EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, downundermike said:

Via trade or FA signing ??

Either or. I think the odds are slim. The only viable options are Watson or Carr. 

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

2nd part

He just needs to hit the juggs machine hard this off-season. He has dropsies in the worst spots. 

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Sooner or later the humpers will fall

Whatever quarterback we go with Afan will immediately start telling us why he is better than Hurts. The other guy is just a troll.

Just now, Outlaw said:

Either or. I think the odds are slim. The only viable options are Watson or Carr. 

I saw an article where Flores and Watson want to team up together. I think Denver makes the most sense if that were to happen

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

IMO, if they are really gonna trade Minshew, absolutely no way they go into the season without a veteran QB on the roster.  I think Hurts will be the one gone.

But for the bet, Wilson, Watson, Carr, Jimmy G, Cousins or Winston will be in an Eagles uniform by the end of the draft.

You wanna do signature or avatar ??

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Whatever quarterback we go with Afan will immediately start telling us why he is better than Hurts. The other guy is just a troll.

That is the #2 reason I want the Eagles to acquire a veteran QB.  Just to see the spin.

4 minutes ago, greend said:

He's a troll. EazyEaglez loves bringing up Wentz when people ish on his fb Hurts. RTK is a fan of Koy so it's fitting he's a fan of Hurts. Both guys suck/ed at playing qb

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

One already fell.  @RememberTheKoy put me on ignore the second his hero ish the bed on Sunday.

There should've been no surprise of Hurts horrible play on Sunday. He's been pooping the bed all year

3 hours ago, Freshmilk said:

"Throw ins" aren't enough to move up.  If they acquire a veteran QB I think it's OK to keep Hurts as the backup.  If they draft a QB in the 3rd/4th round Hurts stays.  If they move up in the draft to get a QB Hurts has to go but he does not move the needle in a trade up scenario

I'd agree that he makes a minimal impact, but some teams make dumb ass moves for QBs and one of the ones above us may think they can use him for something.  If we are drafting a QB, there is no way to keep him around anyway.  Whatever happens, we need to move on.

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He just needs to hit the juggs machine hard this off-season. He has dropsies in the worst spots. 

Agreed. Some of those drops he already had his eyes up field. Focus

16 minutes ago, Godfather said:

2nd part

Goedert was clearly better than ertz the previous season, though ertz had thrown in the towel I always thought goedert was better.

He blocks he breaks tackles he high points balls and he is more of a down field threat than ertz.

Ertz has marginally  better hands that's about it.

Was glad when ertz was gone, about a year Late but better later than never I guess.

I'll always appreciate what ertz did here pre Superbowl and Superbowl but much like Andy Reid he wore out his welcome and needed to go 

5 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I saw an article where Flores and Watson want to team up together. I think Denver makes the most sense if that were to happen

Or they just meet up in Houston, though I think Watson wants out regardless of the coach there.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

IMO, if they are really gonna trade Minshew, absolutely no way they go into the season without a veteran QB on the roster.  I think Hurts will be the one gone.

But for the bet, Wilson, Watson, Carr, Jimmy G, Cousins or Winston will be in an Eagles uniform by the end of the draft.

You wanna do signature or avatar ??

That is the #2 reason I want the Eagles to acquire a veteran QB.  Just to see the spin.

Key is TO START. So another Flacco to ride the pine does not count. Honestly, I think they roll with Hurts/Minshew again. And sig.

Wilson- Do not want. Too old and too much $.

Watson- Don't think he wants to come here but would be the biggest upgrade. His scumbagginess sucks though.

Carr- I'd be happy with this. I like Carr...though I liked his brother before he got the ish knocked out of him too.

Jimmy- Mediocre, we already have that. Do not want.

Cousins- See above.

Winston- Intriguing. But I'd bet the Saints resign.

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Except, you know, it looked almost exactly like something he did a few weeks ago…

Fair enough, I never saw that when it happened.  He's got to put a sticker that says "Take The Sack" on his windshield driving to the facility on game days.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Key is TO START. So another Flacco to ride the pine does not count. Honestly, I think they roll with Hurts/Minshew again. And sig.

Done.  1 month with the sig of the winners choice ??

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm good with this.   Howie generally knows value, but stinks at actually identifying talent.  I think Mayock can identify talent.    Incidentally, Arnette is a very talented CB.  His biggest issues are with his off the field, not on the field stuff.

The worst pick he made was Clelin Ferrell but an argument can be made that the 2019 class was very good overall.  They got Crosby, Jacobs and Renfrow.  Abrams has also improved greatly and looks like he's finally worth the pick.  I do think Ruggs and Arnette are failures despite them having talent.  Maybe there was nothing they could have done but maybe there's more that other organizations do that they should have done. 

8 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Yeah tend to agree Denver makes the most sense. The other part of that rumor with Flores and watson was that they wanted the giants but giants owner Mara wants no part of watson based off what beat reporters are saying. 

Just now, Utebird said:

Goedert was clearly better than ertz the previous season, though ertz had thrown in the towel I always thought goedert was better.

He blocks he breaks tackles he high points balls and he is more of a down field threat than ertz.

Ertz has marginally  better hands that's about it.

Was glad when ertz was gone, about a year Kate but better later than never I guess.

I'll always appreciate what ertz did here pre Superbowl and Superbowl but much like Andy Reid he wore out his welcome and needed to go 

I love Ertz but yes Goedert is a better blocker then he is and his route running is a little bit better then Ertz

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

One already fell.  @RememberTheKoy put me on ignore the second his hero ish the bed on Sunday.

Has he even been on the board since???awfully quiet around here from the hurts apologists.

12 minutes ago, greend said:

Sam Bradford was better than Hurts. A.J. Feeley had some great play in back-up. 

I agree... but none were 'franchise' QBs when they were drafted.    And Feeley really didn't play "great".  He played on a great team that won while he played.   The first game he started they won because of a defensive TD by Bobby Taylor IIRC (against the Rams).  The rest of the way he was average at best.  ~55% comp pct. almost identical TDs to INTs. 

But, if the Eagles could get a 2nd round value as part of a trade... that would be outstanding, and I would love to see it happen.   I don't expect it, but I don't put it out of the realm of possibility. 

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Or they just meet up in Houston, though I think Watson wants out regardless of the coach there.

Wilson- Do not want. Too old and too much $.

Watson- Don't think he wants to come here but would be the biggest upgrade. His scumbagginess sucks though.

Carr- I'd be happy with this. I like Carr...though I liked his brother before he got the ish knocked out of him too.

Jimmy- Mediocre, we already have that. Do not want.

Cousins- See above.

Winston- Intriguing. But I'd bet the Saints resign.

He's done in Houston. 

15 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did Goedert get better or did we just see what he can do when he's the #1 and not behind someone like Ertz?

Not sure.  He also became a guy to drop one pass a game lately.  That needs to stop.  

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Sorry if already posted.  I would keep Howard though.

Lol that's sad that we had 2 of these

Only six WRs in NFL history have been drafted in the first round, started at least 20 games in their first two years and and had fewer than 700 career receiving yards. Only three since 1977: Darrius Heyward-Bey of the Raiders in 2009 and 2010, Nelson Agholor in 2015 and 2016 and Jalen Reagor in 2020 and 2021. Reagor this year became only the sixth WR drafted in the first round since 1977 to start at least 12 games and have fewer than 300 yards and only the third ever who wasn’t a rookie – along with Tex Coulter of the Giants in 1947 and Larry Burton of the Saints in 1976. I don’t care about the $7.84 million cap hit. He has to go. Has to. Come on, Howie!

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Has he even been on the board since???awfully quiet around here from the hurts apologists.

He has, posted a couple times in the new blog.  Clearly ran to the ignore button after the game on Sunday.  Just hates being owned by me, and ignore is his only refuge.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah tend to agree Denver makes the most sense. The other part of that rumor with Flores and watson was that they wanted the giants but giants owner Mara wants no part of watson based off what beat reporters are saying. 

That's good. Mara can continue sinking the Giants lower and lower

Archived