EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well... everywhere but at WR.

True, I almost forgot. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skins fans are fair weather fans. They will be out in droves if they are good. Otherwise they disappear. 

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Is he really?

Yes, I think it's uncertain if he returns. That's what I meant by the ? If he wins a playoff game, and Lowie is unable to execute a trade for Wilson; I could see them spinning around and claiming Hurts was always their choice kinda thing. 

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ah, yes. 

And can you believe that people are starting to forget how bad of a defense we have because we have been going up against the following QB's.

Teddy Bridgewater

Trevor Simien

Daniel Jones

Zach Wilson

Garret Gilbert

Jake Fromm/Mike Glennon

The above is why this team is in playoff contention.  Nothing more.  Talk about fools gold.  And there are a ton of fools in here.  

We have the easiest schedule in the entire nfl this year, by a pretty substantial margin too.  The already easiest schedule has been compounded by facing numerous emergency qbs.

We are all Eagles fans and hope this isn’t fool’s gold…but I do suspect that the only thing making the 2021 eagles better than 2020 is the schedule, better injury luck, and an OL with better depth.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

McNabb

2000:  86  629

2001:  82  482

2002:  64  460

2003:  71  355

2004:  41  220

After he was hurt in 2005, his running fell off to that of a "normal" QB. But in his peak years, he was a "running QB."

Did McNabb run around in circles? Go back and look at the "catch" (I thank my hands) in the 2003 playoffs against GB. He frequently used his legs to buy time.

And he had a great OL, Tra - Welbourn - Fraley - Mayberry - Runyan.

That's not what he was referring to.  There's a big difference between doing a scramble drill and buying time for your WRs to get open and dancing/running around in circles in a mostly clean pocket like some little carousel toy figure.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

I love Hutchinson but theres no one worthy of a 1st, or 2nd overall pick. 

Find a team stupid enough and trade back. 

Somebody has to go 1st overall....and the consensus right now seems to be Hutch is that guy....I think it's foolish to declare nobody is worthy of the 1st pick before they've even played a snap in the pros

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Yes, I think it's uncertain if he returns. That's what I meant by the ? If he wins a playoff game, and Lowie is unable to execute a trade for Wilson; I could see them spinning around and claiming Hurts was always their choice kinda thing. 

🤦‍♂️

19 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Hutch is likely going #1 overall. No chance we get him (nor would I pay the amount it will cost to go up and get him). 

I spent the entire season being unimpressed by Thibodeaux. It makes sense he’s "slipping” (in reality, the NFL teams probably had him off #1 for a while). Hutchinson doesn’t look like a #1 pick to me, although I agree. It looks like he is going 1 or 2.

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He's blocked me, because I routinely made him look like the idiot he is. Having said that, does no one else see the irony of him criticizing Eagles fans, but going and reading about/talking with WFT "fans" ?

18 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Ah, yes. 

And can you believe that people are starting to forget how bad of a defense we have because we have been going up against the following QB's.

Teddy Bridgewater

Trevor Simien

Daniel Jones

Zach Wilson

Garret Gilbert

Jake Fromm/Mike Glennon

The above is why this team is in playoff contention.  Nothing more.  Talk about fools gold.  And there are a ton of fools in here.  

We'll see what happens.  

I know they haven't played an all star lineup of QBs lately but can't control that.  

2 minutes ago, SB52 said:

I spent the entire season being unimpressed by Thibodeaux. It makes sense he’s "slipping” (in reality, the NFL teams probably had him off #1 for a while). Hutchinson doesn’t look like a #1 pick to me, although I agree. It looks like he is going 1 or 2.

Not sure this draft has a '#1' pick... but someone will be selected first.

49 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Meanwhile an actual fanbase is hoping for a win in the face of draft position despite no real hope to make the playoffs. 

Looks like @4for4EaglesNest destroyed the real fanbase nonsense in his last two posts.

You are such a "real" fan that you won't bet on the Eagles winning in the playoffs, because you have no faith they can actually do so.

And before you start with your copout "I don't want you to root against the team" nonsense, I already said multiple times I do not and will not.

Show us your fandom, take my bet, you get rid of me for a month, unless you are not as much of a fan as those Football Team fans on reddit.

We have quite a bit of experience with QBs that can run. Randall, McNabb, Vick, now Hurts. Even Wentz pre injury was a fair runner. Hurts is the only one of the group that can’t/couldn’t throw.

49 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

the reason why the Denver Broncos went out and got Manning was because Tim Tebow could not throw the football. the Broncos had all the components to win and manning took that franchise to a complete other level once he got there. The best success in the last 20 years of that franchise with Peyton Manning playing like Fing peyton manning. the 3 years before winning their super bowl, he averaged 12.7 wins per year, got to a super bowl and he averaged 43.7 td passes per year. Before Peyton Manning got to the Denver Broncos the five seasons prior they were 35-45 and didn’t have a winning season in any of those years. could that Super Bowl year they put any quarterback on that team and could’ve possibly won a Super Bowl? Maybe however I don’t think that franchise turns the corner into the winner they became unless Peyton Manning comes there and help them get to that level.

Manning was a better QB his first three years in Denver, yet they came up short, they scored 606 points in 2013 yet lost the SB b/c the defense had a bad year.

When they won it, Manning was a shell of himself, finished that year with a QBR of 44.2, Osweiler started 7 games and went 5-2 and actually outplayed Manning.

The defense gave up 16 points to the Steelers, 18 to the Patriots and 10 to the Panthers to win a SB. manning threw 2 TD passes in 3 post-season games.

6 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Skins fans are fair weather fans. They will be out in droves if they are good. Otherwise they disappear. 

I think this is really only partially true.  If you don't remember how DC was before Dan Snyder you are missing something.  Snyder has absolutely destroyed a very loyal fan base in a very dedicated football town. RFK was sold out pretty much every game, even in down years.   Now, unless the team is doing really well, nobody can quite stomach paying money to Dan Snyder.  

1 minute ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I think this is really only partially true.  If you don't remember how DC was before Dan Snyder you are missing something.  Snyder has absolutely destroyed a very loyal fan base in a very dedicated football town. RFK was sold out pretty much every game, even in down years.   Now, unless the team is doing really well, nobody can quite stomach paying money to Dan Snyder.  

I lived there back in the 80s and early 90s. I remember. Yeah they sold out but people back at home weren’t paying attention in the off years. 

Mcnabb ceased to be a running qb after 2000.  He was extremely bitter about that label and did everything possible to shed it.

Running for 400 yards is a mobile qb who can run.

630 yards (Mcnabb, 2000) is a running qb.

740 yards rushing with 10 rushing TDs and less than 3,000 yards passing in week 17 is a running back.

13 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Sounds like Dallas fans where I live, Syracuse. 

When they are good you see people out at the grocery store, restaurants, etc wearing their Cowboys gear.  When they are bad or average, you never see anybody wearing it.

39 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I feel the complete opposite. 

I've learned more/seen more from Hurts(or the lack there of) playing against the weaker part of the schedule than I did the harder part. 

He had a ton of garbage time in those games and you didnt learn much. 

The Giants game, first half of the 2nd Giants game, How Minshew did against the Jets showed me basically all I needed to know.

Check down Charlie?  What Minshew did against the Jets is exactly why he's a backup QB, and a good one. He's very accurate with 5-10 yard throws.

In Jax, he had a QBR of 44.0 and 44.6. And he doesn't add the running element that takes the Eagle run game to another level.

10 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Now that's an actual fan base

If i were the broncos I’d fire fangio. Every time I watch that offense they under utilize Javonte Williams, jeudy and noah fant. Those 3 could be such better playmakers if they stop using Melvin Gordon who’s not even gonna be there next year and somehow incorporate Noah Fant and jeudy more into that offense. I tend to think fant is gonna wind up leaving Denver after next season  and signing somewhere in free agency that utilizes him better and become a huge hit just because Denver did not know how to use him.

** don’t get me wrong their QB is a problem too but there’s like no creativeness in getting those guys the ball more often or using their skill sets and playing to their strengths 

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Now that's an actual fan base

A fool and his money are soon parted.    Even if he wins, he's a fool.

3 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Mcnabb ceased to be a running qb after 2000.  He was extremely bitter about that label and did everything possible to shed it.

Running for 400 yards is a mobile qb who can run.

630 yards (Mcnabb, 2000) is a running qb.

740 yards rushing with 10 rushing TDs and less than 3,000 yards passing in week 17 is a running back.

Problem was he didn't learn how to run a WCO until 2003 (after the first two games when a thumb injury really hindered him). After the bye, through 2004 (showing the addition of TO was overrated) he put up similar numbers, his best completion % of his career, and looked like an elite QB in the making. Then he got injured in 2005, couldn't use his legs to buy time and regressed back to good but not special.

He made a lot of plays escaping the pocket and firing down field, he was not very good at going through his progressions, having been a one read option QB at Syracuse.

Just now, austinfan said:

Problem was he didn't learn how to run a WCO until 2003 (after the first two games when a thumb injury really hindered him). After the bye, through 2004 (showing the addition of TO was overrated) he put up similar numbers, his best completion % of his career, and looked like an elite QB in the making. Then he got injured in 2005, couldn't use his legs to buy time and regressed back to good but not special.

He made a lot of plays escaping the pocket and firing down field, he was not very good at going through his progressions, having been a one read option QB at Syracuse.

Oh, there are a lot of problems with Mcnabb.  Your summary of him was pretty good.  

Archived