EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

28 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

There's a sucker born everyday, but I don't see Hurts fetching anything more than a 3rd, maybe a conditional 2nd.

Deal!

No takesies-backsies

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

For perspective how Hurts contemporaries did (former Alabama and Oklahoma QBs) in their first post season starts this past weekend. 

Jones 24/38, 63.2%, 232 yards, 6.1 YPA, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 75.8 QB rating, 18 rushing yards & 0 rushing TD. 47-17 Loss.

Hurts 23/43, 53.5%, 258 yards, 6.0 YPA, 1 TD, 2 INT, 60.0 QB rating, 39 yards rushing & 0 rushing TD. 31-15 Loss.

Murray 19/34, 55.9%, 137 yards, 4.0 YPA, 0 TD, 2 INT, 40.9 QB rating, 6 yards rushing & 0 rushing TD. 34-11 Loss.

So you point is he's as bad as the rest so that makes him good?  

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't disagree with you but what I'm saying is there's a lot of competition expected for QBs this off season. And I'll go back to my point that we should not use all our first round capital to acquire a QB. Especially not a veteran QB.

I know, we've talked about our diverging viewpoints on that many times.

If Watson and/or Wilson give the nod, do you think Lowie goes all in to trade for them?

I think they would in a heartbeat.

I know people have said this before, but if we could figure out the technology, it would be cool to have like a consensus blog draft pick.

So a bunch of us could vote on who we think the pick should be, and the most votes becomes the Eagles Blog pick.    It would have to be like real time but how much would you guys bet that our draft would be pretty damn good?

6 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

So you point is he's as bad as the rest so that makes him good?  

Point is one playoff game doesn't define a young QB.  Josh Allen was also a bit of a mess in his first playoff game. 

Eagles would be wise to stick with Hurts next season and see how much further he develops in his 3rd season while building up the team, specifically the defense, around him. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Point is one playoff game doesn't define a young QB.  Josh Allen was also a bit of a mess in his first playoff game. 

Eagles would be wise to stick with Hurts next season and see how much further he develops in his 3rd season while building up the team, specifically the defense, around him. 

That isnt wise

Hurts' development--or lack thereof--actively undercuts the development of other players

Name a single player who got better on offense this year while we all watched Hurts struggle with the basics of QB play.....Ill wait

Hurts will get us good picks back. Too many teams without starting QB options. The Steelers with Hurts win the division this year.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Hurts is a poor man's Lamar Jackson. Dude sucks

Hurts has a CLEAN pocket and runs himself into pressure. Smith is WIDE open, but Hurts is once again way too slow to recognize it and by the time he sees it Smith is covered. Hurts proceeds to panic and throw off his back foot over a defender. This is what he did in the beginning of the season, under pressure he reverts back to his habits.

You saw all sorts of QB gurus try to work with Tebow to change his trowing motion, but every time the pressure built up you saw him revert back to his habits. Hurts can fix his mechanics all he wants with a QB guru, but he continues to go back to playing sandlot football and puts himself in bad situations.

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Hurts will get us good picks back. Too many teams without starting QB options. The Steelers with Hurts win the division this year.

Absolutely not.

1 minute ago, wussbasket said:

Absolutely not.

Yea, I laughed at that

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"Hurt's is basically a rookie"

"Hurt's has only started 22 regular season games"

"One playoff game doesn't define a young, QB"

A21A10C2-EEED-4D3B-9D11-EB7F8FAE98B9.gif.f277179b48f46f2860260ad9aa755f99.gif

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Hurts is a poor man's Lamar Jackson. Dude sucks

He's Tyrod Taylor on a good day.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That's a better comparison 

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

That's a better comparison 

Don't do Tyrod dirty like that

Go look at Taysom Hill's "Highlights". He's the same QB as Hurts, except he can occasionally throw it to the middle of the field. I don't think anyone thinks Taysom Hill is a good starting QB.

9 minutes ago, RLC said:

No offense, but Cincy is really good. And with Baltimore who has a better version of Hurts in Jackson? Not bloody likely. 

19 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Like I have told afan, buckle up, a new QB is coming.  Jeffrey Lurie quotes we posted yesterday, and the fact we acquired three 1st round picks confirms it.

21 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

For perspective how Hurts contemporaries did (former Alabama and Oklahoma QBs) in their first post season starts this past weekend. 

Jones 24/38, 63.2%, 232 yards, 6.1 YPA, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 75.8 QB rating, 18 rushing yards & 0 rushing TD. 47-17 Loss.

Hurts 23/43, 53.5%, 258 yards, 6.0 YPA, 1 TD, 2 INT, 60.0 QB rating, 39 yards rushing & 0 rushing TD. 31-15 Loss.

Murray 19/34, 55.9%, 137 yards, 4.0 YPA, 0 TD, 2 INT, 40.9 QB rating, 6 yards rushing & 0 rushing TD. 34-11 Loss.

Joe Burrow 24/34, 70%, 244 yards 7.0 YPA. 
2 TD, 0 INT, 110 passer rating, 62 QBR

Hurts QBR was 20, Jones was 59, Murray’s was 7.6.   The best part about QBR is it accounts for QB’s rushing yards but it’s still a BS rating.  

Including Mayfield, it seems Oklahoma QB’s under Riley have a ceiling.  We were lucky to find out about Rattler early, because the NFL is no place for QB’s that need their hands held.      
 As I said over a month ago, Kingsbury should of tried for the Oklahoma job, they are perfect for each other. 

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

Sounds like great sales pitch for the Steelers.  

"It's better than a BMW, I swear...and just check out that SWAG!  Straight to the top for you!"

$_57.jpg

14 minutes ago, RLC said:

Absolutely not.  Huntley gave them exactly what Hurts would have given them.

11 minutes ago, RLC said:

Not a chance

Come on man, seriously?

Hes literally the poor mans Lamar Jackson, the actual Lamar Jackson couldn't even win that division

Just now, ManuManu said:

That makes little sense. 

Early smoke screen for offseason plans? Or maybe just preparing to tank it next season for a 2023 high pick and QB? Otherwise it really makes no sense. 

39 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You only need to compare these two.  Jalen Hurts future is Kyler Murray.

Archived