EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If i were the broncos I’d fire fangio. Every time I watch that offense they under utilize Javonte Williams, jeudy and noah fant. Those 3 could be such better playmakers if they stop using Melvin Gordon who’s not even gonna be there next year and somehow incorporate Noah Fant and jeudy more into that offense. I tend to think fant is gonna wind up leaving Denver after next season  and signing somewhere in free agency that utilizes him better and become a huge hit just because Denver did not know how to use him.

** don’t get me wrong their QB is a problem too but there’s like no creativeness in getting those guys the ball more often or using their skill sets and playing to their strengths 

That's the Pat Shurmur affect 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Looks like @4for4EaglesNest destroyed the real fanbase nonsense in his last two posts.

You are such a "real" fan that you won't bet on the Eagles winning in the playoffs, because you have no faith they can actually do so.

And before you start with your copout "I don't want you to root against the team" nonsense, I already said multiple times I do not and will not.

Show us your fandom, take my bet, you get rid of me for a month, unless you are not as much of a fan as those Football Team fans on reddit.

How many times do I have to go over this? I have no interest in taking your bet.  No where and not at any time have I said the Eagles will win a playoff game.  But they I do they can if all goes right. That's the beauty of football, especially playoff football.  I'm very excited over the chance to watch this team in the playoffs and see how they show up on that stage in a win or go home setting. 

Stop being pathetic.  

16 minutes ago, Swoop said:

He's blocked me, because I routinely made him look like the idiot he is. Having said that, does no one else see the irony of him criticizing Eagles fans, but going and reading about/talking with WFT "fans" ?

It’s not irony — it’s trolling.  You guys keep him endlessly entertained because you keep gobbling down the bait.

32 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Check down Charlie?  What Minshew did against the Jets is exactly why he's a backup QB, and a good one. He's very accurate with 5-10 yard throws.

Minshew is 4.1 in air yards per completion, Hurts is 4.3, no difference.

In Jax, he had a QBR of 44.0 and 44.6. And he doesn't add the running element that takes the Eagle run game to another level.

And Jalen Hurts QBR, which accounts for his running, 33.8 last year and 46.5 this year.

Adding to the second point, the run game was just as explosive with Minshew at QB.  We ran for 40 more yards than the Jets average allowed per game.

Edited to add @austinfan, the second highest rushing total by the running backs is the 174 yards against the Jets.  The running game was the same with Minshew at QB.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

It’s not irony — it’s trolling.  You guys keep him endlessly entertained because you keep gobbling down the bait.

tennant-doctorwho.gif

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

This blog is going to have a full on meltdown if the Eagles win a game in the playoffs on the back of a big Hurts game.

This place is split over rooting for the Eagles to lose and miss the playoffs or making the playoffs and then rooting for them to get blown out. 

Hurts is earning a second year as starter and his continued development along with the cap space and draft capital should result in an even better team next year.  Can't wait. 

I want to see an Eagles-Colts Super Bowl, and the Eagles win by only passing the ball 4 times.

2 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I want to see an Eagles-Colts Super Bowl, and the Eagles win by only passing the ball 4 times.

And one is a Greg Ward Philly Special redux

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

How many times do I have to go over this? I have no interest in taking your bet.  No where and not at any time have I said the Eagles will win a playoff game.  But they I do they can if all goes right. That's the beauty of football, especially playoff football.  I'm very excited over the chance to watch this team in the playoffs and see how they show up on that stage in a win or go home setting. 

Stop being pathetic.  

You say you believe they can do it, are capable of  it, have the ability to beat most teams in the league.  All bolded below.

If you believe it, make the bet.  Imagine the smack you can talk for a month, and I will be suspended and can't do anything about it.

You just posted a bunch of nonsense about teams having "real" fans, and now you are not stepping up and being a real fan.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:35 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm not backtracking.  I think they are capable of it.  That isn't saying they will do it, just that I believe they can do it.  You are so desperate for a reason to root against this team more openly than you already do.  Why do you even follow this team still?  You dislike so much about it and you don't live in the Philadelphia area.  All  you do is spread hate about everything that you don't like about the team.  

On 12/26/2021 at 4:09 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

But come playoff time we will have the leagues best offensive line and running game with a team that is confident behind it.  Underdog mentality and all of that.  This team is capable of a first round upset.  They can't play like they did on offense if the first half today but they have the ability to beat most teams in the league if they manage to put it together for 4 quarters.  

On 12/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Why would I take a bet for a 1 month suspension over something that I hope/root for and think is a possibility but I am not calling for as something that is going to happen?  You desperately want a reason to root more openly than you currently do for the Eagles to lose.  I'm not going to give you that though.  

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

You say you believe they can do it, are capable of  it, have the ability to beat most teams in the league.  All bolded below.

If you believe it, make the bet.  Imagine the smack you can talk for a month, and I will be suspended and can't do anything about it.

You just posted a bunch of nonsense about teams having "real" fans, and now you are not stepping up and being a real fan.

Thanks for posting those quotes that backup exactly what I just said.  

I don't need a bet to "talk smack for a month", I will be talking for years going forward about how you pathetically started rooting against this team. . No bet is needed. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Thanks for posting those quotes that backup exactly what I just said.  

I don't need a bet to "talk smack for a month", I will be talking for years going forward about how you pathetically started rooting against this team. . No bet is needed. 

I am not rooting against the team, I am just real enough to not be a blind homer and can see the issues with the currently constructed team.  This team can not win a playoff game or have sustained success because of a below average passing QB, an oft injured #1 RB, and absolutely lost #2 WR, an aging core group that needs to be replaced ( Kelce, Brooks, Johnson, Graham, Cox, McLeod, Slay ).  Also need replacements for Nelson, Barnett, This team needed to have multiple top 15 picks to add top level talent at all levels of the defense.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Out of curiosity, what has Hurts shown you that he could win a big game with this offense depending on his arm

I disagree with this narrative that in order for the Eagles to win a game in the playoffs that Hurts has to air it out for 400+ yards in the air.  Since week 8 we have the 2nd most productive offense in the league.  As long as the Eagles stick to what got them there and control the clock and get consistent scoring drives then they should have a chance. A lot will ride on the defense needing to get stops and that will be the big x factor. 

But this narrative is beyond silly that since it is the playoffs the Eagles will now need to drastically change their offense in order to win. 

22 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Well yeah, there's that as well.

32 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Check down Charlie?  What Minshew did against the Jets is exactly why he's a backup QB, and a good one. He's very accurate with 5-10 yard throws.

In Jax, he had a QBR of 44.0 and 44.6. And he doesn't add the running element that takes the Eagle run game to another level.

A near perfect performance is why hes a backup?

What did you want him to do, throw it as hard as he could into the bleachers just to show off his arm?

If Hurts could do what Minshew did we'd probably have another 2 wins.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I am not rooting against the team, I am just real enough to not be a blind homer and can see the issues with the currently constructed team.  This team can not win a playoff game or have sustained success because of a below average passing QB, an oft injured #1 RB, and absolutely lost #2 WR, an aging core group that needs to be replaced ( Kelce, Brooks, Johnson, Graham, Cox, McLeod, Slay ).  Also need replacements for Nelson, Barnett, This team needed to have multiple top 15 picks to add top level talent at all levels of the defense.

You are actively rooting against the team.  You aren't fooling anyone otherwise. 

Also there is extreme insincerity in the rest of you post when you spent all summer going off on why the Eagles should trade as many licks as needed to get Watson because Roseman is so incompetent at GM that he won't do anything but draft busts with all the extra picks. 

If the Eagles don't make the playoffs their draft pick doesn't suddenly leap into the top 10. There will be no drastic change in draft position.  It will not be a franchise altering shift. 

25 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Why 4?   

19 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Out of curiosity, what has Hurts shown you that he could win a big game with this offense depending on his arm

To be fair, his final two drives against the Chargers provides some hope.

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

A near perfect performance is why hes a backup?

What did you want him to do, throw it as hard as he could into the bleachers just to show off his arm?

If Hurts could do what Minshew did we'd probably have another 2 wins.

The Jets have a pitiful defense. Minshew did what he had to do to win.

The Giants play much better defense, they stuffed the run early, forced the Eagles to pass, Hurts struggled in the 1st Q, was fine after that (the second Q was penalties killing drives).

For the Eagles to win a playoff game with Hurts, he doesn't have to throw for 400 yards (in that case, with any QB, you're probably gonna lose b/c your defense is dog crap).

He does have to make a few key throws and not make bad mistakes.

But the key will be the defense, if they can play a solid game, the OL and run game will keep them off the field and give them the legs to make big plays.

9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You are actively rooting against the team.  You aren't fooling anyone otherwise. 

Find someone to back you up on that claim, and I can find 10 people who say you are wrong.

Also there is extreme insincerity in the rest of you post when you spent all summer going off on why the Eagles should trade as many licks as needed to get Watson because Roseman is so incompetent at GM that he won't do anything but draft busts with all the extra picks. 

Eagles are currently looking at picks 17,18,23.  That is the range that Howie Roseman comes up with Derek Barnett, Andre Dillard and Jalen Reagor.

If the Eagles don't make the playoffs their draft pick doesn't suddenly leap into the top 10. There will be no drastic change in draft position.  It will not be a franchise altering shift. 

The franchise altering shift in the Eagles pick was taking the ball out of a below average passers hands, running twice as much as passing, and feeding on the ten worst teams in the league and winning games that create false hope about the state of the team.

Adding to the last point, since week 8, Hurts averages 24 passing attempts per game, and the one time he eclipsed 30 attempts it was a loss.  

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It's gonna be bad. Outside of a miracle every NFC playoff team is gonna make him throw the ball 30+ times, just a disaster waiting to happen

The offense is good enough to beat any defense they face.  The real issue is the defense isn't good enough to beat any of the better offenses.  

18 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

To be fair, his final two drives against the Chargers provides some hope.

I wound agree but then again the chargers defense just got destroyed by Davis mills and the Texans as well. Also allowed Big Ben and baker to look like pro bowlers too. 

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

The Jets have a pitiful defense. Minshew did what he had to do to win.

Eagles backs had their second highest rushing total in this game, 40 yards more than the Jets give up.  Running game is not dependent on Hurts.

The Giants play much better defense, they stuffed the run early, forced the Eagles to pass, Hurts struggled in the 1st Q, was fine after that (the second Q was penalties killing drives).

There is not a huge gap between them and they both suck

For the Eagles to win a playoff game with Hurts, he doesn't have to throw for 400 yards (in that case, with any QB, you're probably gonna lose b/c your defense is dog crap).

In the playoffs last year, the team with more passing yards was 8-5.  

He does have to make a few key throws and not make bad mistakes.

Which he has not shown he can consistently do.

But the key will be the defense, if they can play a solid game, the OL and run game will keep them off the field and give them the legs to make big plays.

Eagles are 5th in yards and 11th in points allowed.  Defense will be fine.  You are playing the top teams in the league in the playoffs, so you have to score to win.

I will add about playoff scoring, wild card round last year, only two of 6 teams won scoring 27 or less points.

Division round, two winning teams scored 30+, Chiefs scored 22 beating Baker Mayfield, Bills scored 17 beating the better version of Hurts, Lamar Jackson who scored 3.

Championship round, both winners scored 30+

Super Bowl winner scored 30+.

Defense is NOT the key in the playoffs.  You have to score 27+ points 75% of the time to win.

Went and looked at the previous year, division round through the Super Bowl the winning teams averaged 33.9 PPG.

7 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The offense is good enough to beat any defense they face.  The real issue is the defense isn't good enough to beat any of the better offenses.  

See above

I don't think anyone has illusions about the teams we beat, anymore than we should have illusions that a 2-5 start against a killer schedule with a new HC and a young QB provided an accurate read on this team. The truth is somewhere inbetween, i.e., their 8-7 record reflects what this team is, slightly above average.

But that is damn good when you're rebuilding, coming off a 4-11-1 season.

They're gradually moving out the veterans, but some will remain b/c they're really good, Lane at 31 is playing at an All Pro level again, which means his ankle is probably back to 100%. Slay is playing at a top level as well. McLeod, Harris, Nelson are likely gone next year, along with Kerrigan. Cox will return, Brooks depending on health (not enough cap gain to cut him if he can play). Graham should bounce back, his game is as much technique and effort as athleticism. That buys time for rookies to learn to play (most rookies emerge the second half of their rookie season or their second season).

Hurts will start until he proves he can't win or they find someone better. Like every team.

The only tradable player is Dillard, who will be in demand b/c LTs who can pass block are hard to find. Teams know he's stuck behind two elite OTs.

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Adding to the last point, since week 8, Hurts averages 24 passing attempts per game, and the one time he eclipsed 30 attempts it was a loss.  

The Eagles aren't getting a top 10 pick if they miss the playoffs. 

Eagles have the second most productive offense in the ekague since week 8.  They should be able to score in the playoffs if they stick to what got them there.  The issue in the playoffs will be if the defense can make stops because when they play top QBs they allow 80%+ completion percentage. 

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I will add about playoff scoring, wild card round last year, only two of 6 teams won scoring 27 or less points.

Division round, two winning teams scored 30+, Chiefs scored 22 beating Baker Mayfield, Bills scored 17 beating the better version of Hurts, Lamar Jackson who scored 3.

Championship round, both winners scored 30+

Super Bowl winner scored 30+.

Defense is NOT the key in the playoffs.  You have to score 27+ points 75% of the time to win.

Went and looked at the previous year, division round through the Super Bowl the winning teams averaged 33.9 PPG.

2020 -  13 games, losing teams scored 37, 26, 24, 24, 23, 20, 20, 18, 17, 9, 9, 3

2019  - 11 games, losing teams scored 31 (51), 24, 23, 20, 20, 20, 19, 13, 12, 10, 9

2018 - 11 games, losing teams scored, 31, 28, 23, 22, 22, 17, 15, 14, 13, 7, 3

A run oriented offense means fewer scoring opportunities for the other team, so less points needed to win.

25 points would have won most of these games.

Archived