EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

16 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

That isnt wise

Hurts' development--or lack thereof--actively undercuts the development of other players

Name a single player who got better on offense this year while we all watched Hurts struggle with the basics of QB play.....Ill wait

That isn't true.  We saw young players on the offensive line get better, Goedert improved dramatically over the course of the year, Watkins took a big step in year 2 and DeVonta as a rookie also improved as the season went on. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justrelax
11 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

That isnt wise

Hurts' development--or lack thereof--actively undercuts the development of other players

Name a single player who got better on offense this year while we all watched Hurts struggle with the basics of QB play.....Ill wait

Mailata, Dickerson, Goedert, Watkins. Not as many as I would have liked.

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Early smoke screen for offseason plans? Or maybe just preparing to tank it next season for a 2023 high pick and QB? Otherwise it really makes no sense. 

Def smoke screen, Tomlin will figure out a way to eek out 5-6 wins with even Rudolph at QB.

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bring Mayock in, local guy, to be the draft sounding board for Howie.  Since we know Lurie won't get smart and fire him.  

I'm good with this.   Howie generally knows value, but stinks at actually identifying talent.  I think Mayock can identify talent.    Incidentally, Arnette is a very talented CB.  His biggest issues are with his off the field, not on the field stuff.

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"Hurt's is basically a rookie"

"Hurt's has only started 22 regular season games"

"One playoff game doesn't define a young, QB"

tenor.gif?itemid=9264828&f=1&nofb=1

4 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

image.thumb.png.ae73b415c5c629f6900b4fabc5f5f207.png

There you see it.  Hurts has thrown more interceptions than Minshew in 277 less attempts.  Minshew is clearly the better QB.

40 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The thing with any trade is someone needs to want to trade for Hurts in the first place. How many teams will want to trade for Hurts, realistically?  Esp if there are other more seasoned QBs out there?

Well if some of the huggers owned a team..............everyone. I can see a team that might be interested in him as a backup.

22 minutes ago, RLC said:

Hurts will get us good picks back. Too many teams without starting QB options. The Steelers with Hurts win the division this year.

:roll: stop, the pain in my side is killing me. :roll:

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Like I have told afan, buckle up, a new QB is coming.  Jeffrey Lurie quotes we posted yesterday, and the fact we acquired three 1st round picks confirms it.

I missed those

3 minutes ago, greend said:

:roll: stop, the pain in my side is killing me. :roll:

Would you even say.....it Hurts?

1 hour ago, greend said:

Sorry but "Booger" needs to be more professional than that. Would you be laughing if he said what in the Jalen Hurts is that? 

Yup.  Or, Murray having done that... "What in the Kyler Murray?" 

5 minutes ago, greend said:

I missed those

These quotes tell you all you need to know.  And they have three 1sts to do something about it.

The only model to me that correlates with big success in the NFL is having a Hall of Fame franchise quarterback.

Because in the NFL, it’s the one position you can’t just go get. And so when you have an opportunity, you’ve gotta take your shot, and you’ve gotta be bold. Otherwise, if you say to yourself, 'you know, it is probably a 50-50 shot that maybe the quarterback will be really good,' you can't let that deter you. So that’s how I look at it: You either have a really good QB and you compete for the Super Bowl, or you don’t and you are probably not competing for the Super Bowl. And that’s simple

1 hour ago, Freshmilk said:

I'm finding it amusing that while we all see and acknowledge that Hurts isn't a starter (RTK and Afan excepted) some posters think including him in a trade increases the value of the trade package.   After Sunday, unfortunately,  Hurts devalues trade offers rather than increasing them.  Here is why:  

While I generally agree... the Vikings gave us a 1st for Sam Bradford.  The Broncos drafted Tim Tebow in the first round.  Miami gave us a 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley.  Teams have been known to do stupid stuff.   We just have to hope that none of them figure it out and get blinded by rushing stats and swag.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

These quotes tell you all you need to know.  And they have three 1sts to do something about it.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

While I generally agree... the Vikings gave us a 1st for Sam Bradford.  The Broncos drafted Tim Tebow in the first round.  Miami gave us a 2nd round pick for AJ Feeley.  Teams have been known to do stupid stuff.   We just have to hope that none of them figure it out and get blinded by rushing stats and swag.

Sam Bradford was better than Hurts. A.J. Feeley had some great play in back-up. 

59 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Umm, that's a questionable position.  Mayock drafted the following:

Josh Jacobs

Max Crosby

Henry Ruggs (I am sure if Mayock would have known that Ruggs was going to kill someone...)

Leatherwood

Moehrig

Again, some poor character guys in Ruggs and Arnette, no doubt.  But nowhere near the talent reaches that Lowie has had.  

Again, I am just looking for football minds sharper than Howie to help with the draft board.  But, I am sure there's a chimp at the local zoo that would qualify and cost less than Mayock.  

I would rather Mayock be a 'in the room' guy and not even the board maker... just a guy that slaps Howie if he ever tries another Reagor over Jefferson type move.  He could really just say... "trust the scouts" and leave it at that.

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Like I have told afan, buckle up, a new QB is coming.  Jeffrey Lurie quotes we posted yesterday, and the fact we acquired three 1st round picks confirms it.

Friendly sig bet? I bet they do not land a veteran QB as the starter. 

18 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Mailata, Dickerson, Goedert, Watkins. Not as many as I would have liked.

Did Goedert get better or did we just see what he can do when he's the #1 and not behind someone like Ertz?

21 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Sooner or later the humpers will fall

3 minutes ago, greend said:

Sam Bradford was better than Hurts. A.J. Feeley had some great play in back-up. 

Even Koy Detmer was better than Hurts.  To bad the sensitive little snow flake put me on ignore the second his boy ish the bed on Sunday.  He knew that is what was gonna happen, that is why he would not take my bet.

1 hour ago, greend said:

We could use a big board and let the chimp fling poo at it. Go with the pick that has the most poo

We have a lot of picks this year.  Make sure the chimp has a good deal of fiber before the weekend starts.

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Did Goedert get better or did we just see what he can do when he's the #1 and not behind someone like Ertz?

2nd part

Archived