EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think 49ers Packers could be really good too. San Fran could score the upset. Hell even Titans/Bengals is interesting. I guess that's what happens when nearly all the favorites win.

I'm rooting for a bills san fran superbowl. Brady out, Crazy Aaron out are the last two wishes I have. (Likely not going to happen though)

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, greend said:

I'm rooting for a bills san fran superbowl. Brady out, Crazy Aaron out are the last two wishes I have. (Likely not going to happen though)

I cheering for the Bills now, they're kinda our home team. But agree, would love to see Brady and Rodgers knocked out 

8 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

This made me laugh. :P

Sorry but "Booger" needs to be more professional than that. Would you be laughing if he said what in the Jalen Hurts is that? 

Just now, greend said:

Sorry but "Booger" needs to be more professional than that. Would you be laughing if he said what in the Jalen Hurts is that? 

It didn’t look like something Wentz would do.  It looked for all the world like something Hurts would do.

45 minutes ago, McMVP said:

I wouldn’t even part with the 3 firsts for Wilson.  He may have only 2-3 years left in him.  

Jeremiah is being a dunce, as he has a propensity to do.  The fair price for Wilson or Watson is one 2022 1st round pick, one future 1st (2023), and a player or 3rd round pick.  If Howie pays more than that it’s an awful trade and made purely out of desperation 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I'll root for Tennessee because I love Nashville and the love of my Vols.  I'll also root for GB because I like to watch Aaron Rodgers play and I want to see all of the little pansies get worked up over him.  I think it'll be great theatre for the SB. 

Below is my hit list......1 more to go.  

Steelers

Cowboys 

Cardinals (Zach Ertz)

Chiefs (Andy Reid)

My hit list

Chiefs

Rams

14 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

It didn’t look like something Wentz would do.  It looked for all the world like something Hurts would do.

Booger was playing off this:

I'm finding it amusing that while we all see and acknowledge that Hurts isn't a starter (RTK and Afan excepted) some posters think including him in a trade increases the value of the trade package.   After Sunday, unfortunately,  Hurts devalues trade offers rather than increasing them.  Here is why:

He played 16 games including the playoffs

17 passing TDs in 16 games

Over half of his passing TDs (9) came in the 4th qtr of games

Excluding 4th qtrs he played a total of 48 qtrs of football and had 8 throwing TDs.  He averaged 1 passing TD every 6 qtrs in the first 3 qtrs of games!  1 passing TD every other game in the first 3 qtrs of the game!!!!!

It's obvious he can't throw with anticipation or accuracy.  If he could his lack of arm strength would not be so glaring.  He struggles with locking on receivers.  Struggles with pre-snap reads.  So many passing plays have to be removed from the game plan as he just cant make the throw (quick slants and underneath crossing patterns just to name 2.  Smith should have 40 catches alone with slants and shallow crosses he is so WIDE OPEN on those all the time).

By all accounts he is a wonderful person and that does have cache (DeShaun Watson!) but Hurts does not add value to a trade right now and through this off season.  He devalues a trade.  

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

I'm finding it amusing that while we all see and acknowledge that Hurts isn't a starter (RTK and Afan excepted) some posters think including him in a trade increases the value of the trade package.   After Sunday, unfortunately,  Hurts devalues trade offers rather than increasing them.  Here is why:

Excluding 4th qtrs he played a total of 48 qtrs of football and had 8 throwing TDs.  He averaged 1 passing TD every 6 qtrs in the first 3 qtrs of games!  1 passing TD every other game in the first 3 qtrs of the game!!!!!

It's obvious he can't throw with anticipation or accuracy.  If he could his lack of arm strength would not be so glaring.  He struggles with locking on receivers.  Struggles with pre-snap reads.  So many passing plays have to be removed from the game plan as he just cant make the throw (quick slants and underneath crossing patterns just to name 2.  Smith should have 40 catches alone with slants and shallow crosses he is so WIDE OPEN on those all the time).

By all accounts he is a wonderful person and that does have cache (DeShaun Watson!) but Hurts does not add value to a trade right now and through this off season.  He devalues a trade.  

This is all kinds of wrong and this is coming from someone who has said from day 1 that Hurts is terrible.  He's not a starting qb by any stretch of the imagination but he is at the very least a quality backup on a cheap contract for two more years.  That alone has mid-round pick value.  And under no circumstances would including him "devalue a trade" because the acquiring team could cut him for nothing.  

There's a sucker born everyday, but I don't see Hurts fetching anything more than a 3rd, maybe a conditional 2nd.

6 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Lol, and some in here tried to say that his running TD's made up for his lack of passing TDs, as "they all count the same". Ridiculous. 

34 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bring Mayock in, local guy, to be the draft sounding board for Howie.  Since we know Lurie won't get smart and fire him.  

Umm…the Raiders draft track record the past three years is worse than ours. 

24 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Except, you know, it looked almost exactly like something he did a few weeks ago…

You guys, Howie is way too stubborn to admit it was a bad pick and trade him. He's not trading Hurts for a mid round pick.

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

There's a sucker born everyday, but I don't see Hurts fetching anything more than a 3rd, maybe a conditional 2nd.

I think that is wishful thinking. 

10 minutes ago, Peppersmacks said:

This is all kinds of wrong and this is coming from someone who has said from day 1 that Hurts is terrible.  He's not a starting qb by any stretch of the imagination but he is at the very least a quality backup on a cheap contract for two more years.  That alone has mid-round pick value.  And under no circumstances would including him "devalue a trade" because the acquiring team could cut him for nothing.  

Point taken,  but I'll stick my guns saying he doesn't add value right now.  If he is your back up the whole offense has to change.

6 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

You guys, Howie is way too stubborn to admit it was a bad pick and trade him. He's not trading Hurts for a mid round pick.

Meh. He's traded a lot of guys that he picked including Wentz. That said the only way he trades Hurts is if we somehow find a real quarterback this off season and as many in here have said there are a lot of teams looking for them and the picks aren't all that great.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Umm, that's a questionable position.  Mayock drafted the following:

Josh Jacobs

Max Crosby

Henry Ruggs (I am sure if Mayock would have known that Ruggs was going to kill someone...)

Leatherwood

Moehrig

Again, some poor character guys in Ruggs and Arnette, no doubt.  But nowhere near the talent reaches that Lowie has had.  

Again, I am just looking for football minds sharper than Howie to help with the draft board.  But, I am sure there's a chimp at the local zoo that would qualify and cost less than Mayock.  

We could use a big board and let the chimp fling poo at it. Go with the pick that has the most poo

3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Thankfully, we have more ammo than any of those teams, and enough cap space to absorb a large hit. You can argue about the Giants, but they are in negative cap space and expected to give Jones one more shot.

If we don't land a QB, it won't be because we were outbid.

I don't disagree with you but what I'm saying is there's a lot of competition expected for QBs this off season. And I'll go back to my point that we should not use all our first round capital to acquire a QB. Especially not a veteran QB.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Umm, that's a questionable position.  Mayock drafted the following:

Josh Jacobs

Max Crosby

Henry Ruggs (I am sure if Mayock would have known that Ruggs was going to kill someone...)

Leatherwood

Moehrig

Again, some poor character guys in Ruggs and Arnette, no doubt.  But nowhere near the talent reaches that Lowie has had.  

Again, I am just looking for football minds sharper than Howie to help with the draft board.  But, I am sure there's a chimp at the local zoo that would qualify and cost less than Mayock.  

He had a couple hits but his day 1/2 guys have been pretty disappointing. They should just hire Kiper. Him and Lurie could have the best team hair in the war room. 

For perspective how Hurts contemporaries did (former Alabama and Oklahoma QBs) in their first post season starts this past weekend. 

Jones 24/38, 63.2%, 232 yards, 6.1 YPA, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 75.8 QB rating, 18 rushing yards & 0 rushing TD. 47-17 Loss.

Hurts 23/43, 53.5%, 258 yards, 6.0 YPA, 1 TD, 2 INT, 60.0 QB rating, 39 yards rushing & 0 rushing TD. 31-15 Loss.

Murray 19/34, 55.9%, 137 yards, 4.0 YPA, 0 TD, 2 INT, 40.9 QB rating, 6 yards rushing & 0 rushing TD. 34-11 Loss.

The thing with any trade is someone needs to want to trade for Hurts in the first place. How many teams will want to trade for Hurts, realistically?  Esp if there are other more seasoned QBs out there?

24 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I cant see getting anything better than a 4th for Hurts. Back up qbs are not worth that much. WHat did we give for Minshew? Thats probably a good starting spot for trade value for Hurts

A lot of you guys watched Eagles Live back in the day. Am I misremembering when the Eagles signed Matt Nagy at QB they wanted everyone to pronounce it "nudge"? Did this really happen or have I lost my mind?

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

For perspective how Hurts contemporaries did (former Alabama and Oklahoma QBs) in their first post season starts this past weekend. 

Jones 24/38, 63.2%, 232 yards, 6.1 YPA, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 75.8 QB rating, 18 rushing yards & 0 rushing TD. 47-17 Loss.

Hurts 23/43, 53.5%, 258 yards, 6.0 YPA, 1 TD, 2 INT, 60.0 QB rating, 39 yards rushing & 0 rushing TD. 31-15 Loss.

Murray 19/34, 55.9%, 137 yards, 4.0 YPA, 0 TD, 2 INT, 40.9 QB rating, 6 yards rushing & 0 rushing TD. 34-11 Loss.

Jones is an actual rookie, who had no chance in that game. You realize Buffalo had a perfect game on offense, which is unheard of? Jones also has no WR's at all, certainly none on the level of Smith.

Murray, when healthy, is ten times the QB Hurts is. Murray will likely always be banged up, and they invested the first overall pick in him. And it looks like he won't be the long term answer. He looked like pure trash last night. I wouldn't be happy as an Arizona fan this morning, it looks like groundhog day for them (great start to the season, ends in a flaming pile of dog poo). 

Hurts looks awful. Worse than both of them, regardless of the stats. Bowles dared him to throw intermediate, the WRs were open, but he couldn't/wouldn't pull the trigger. That's a massive issue, and stats don't tell the whole story.

Really man, now is not the time for you to try and puff your chest about how Hurts compares to other QBs. Hurts was god awful on Sunday, and who cares what the other QBs were like, they don't play for us. I wouldn't want any of these three as my QB of the future, but if I had to choose from them, Hurts would still be the third choice, and it wouldn't even take a second thought. 

Archived