EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

not thinks. knows.

If he was elite he would have sustained a title team, instead he made bad trades and gave out bad contracts and was forced to start over 4 years later.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who thinks and in typical day 2 puzzling fashion we end up with the tiny CB from Houston while some good CBs with nice length are available, and then take a TE or RB in round 3?

Just now, downundermike said:

If he was elite he would have sustained a title team, instead he made bad trades and gave out bad contracts and was forced to start over 4 years later.

oh. ok.

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

ok. but thats what a message board is for. 

Not just clicking a name in a mock simulator and pretending you knew. 

You like the draft that much? You post on a message board? Share knowledge. Why the hell not?

Why don’t you ever bring your wealth of knowledge and join the EMB mock draft ??

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

So who thinks and in typical day 2 puzzling fashion we end up with the tiny CB from Houston while some good CBs with nice length are available, and then take a TE or RB in round 3?

My gut tells me they take a RG at 51 and then a MAC RB in the 3rd.

Just now, wtfcares said:

It really would have been ideal if they could have included Reagor with 18 instead of the 3rd we gave up. 

Ideal, idea is all that amounts to. Reagor is a 4th rd at best based of what weve seen and his attitude.

I wouldn't put the TE in Round 3 out of the equation.  I would hope that they value length at CB and are looking at OUTSIDE CBs, not another slot CB.  

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/OT

Dillard would start at LT immediately for the

• Steelers
  • Colts
  • Bears
  • Rams (although they won't do it)

The list expands to teams like Seattle, Arizona, Titans if you want to flip Dilllard to RT or move someone.

There aren't many OTs who can start who are left in RD2. Dillard might still get us a 3rd.

Why don’t you ever bring your wealth of knowledge and join the EMB mock draft ??

I forget that section even exists. And since a bunch of those guys dont post and share their knowledge, they look like your typical tater throwing random names in to a mock which doesnt interest me. I bring my wealth on knowledge to the blog where tons of people read. Theres no place better to post about that stuff. Nobody reads the mock section.

36 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

according to my search there were 0 mentions of him in the entire IWTETG forum. His hame came up in this thread 4 times before april in mock drafts that were copy and pasted. One of them was greend who admittedly doesnt know players when he starts doing those things.

No one ever actually made a post about that player, like saying anything about him what they liked, why he fit, etc.

No one knew who the heck this guy was. He was a name rarely even picked in the later rounds of mock games. 

Give me my props beyotch!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

If Ojabo is on the board at 51, you HAVE to take him

No, I don't. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  He’s now getting credit sweeping up the ashes of the building he set on fire.  

Ok you two but there was no way to know wentz would implode or that those bad contract guys would stop playing out their mind. Not completely his fault lol 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I wouldn't put the TE in Round 3 out of the equation.  I would hope that they value length at CB and are looking at OUTSIDE CBs, not another slot CB.  

but you know they brought Marcus Jones in for a visit. Thats scary. I realize theres a chance a little guy like him and McCreary may be the next Dre Bly, or Jason Verrett (if he could ever stay healthy) but thats quite a long shot projection. You know they like those slot CB types. And you know they can use a returner, which would actually be the one really exciting thing about that pick because he is so good at it. 

TE would be great, but if they do those things before at least 2 of CB, S, and DE are addressed itll be extremely frustrating. And, Im ready for it. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

but you know they brought Marcus Jones in for a visit. Thats scary. I realize theres a chance a little guy like him and McCreary may be the next Dre Bly, or Jason Verrett (if he could ever stay healthy) but thats quite a long shot projection. You know they like those slot CB types. And you know they can use a returner, which would actually be the one really exciting thing about that pick because he is so good at it. 

TE would be great, but if they do those things before at least 2 of CB, S, and DE are addressed itll be extremely frustrating. And, Im ready for it. 

I'd rather take Armour-Davis in the 3rd

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I forget that section even exists. And since a bunch of those guys dont post and share their knowledge, they look like your typical tater throwing random names in to a mock which doesnt interest me. I bring my wealth on knowledge to the blog where tons of people read. Theres no place better to post about that stuff. Nobody reads the mock section.

Jennifer Lawrence GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

If Ojabo is on the board at 51, you HAVE to take him

very early on there was a rumor that they were looking to trade up for Ojabo. We all know the reason for his slide, but at 51 Id imagine they have a hard time passing considering how highly they had him valued. 

And a DE can come back from an achilles better than a CB can. I dont even think Ojabo red-shirts. I think he plays this season. 

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Doesn't this go against your assertion that Howie is an elite GM ??

Just now, vikas83 said:

I'd rather take Armour-Davis in the 3rd

Id rather take any taller longer CB who projects better on the outside. But you know how we do the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You heard about him from Greend, didn’t you?

LOL, no. Just like his size and speed. Needs some work after only starting for 1 year at Bama, but I'd take the shot. 

Brisker and Pitre both available and you have to choose one... Who you taking?

All jokes aside KC did something similar by trading and/or upping contracts. Our players just weren't as hungry and talented after. 

very early on there was a rumor that they were looking to trade up for Ojabo. We all know the reason for his slide, but at 51 Id imagine they have a hard time passing considering how highly they had him valued. 

And a DE can come back from an achilles better than a CB can. I dont even think Ojabo red-shirts. I think he plays this season. 

Sweat, Davis, Williams, Ojabo, Reddick starting in 2023. We'd be set on the line for years.

Doesn't this go against your assertion that Howie is an elite GM ??

no. I always admit to blown draft picks. Dont you remember my reaction to Barnett, Sydney Jones, Pumphrey, etc? Even JJAW didnt draw a great reaction from me. I spend too much tie and know too much about the prospects to let him get away with bad picks. 

Archived