EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

I know I'm repetitive with value and investment vs production.  

Is it wise to trade 4 picks for a guy who might play 40% of the snaps instead of Kyle Hamilton who is never coming off the field?  There's no question about Davis and his freak athletic ability and size combination but Hamilton is no slouch either.   I would much rather have used the pick to get a guy who is making an impact on every single defensive snap.  Davis said the following...

Being a run defender is what my bread and butter is...Being selfless, not selfish. It takes a lot of selflessnesses to take two defenders

While that's a great attitude to have, trading up for a run stuffer and a guy to eat up blocks...yuck.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Brisker and Pitre both available and you have to choose one... Who you taking?

Brisker is the easier direct projection in to the role he will play here. Pitre was used differently. Brisker has always been the 2nd best safety target for this team after Hamilton.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

no. I always admit to blown draft picks. Dont you remember my reaction to Barnett, Sydney Jones, Pumphrey, etc? Even JJAW didnt draw a great reaction from me. I spend too much tie and know too much about the prospects to let him get away with bad picks. 

The Barnett pick had me fuming when Jonathan Allen was sitting right there. 

I do feel like maybe we are seeing a change in Howie's philosophy. Less emphasis on college production and effort, and more emphasis on potential. Milton Williams last year, Jordan Davis this year. 

49 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

3 months ago, the Cowboys had one of the best WR groups in the NFL, if not the best. The Eagles were probably bottom 5.

After players coming and going with both teams, the Eagles wake up today with the best WR group in the division.

But- who will throw them the ball? 

tenor.gif?itemid=10737260&f=1&nofb=1

Just now, Ipiggles said:

But- who will throw them the ball? 

tenor.gif?itemid=10737260&f=1&nofb=1

Our 2023 1st round pick. 

We're not winning the Super Bowl in 2022.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

H.E. home alone.  

3C263DB4-4BB0-401E-9857-2A392139E9C0.gif

here you go again accusing others of exactly what you constantly do all the time.  You must really hate yourself. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Brisker is the easier direct projection in to the role he will play here. Pitre was used differently. Brisker has always been the 2nd best safety target for this team after Hamilton.

You think he falls to 51?

There a decent chance neither are there when we pick. You have to hope one of these guys Pitre, Brisker, Chanel, Paschal or Bonitto will fall to us. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

no. I always admit to blown draft picks. Dont you remember my reaction to Barnett, Sydney Jones, Pumphrey, etc? Even JJAW didnt draw a great reaction from me. I spend too much tie and know too much about the prospects to let him get away with bad picks. 

So, based on all those blown picks, he is not an elite GM.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Not sure if sarcasm or not.  I’m lukewarm 

Ehh wasn't complete sarcasm but it's kinda the truth in hindsight. If you were a GM and won a ring, going into year 3 of a franchise qb who played great up until he didn't maybe i try keeping most of the team together and make another run but thats me.

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Our 2023 1st round pick. 

No kidding??  :roll:.

Expect Browns production will be lower this year than his previous three. 

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Our 2023 1st round pick. 

Wouldn't that make the AJ Brown a negative ??  He cam here and wants to play with Hurts, how will he react if his boy is replaced ??

Just now, garingovt2000 said:

You think he falls to 51?

I would guess probably not. It would seem its only him and Pitre competing to be the next S off the board. Im not sure with just the 2 of them that they get that far. Hope Pirte goes 1st and theres no run on safeties. 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

but you know they brought Marcus Jones in for a visit. Thats scary. I realize theres a chance a little guy like him and McCreary may be the next Dre Bly, or Jason Verrett (if he could ever stay healthy) but thats quite a long shot projection. You know they like those slot CB types. And you know they can use a returner, which would actually be the one really exciting thing about that pick because he is so good at it. 

TE would be great, but if they do those things before at least 2 of CB, S, and DE are addressed itll be extremely frustrating. And, Im ready for it. 

I just want the best players...  bandaid free agents are better than band aid draft picks.

42 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

ROTFL looks like you made Outlaw a pass catcher

Stop DM'ing me. I'm NOT interested.

38 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Didn't realize they tracked this. I wonder if they saw some of ours and were like "why are Eagles fans picking all white dudes?"

:lol: I did so many racial drafts, probably have the ACLU investigating me.

26 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Found it.

I'm a bigger fan of Zech than most. No matter if they draft someone or not, he and Gowan will compete for CB2 (maybe with the draft pick as well). Vincent should move to S and Scott is the slot backup.

10 minutes ago, RLC said:

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/OT

Dillard would start at LT immediately for the

• Steelers
  • Colts
  • Bears
  • Rams (although they won't do it)

The list expands to teams like Seattle, Arizona, Titans if you want to flip Dilllard to RT or move someone.

There aren't many OTs who can start who are left in RD2. Dillard might still get us a 3rd.

If they can get another 3rd for Dillard that's a win. Trade down in R2 can net a pick or two as well. 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I forget that section even exists. And since a bunch of those guys dont post and share their knowledge, they look like your typical tater throwing random names in to a mock which doesnt interest me. I bring my wealth on knowledge to the blog where tons of people read. Theres no place better to post about that stuff. Nobody reads the mock section.

Dude for a guy from the world's largest trailer park...Hazleton, you sure are full of yourself. What's the average household income up there? $35k? Go become a GM and raise that average up.

9 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Jalen Hurts looks different

He ate Jalen!?

4 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Brisker slightly.

19 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yeah, those models make zero sense to me, and I don’t see any real usefulness in them. 

Yeah it was obvious that the ravens wanted Davis. It’s not accounted into it. I know one of the ravens beat writers was on Sirius a couple days ago saying Davis was a lock if he got to 14. They wanted their next ngata. If the eagles sat at 15 and let the board fall to them there was close to 0% chance Davis is there cause that’s who the ravens wanted. Curious to know if they didn’t move up who would they have gone after since Texans would’ve made a pick and Davis off the board. I have to think like Johnson 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

So, based on all those blown picks, he is not an elite GM.

there are objectively  many other factors (and people) at play. Many of the picks clearly dont fall squarely on his shoulders. Joe Douglas had a lot to do with Fing up some drafts here, as well as Chip Kelly, and his other right hand man he brought in. But the harshest Howie critics will always say he calls the final shots. Which isnt seeing the forest through the trees, but Ive failed to ever be able to explain the broken logic in that line of thinking, so whatever. 

9 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

If I'm Howie I pander to the fanbase and take Brisker.

Personally I'd flip a coin they're pretty similar players with similar skill sets.

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Dude for a guy from the world's largest trailer park...Hazleton, you sure are full of yourself. What's the average household income up there? $35k? Go become a GM and raise that average up.

love how defensive you and mike are of your little mock draft section :lol:

thats lowest common denominator daft talk type stuff. If you know as much as you think you do come where people read posts and share the knowledge you have. 

I know you posted a bunch in here. But, just saying- thats the last place anyone is looking for knowledge on the board.

love how defensive you and mike are of your little mock draft section :lol:

I just don't love how much you metaphorically jerk yourself off and force us all to watch (read).

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wouldn't that make the AJ Brown a negative ??  He cam here and wants to play with Hurts, how will he react if his boy is replaced ??

It's great we will have a good WR core when we get a QB, but having one without the other never works, I would have rathered we focused on the defensive side of the ball this offseason as there are soo many holes.

But- recognizing the value of Brown, and the fact that Howie is pretty inept when drafting WR's, I can sort of understand taking him now. I just wonder how happy he will be at end of season, when his production is off from his previous years? We already saw Smith not being happy that Hurts wasn't throwing to him when he was wide open! Now we will have two underutilized WR's

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I just don't love how much you metaphorically jerk yourself off and force us all to watch (read).

To be fair, thats half the posters...

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Disagree 100%.  They fumbled the whole post SB period.    Not gonna beat that dead horse.  

Yea.. All i can say is we lost the perfect coaches combination this city had in a very long time. Then all else went downhill. Im not arguing for howies blunders and contracts. Only that he had the right idea but executed it poorly.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Youre not forced. 

18 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Jalen Hurts looks different

I found this much funnier than I should have.

Archived