EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

There a decent chance neither are there when we pick. You have to hope one of these guys Pitre, Brisker, Chanel, Paschal or Bonitto will fall to us. 

They'll be a bunch of LBs staring at Howie in the next two rounds, not sure he takes one but I think he'll have the opportunity.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

This idiot wants to trade up for another WR

and hes not even that good. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This idiot wants to trade up for another WR

A 5'9" slot guy with average speed from a weak conference. No thanks. I'd rather trade down a little than up in R2.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So, based on all those blown picks, he is not an elite GM.

Glass half full =/= glass half empty

Yeah - he used a lot of picks to get 2 players. But when looking at Howies normal hit rate, it's on par with his usual results. We used 6 picks to get a DT and WR, and it takes Howie 3 WR picks in the draft to get one. At least we know Brown is a good WR?

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

They'll be a bunch of LBs staring at Howie in the next two rounds, not sure he takes one but I think he'll have the opportunity.

I think Troy Anderson is a strong possibility. 

Sounds like Dean is a target according to reports. I almost think theyd take Anderson over him.

Bonitto seems like a real possibility too, depending if you call him an LB or not.

I would guess those are the 3 theyd target. Its all about playing the passing game. Either coverage, or getting after the QB. A big thumper like Muma, or Chenal I wouldnt expect to be of much interest to Philly.

Who's the kid that's like 5'8" and plays DB but had about a million PR and KR TDs? I think he even played a little WR?

22 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Jalen Hurts looks different

He may not be quite as fast as Hurts, but I bet he is harder to bring down.  Throwing the football may actually improve with him as QB1   :roll:

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He went on record of saying he would support us drafting two WR in the 1st round.  So there's that.  

That's somehow a better take than trading a 1 & 3 for a WR, and then trading a 2 & 3 to draft another one. 

4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

It's great we will have a good WR core when we get a QB, but having one without the other never works, I would have rathered we focused on the defensive side of the ball this offseason as there are soo many holes.

But- recognizing the value of Brown, and the fact that Howie is pretty inept when drafting WR's, I can sort of understand taking him now. I just wonder how happy he will be at end of season, when his production is off from his previous years? We already saw Smith not being happy that Hurts wasn't throwing to him when he was wide open! Now we will have two underutilized WR's

Assuming and hoping theyll be very vocal which i feel is necessary.

1 minute ago, bbabraham said:

Who's the kid that's like 5'8" and plays DB but had about a million PR and KR TDs? I think he even played a little WR?

Marcus Jones

6 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How is Brisker pandering to the fan base?  Penn State?  You'd be surprised how little connection Philly and PSU has.  It's a weird dynamic really.  

Does sound weird, I know there are plenty in TATE that are always hyping up Penn St guys.

Maybe the fan base as a whole doesnt care as much.🤷‍♂️

Having said that I like the two Penn St. LBs for eagles more than I like brisker.

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

Does sound weird, I know there are plenty in TATE that are always hyping up Penn St guys.

Maybe the fan base as a while doesnt care as much.

Having said that I like the two Penn St. lBs fur eagles more than I like brisker.

The only people I ever see hyping up Penn St guys are guys who went to Penn St 

We should not be trading up in RD2. We used our bullets on Davis/Brown and that's fine. Stay put or trade back.

6 minutes ago, Utebird said:

You gotta wait till the 4-6 rounds.

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Good news: Ray Didinger didn't like the trade.

Perfect. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Troy Anderson is a strong possibility. 

Sounds like Dean is a target according to reports. I almost think theyd take Anderson over him.

Bonitto seems like a real possibility too, depending if you call him an LB or not.

I would guess those are the 3 theyd target. Its all about playing the passing game. Either coverage, or getting after the QB. A big thumper like Muma, or Chenal I wouldnt expect to be of much interest to Philly.

I'll personally be disappointed if they go LB in R2 after signing White and Reddick.

4 minutes ago, bbabraham said:

Marcus Jones from Houston.

6 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

At least we know Brown is a good WR?

He was a good WR with a QB that threw for 3800 yards and 33 TD's.

It will be interesting to see how good he is with a QB who throws for 3100 yards and 16 TD's

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's such a big city with numerous other colleges (no real football schools) that it's a melting pot.  Like most big cities in the NE, not really a college football town.  Like where I'm from in S Jersey.  Never really had a college team that I rooted for when I was a kid.  

I rooted for Wisconsin and still do. My dad went there and so did I. But I agree, the majority of people in this area aren't PSU folks if they even root for a specific NCAA team at all.

22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

no. I always admit to blown draft picks. Dont you remember my reaction to Barnett, Sydney Jones, Pumphrey, etc? Even JJAW didnt draw a great reaction from me. I spend too much tie and know too much about the prospects to let him get away with bad picks. 

Oh spare us you were all about jjaw predraft

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How is Brisker pandering to the fan base?  Penn State?  You'd be surprised how little connection Philly and PSU has.  It's a weird dynamic really.  

There is an extremely large portion of the philadelphia eagles fanbase that resides outside of the philly area. For much of the state, PSU is the college football team to root for, as the eagles are the NFL team to root for. Brisker is from Pittsburgh, and and PSU being very central in the state means there are plenty of PSU fans in the western part of the state as well. Brisker attended Lackawanna College before transferring to Penn State, which is in northeast PA where you are also in Eagles/PSU territory. Brisker has a following from west to east all the way across the state. As to the eagles. As does Penn State.

Do as TorontoEagle tells you and do some research. 

Just now, RLC said:

We should not be trading up in RD2. We used our bullets on Davis/Brown and that's fine. Stay put or trade back.

We can use Dillard to use in a trade up scenario. He has no value to us after this year since he'll just leave in FA. Can't imagine picking up his 5th year option and paying 12M for a backup.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Marcus Jones

Thank you.

Archived