927809.jpg

Considering that Wentz blowing games helps the Eagles draft pick, this should be all Eagles fans. 

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Didn’t want to repost all those pictures again. The irony here is people around here call Reich a guru genius. First message I saw on that Reddit basically ripped Reich too. They are blaming him for everything wrong with that team. That team did better with a quarterback with one foot out the door for retirement than they have with the ginger one. 

Amen Wentz is not good under pressure plus he is no leader glad he is gone now he the Colts problem !

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Considering that Wentz blowing games helps the Eagles draft pick, this should be all Eagles fans. 

Or seals they will pull him so he doesn't cost them a first.

12 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

He isn’t getting pulled unless they plan on completely moving on from him. 

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Agreed. Idc how he plays as long as he gets the 75 percent and they keep losing

9 minutes ago, Godfather said:

No worry Wentz will fold under pressure just hope he won't get hurt !

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Either way it’s not our problem anymore. If the guy fails at the Colts then it’s best he’s gone. Eagles got a 2nd for a guy who can’t play quarterback anymore. Still a good trade. 

14 minutes ago, Godfather said:

If he’s bad enough to be benched the Eagles still win. A 2nd for a guy who stinks it up enough to be benched is still a good trade. 

7 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

If this is true then Reich’s future could be completely linked to Wentz. It’s not surprising though, because this guy is the type of quarterback who can completely divide a group, because he’s so Jekyll and Hyde with his play. When the owner came out like week one being critical of Wentz we should’ve known there was already division about the player. Him basically crapping the bed against their main division rival twice seems to have put the bullseye on himself and Reich. I’ve written it multiple times now. If the Colts bench Carson it won’t be just to preserve their first. It will be to find a new quarterback too. 

11 minutes ago, rickospia said:

No worry Wentz will fold under pressure just hope he won't get hurt !

Carson losing games isn’t a problem. The problem is he can’t keep losing games when he’s clearly the one who caused it. If he keeps playing like this when it matters most then people will start wondering if he’s the best option moving forward. He needs to suck just enough to keep losing, but play good enough for the Colts to think it’s everyone else, but him. 

The really big news is that Derrick Henry may be out for the season.  The playoffs are definitely a realistic goal for the Colts at this stage, and barring injury to Wentz (a big if), that 1st round pick has a much better chance of vesting today than it did yesterday.

16 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

This. Best case scenario for us is simply Colts losing and him playing good enough to not get benched or injured

Thanks to a couple bonehead plays, the first thing happened and outside of those he was ok so the second stays alive for now as well. Yay!

One thing I’m certain of is the Colts will not bench Wentz to preserve the first unless they don’t believe Wentz is their quarterback. 

11 minutes ago, Procus said:

The really big news is that Derrick Henry may be out for the season.  The playoffs are definitely a realistic goal for the Colts at this stage, and barring injury to Wentz (a big if), that 1st round pick has a much better chance of vesting today than it did yesterday.

Looking at the Colts final games they probably go 4-5. That’s enough to keep them in the mix with the Titans. I don’t think it’s enough to overcome them though. A 7-10 record probably secures a 1st pick in the teens for the Eagles.

31 minutes ago, Procus said:

Winning the division is not likely.   Losing yesterday pretty much killed that.  Titans now hold a 3 game edge, with the tie breaker. 

IF the Titans only go 3-6 the rest of the way, they finish 9-8.  For the Colts to hit 9-7-1 which they would need to, in order to beat out the Titans, they'd have to go 6-2-1... with the Bills, Bucs, Cardinals, Patriots and Raiders left on their schedule.  

Meanwhile, Titans still have Texans (x2), Jags and Dolphins.  All 4 are easily winnable for the Titans, and that would actually put them at 10-7, making the Colts need to go 7-1-1 the rest of the way, even more unlikely.

Colts will have to get in as a wild card, and that's going to be tough for them at 9-8, meaning they go 6-3 down the stretch.  They could, but it's unlikely.

Archived