EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

I would add Minnesota and Indy.  I don't know if those teams want Cousins and Wentz back.

Very true.  I left Indy out because I think they ultimately roll with Wentz in 2022, but that’s a shaky relationship for sure.

I think you are right about Minnesota.  That’s definitely a team that could draft a QB.  Cousins will be starting somewhere in 2022, but no franchise will be looking at him as a long term solution.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I would add Minnesota and Indy.  I don't know if those teams want Cousins and Wentz back.

You guys are forgetting the Steelers as well 

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Teams in the QB market:

Denver

Carolina

NYG

Philly

WFT

Atlanta

New Orleans

Teams with shaky relationships with their starters:

Cleveland

Houston (Mills)

Miami

Teams with QBs who may move them: 

Vegas

Seattle

Watson will knock a team off that QB market list.  If Rodgers/Love and Garoppalo/Lance are split apart, that will also knock teams out of the QB market.  If Vegas and Seattle enter the QB market, that means 2 other teams exit it.

Rough estimate, that means about 6 teams will enter the draft willing to spend a high pick on the right guy, if they like someone.

I don’t really know how 5-7 teams in the market compares to most years, to be honest.

Denver is the one team that is like Tampa and has all the pieces in place (good skill position players and a good D) and just needs a good QB.  They should be all-in on either Wilson or Rodgers as their window is open right now and either one of those QBs will give them a 4-5 year window of being SB contenders.

The rest, with the exception of the Browns, need lots more roster building.  The Browns might also just need a QB to put them over the top, though Denver is in a better position IMO, but who the F wants to go to Cleveland?

But, yes, not only are there multiple teams seeking HCs, there are multiple teams seeking to upgrade their QB.  It's going to be a very interesting off-season.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Yep. There isn't the supply of QBs for all these teams with needs. Your going to see some teams overpay (with draft picks/salary) for mediocre QBs this offseason because they are in a corner.  I don't think any QBs in this draft will be ready to start Day 1, even Pickett.

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Think the Steelers are more likely to draft a quarterback. There was a report yesterday morning about the Steelers were not preparing to give up multiple first round picks to get someone like Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I needed to change it because I can’t putt for crap.  

I haven't golfed in ages, but my short game was always better than my long game.  I'm visually dyslexic so I could literally see the patterns on the green for where I had to place the putt.  It's a fun gift.  Usually.

Yep. There isn't the supply of QBs for all these teams with needs. Your going to see some teams overpay (with draft picks/salary) for mediocre QBs this offseason because they are in a corner.  I don't think any QBs in this draft will be ready to start Day 1, even Pickett.

Without any supply of Day 1 ready starting QBs in the draft there will be a few veteran guys on the move — Garoppolo for sure, but I think Goff, Wilson, possibly even a couple of other established guys like Mayfield and Wentz.  Watson will stay out of prison and someone will pay for him 

To the people still defending Hurts:

Remember that big pass to Watkins in the middle of the field earlier in the game? Check out the replay on the incompletion right before it, from Hurts' perspective. High school level wide open. Then he's the immediate hot read on the play in question. The plays are entirely scripted and Hurts sees NO ONE. It's all done and seen by the coaches.

10 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Denver is the one team that is like Tampa and has all the pieces in place (good skill position players and a good D) and just needs a good QB.  They should be all-in on either Wilson or Rodgers as their window is open right now and either one of those QBs will give them a 4-5 year window of being SB contenders.

The rest, with the exception of the Browns, need lots more roster building.  The Browns might also just need a QB to put them over the top, though Denver is in a better position IMO, but who the F wants to go to Cleveland?

But, yes, not only are there multiple teams seeking HCs, there are multiple teams seeking to upgrade their QB.  It's going to be a very interesting off-season.

I think the teams that are going to be more aggressive in the veteran QB trade market this offseason are the broncos (for the reasons you said), browns ( depending on if they can move baker), eagles, Washington (Indy could depending on what they choose to do with wentz. I still frankly think is back in 2022) 

I think the Steelers would at the right price but i think they go draft based on the report yesterday that came out.

i think the giants it could go either way depending on whom they hire as HC and GM. 

atlanta is stuck with Matt Ryan due to $40 dead money hit. So I can’t see them giving up pics to get a veteran quarterback and then having to somehow get Matt Ryan off the books. I see a 2nd or 3rd round pick used on a QB to groom behind Ryan for a year 

I explained Carolina situation before. They are stuck in Sam Darnold‘s fifth year option. That’s a lot of money for them to just go out and try to get another veteran quarterback that’s making a lot of money. basically need a Goff type deal to unload darnold. Probably less comp cause he’s making less than goff and is no cap hit after 2022 

I think part of the reason why Miami fired Brian Flores was because the owner wants to go forward with Tua and I dont think Flores did. 

I think the Saints would like to be aggressive in the veteran quarterback market. I don’t think they’re going to have the cap to acquire one because they are paying Taysom Hill too much money.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Without any supply of Day 1 ready starting QBs in the draft there will be a few veteran guys on the move — Garoppolo for sure, but I think Goff, Wilson, possibly even a couple of other established guys like Mayfield and Wentz.  Watson will stay out of prison and someone will pay for him 

Some of these teams might make up with their current starters and just ride it out another year because of it.  I bet the 49ers will get a pretty good trade offer for Jimmy G. because the supply isn't there. One of these teams will overpay for him.  If the 49ers go to the SB with Jimmy G., then it will really be interesting. At that point, I think the 49ers would probably keep him and push the Lance-Era back another year.

Budda Baker just got wrecked by Akers. And, it looked like tempers were flaring as it went to commercial.

Some of these teams might make up with their current starters and just ride it out another year because of it.  I bet the 49ers will get a pretty good trade offer for Jimmy G. because the supply isn't there. One of these teams will overpay for him.  If the 49ers go to the SB with Jimmy G., then it will really be interesting. At that point, I think the 49ers would probably keep him and push the Lance-Era back another year.

Not sure the niners make it that far. Apparently Jimmy G has a shoulder sprain not sure with his thumb injury and now this he’s able to beat GB in Gb  

1 minute ago, metal said:

Budda Baker tried to lay the wood and got laid out. Damn,

Budda almost saw Buddha. 

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Not sure the niners make it that far. Apparently Jimmy G has a shoulder sprain not sure with his thumb injury and now this he’s able to beat GB in Gb  

If Bosa and Warner can play this week, I think they have a really good shot of winning. It is going to be ridiculously cold there next weekend...negative windchill. Deebo is a player who could be a difference in that kind of game.

Just now, metal said:

That was ugly.  Hope he's okay.

He was KO’d for sure. Just hope there’s no neck damage. 

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

And hopefully it won't be us. 

He will cost too much in draft capital first of all.  He comes with too much baggage and drama.  He's the Lebron of the NFL.  F that.  And with 20 something women claiming sexual misconduct, now I don't think it was really that many, probably like 3-5 and the rest are piling on for their payday (they all have the same lawyer last I knew of), but the fact that he could have just hired a high end call girl who would have been fine signing an NDA and instead needed to try and convince these massage therapists to me means he has a bit of a predator complex and that isn't something that just goes away.  He's a future liability and not worth the risk.  Way too many red flags there.

2 minutes ago, bitbased said:

That's not good. RB lunged right into his head

Based on the lowering the helmet rule, it should've been a penalty.  They stopped calling it on offensive players this year and it was a point of emphasis last year.

The cardinals were the second most overrated team this year right behind the cowboys. This isn't surprising at all

Based on the lowering the helmet rule, it should've been a penalty.  They stopped calling it on offensive players this year and it was a point of emphasis last year.

Yeah, after seeing the replay it definitely should've been a penalty. Couldn't tell that he lead with the helmet from behind.

Archived