EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

25 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Brisker and Pitre both available and you have to choose one... Who you taking?

Tough choice.   Brisker, probably.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

love how defensive you and mike are of your little mock draft section :lol:

thats lowest common denominator daft talk type stuff. If you know as much as you think you do come where people read posts and share the knowledge you have. 

I know you posted a bunch in here. But, just saying- thats the last place anyone is looking for knowledge on the board.

What?  Rob331, Ray, Outlaw, Infam, Couch Potato, jsdarkstar,...there are those who use the draft simulators incessantly,  like you do here, but the main difference,  in my opinion,  is that the group in the draft blog don't think they are God's gift to player evaluation.   

My advice, stop plastering this blog with your useless draft simulations over and over and over.  Like you said, lowest common denominator stuff.

Just now, RLC said:

We should not be trading up in RD2. We used our bullets on Davis/Brown and that's fine. Stay put or trade back.

We are locked in with Jurgens right... look where Strange went, the center position stock is on the rise.

Seriously, I expect that we tradeback out of the 2nd with a bunch of good players on the board to recoup our 4th (lots of teeth gritting there).

I will then look forward to us drafting a 4i-type DE and folks hating it. 

23 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

The Barnett pick had me fuming when Jonathan Allen was sitting right there. 

I do feel like maybe we are seeing a change in Howie's philosophy. Less emphasis on college production and effort, and more emphasis on potential. Milton Williams last year, Jordan Davis this year. 

Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson.

It's not one or the other.   It's about how they project to the next level.

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think Troy Anderson is a strong possibility. 

Sounds like Dean is a target according to reports. I almost think theyd take Anderson over him.

Bonitto seems like a real possibility too, depending if you call him an LB or not.

I would guess those are the 3 theyd target. Its all about playing the passing game. Either coverage, or getting after the QB. A big thumper like Muma, or Chenal I wouldnt expect to be of much interest to Philly.

Chanel reminds me of trotter, he's not quite as big but he's the kind of guy you line up over the A gap and have him blow it up, he's not too shabby in coverage either, not man but zone dropping, plus he's a good blitzer 

Muma is great against the run and good instincts again but not great against pass but not horrible 

I really like Anderson,plus athlete, really versatile, plays like his hair is in fire.

I like Smith from pSU, probably best athlete at his position in the draft but he's so raw so not sure 

I'm not a fan of Dean at all, his lack of size is going to limit him in the pros.

Like his teammate tindall a lot more.

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Perfect. 

I'll personally be disappointed if they go LB in R2 after signing White and Reddick.

Marcus Jones from Houston.

I wouldnt have expected them to. Thats plenty of investment in the LB position from a team that really doesnt like to do it until its been a glaring need for years. We have seen them make trades for name guys, and draft as early as round 2. But usually not unless we have been sufficiently embarrassed by our LB position for a few years in a row.

After signing 2 free agents there it really seems extremely unlikely.

However, the guys with sources keep saying Dean, and Bonitto. Didnt we also have a visit with Troy Anderson or at least show some major interest in some way?

Maybe theyre finally extremely committed to fixing it since its actually such an important part of Gannon's D. And again, look at what Georgia did with their 3 LBs behind their run stopping DL (the best of which we now have!). The Gannon D seems very similar to what the Georgia D has morphed in to. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

There is an extremely large portion of the philadelphia eagles fanbase that resides outside of the philly area. For much of the state, PSU is the college football team to root for, as the eagles are the NFL team to root for. Brisker is from Pittsburgh, and and PSU being very central in the state means there are plenty of PSU fans in the western part of the state as well. Brisker attended Lackawanna College before transferring to Penn State, which is in northeast PA where you are also in Eagles/PSU territory. Brisker has a following from west to east all the way across the state. As to the eagles. As does Penn State.

Do as TorontoEagle tells you and do some research. 

Brisker projects much better as a box S then he does in a 2 high system.

2 minutes ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Before injury - Ojabo or Dean ?

Ojabo without hesitation.

2 minutes ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Ojabo, not even close. 

4 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

What?  Rob331, Ray, Outlaw, Infam, Couch Potato, jsdarkstar,...there are those who use the draft simulators incessantly,  like you do here, but the main difference,  in my opinion,  is that the group in the draft blog don't think they are God's gift to player evaluation.   

My advice, stop plastering this blog with your useless draft simulations over and over and over.  Like you said, lowest common denominator stuff.

And most of those guys, me included, do a yearly mock draft.  We all evaluate players, put together draft boards, make trades and draft for a team.  

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It's such a big city with numerous other colleges (no real football schools) that it's a melting pot.  Like most big cities in the NE, not really a college football town.  Like where I'm from in S Jersey.  Never really had a college team that I rooted for when I was a kid.  

Rutgers?

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

I wouldnt have expected them to. Thats plenty of investment in the LB position from a team that really doesnt like to do it until its been a glaring need for years. We have seen them make trades for name guys, and draft as early as round 2. But usually not unless we have been sufficiently embarrassed by our LB position for a few years in a row.

After signing 2 free agents there it really seems extremely unlikely.

However, the guys with sources keep saying Dean, and Bonitto. Didnt we also have a visit with Troy Anderson or at least show some major interest in some way?

Maybe theyre finally extremely committed to fixing it since its actually such an important part of Gannon's D. And again, look at what Georgia did with their 3 LBs behind their run stopping DL (the best of which we now have!). The Gannon D seems very similar to what the Georgia D has morphed in to. 

I believe Andersen visited yes. I think EDGE and S are bigger needs than LB, but I won't be disappointed if they take a Chenal, Muma, Andersen, Smith. I am not a Dean fan.

3 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

I dont do as many simulations as most in here. And I add far, far more beyond that. Pretty much everyone knows that. You can have your opinion on how useful that information is coming from me (track record says you should listen but you can make your own choices) but you are acting like a complete newb here if you want to pretend I dont bring a TON of actual draft content. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Thanks for the geography lesson sport.  I lived in the central part of the state (Ped State Hell) for over a decade.  I worked and traveled all over the state the whole time I was there.  PSU fans is a cult where most of it's fans reside in the arm-pit parts of the state like Clarion, Altoona, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Tyrone, Bellefonte, Clearfield and other run down areas.  Not in the city.   Western Pa is mostly split between PSU, Pitt and WVU (SW part).

So yeah...living it.  I don't need to do research.  Nice try.  And just so you know, unfortunately the Eagles aren't the most popular NFL team in the state. 

Maybe you should do some research.    Or stay in your lane.  

Oh and it wasn't Toronto Eagle you dunce.  

Yes, I only suggest people enjoy marijuana more often. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Brisker projects much better as a box S then he does in a 2 high system.

Ojabo without hesitation.

2 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Ojabo, not even close. 

Thanks guys. With that being said, do we possibly have a Sidney Jones situation on our hands and would you like that move?

7 minutes ago, St0nedsk8er said:

Ojabo and it's not even close

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I believe Andersen visited yes. I think EDGE and S are bigger needs than LB, but I won't be disappointed if they take a Chenal, Muma, Andersen, Smith. I am not a Dean fan.

Dean needs to play a very specific role. But again if we are basically running the Georgia defense, he has that role here and will be successful in it. 

I dont think Chenal and Muma are guys who necessarily fit what we are trying to do. 

Smith has a ridiculous % of missed tackles and would be Singleton all over again. 

It seems Dean, and Anderson are the 2 most likely when trying to be eagles specific (and hopefully ruling out the guy who literally cant tackle).

15 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Always like your comments on the secondary. You give me hope.

Don’t get me wrong, I want the Eagles to draft a S, but I am fine with Brisker or Cross.   I am not sure what Gannon wants there.  My guess is interchangeable that allow more Cover 1. Sure looks to me like he is building a hybrid D, kind of like Belichek’s (which is always changing).  Wrinkles and disguises.  

I am not convinced the Gannon wants to play zone quite like he did last year.  But McLeod had lost at least a step, Harris is a bit slow and Epps is a downhill player primarily.  Nelson was worse than most people think and the cushions he gave plus the deepness of Harris stopped no one.  (Harris outplayed McLeod and Epps but don’t release the balloons and confetti).  

I am not convinced that Gannon had what he wanted at LB.  The interesting thing is that the focus there seems to be speed. (Edwards plays faster than his forty time.  His instincts are strong.). Johnson ran a 4.66 at 240.  Stevens ran a 4.62.  Reddick is a 4.52 guy.  Heck, White is the slowest brought in since Gannon came aboard and he ran a 4.69.  Pretty good 3 cones from these guys too. WILs that can cover and are agile.  Agile and fast SAMs that can rush the passer but are fleet enough to cover most RBs and TEs if needed.  But he wants his LBs clean.  

But S, I haven’t figured out.  Allowed his DBs to pick their cushion last year.  None of the DBs picked up since he joined suggest he wants to play press.  The technique he used last year suggests he likes DBs that can close.  Fits McPhearson and Gowan.  Vincent too.  What I have noticed with the Ss he brought in is nothing is clear.  Harris is close to a 4.6 guy.  Vincent is a blazer.  So is Mayden.  Chachere has good speed. But they didn’t break the bank for Harris  and Mayden and Chachere are free agents.  Speed at S impacted the zone calls last year.  (So did the anemic pass rush.). 

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Rutgers?

Rutgers is a North Jersey thing. Totally different world up there. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's N jersey, Sopranos area.  South Jersey and North Jersey are two different worlds.  S. Jersey is more of a vacation area in the summer and run down nothing in the winter.  At least the part I'm from.  College football isn't really a thing there.  Pro sports, definitely.  I suspect Rutgers is one of those schools where if your a fan, it's because you went there or have a kid that goes there.  

Beat me to it

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Thanks for the geography lesson sport.  I lived in the central-western part of the state (Ped State Hell) for over a decade.  I worked and traveled all over the state the whole time I was there.  PSU fans is a cult where most of it's fans reside in the arm-pit parts of the state like Clarion, Altoona, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Tyrone, Bellefonte, Clearfield and other run down areas.  Not in the city.   Western Pa is mostly split between PSU, Pitt and WVU (SW part).

So yeah...living it.  I don't need to do research.  Nice try.  And just so you know, unfortunately the Eagles aren't the most popular NFL team in the state. 

Maybe you should do some research.    Or stay in your lane.  

Oh and it wasn't Toronto Eagle you dunce.  

absolutely nothing you said would explain why Brisker isnt pandering to the fanbase. A HUGE portion of the fanbase is both eagles fans and PSU fans. Between Pittsburgh hometown, PSU, and Lackawanna he literally has connections across the entire state. Its really simple.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Ojabo and it's not even close

How far do you see him dropping ? Is he a reach with our 2nd?

Thoughts here on Booth and Gordon?

A lot of mixed opinions on them. Some really like them, some don’t.

CB is probably the biggest position of need, but they may not be the best players available or rather, the players with the highest upside. Booth and Gordon seem like "safe” players to me. They’ll probably not suck. But also probably won’t be dynamic playmakers either. Do you take a guy with #2 corner ceiling in the 2nd round?

But Ojabo and potentially Mafe could be. And some others available.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You should have hit him with the Will Smith (keep yo name out my mouth)

will smith never said that. do more research.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You should have hit him with the Will Smith (keep yo name out my mouth)

I'm all about peace and love, peace and love! 

Archived