EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, austinfan said:

They protected him all season on the PS, they're high on him and started him in the last game.

Yup.

He looked ok In pre season as well 

I think a year with an nfl training staff and a year with Stout will do wonders for him.

He's got pretty good feet just needed to get stronger get in pro shape and refine his technique.

I think he makes the roster and pushes for PT.

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, downundermike said:

Stephen A is 100% accurate in his concerns about Hurts.

Molly also threw a shot at Hurts. Orlovsky who always loves eagles QBs didnt exactly stick up for him. He just said this game is about 22 players not just the QB- as if admitting Hurts sucks but the rest of the team is good. 

They all seem to be down on him this year. Far different than last year. 

Do we have archived posts from the AJ brown draft? I know a few of us were extremely high on him. That draft was a gut punch. lol

17 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I will say that the team doesn't have a proven number 2 on the roster.  Adding early picks with a number of good prospects at an important position, isn't a bad idea.  

image.jpeg.88d62b86b59eb493739be170eaf73990.jpeg

image.jpeg.674a6daddc1fa7604a29e6da3392cdf1.jpegimage.jpeg.cb0cb502009c1984f1c6872c1ab8ed3a.jpeg

Can you put McPhearson in this model?

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I already saw someone mentioned him on march 31st so really no one knew about him till very late in the game. Like a month before the draft. 

Maybe youre confusing him with the other hyphen Cam Taylor-Britt? Hes been known for a much longer time. 

I dont really have any need to learn from the mock draft section. I crush it in in the draft every year for the past 18 years Ive been here. 

I mocked him on Jan 14th, had him in the 5th then.  Undervalued him at that time.  Watch him play.  Excellent corner, long, athletic.  I think the only thing that is being mistaken here is your opinion of yourself.

Charles Cross is the 2nd offensive linemen Seattle has drafted in the first round since 2012, and he’s known for pass blocking.  
 Russell Wilson and @LeanMeanGM just said this about Pete Carrol, "He’s racist.”  

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

I mocked him on Jan 14th, had him in the 5th then.  Undervalued him at that time.  Watch him play.  Excellent corner, long, athletic.  

Again, not a single person every really brought the knowledge to the board. Its one thing to be in the late rounds of a draft sim looking through guys and reading some scouting reports to see who might be a nice name to mix in there.

Its quite another to go watch him then, and come post here saying what you saw, why you like him, why he may be a fit for our scheme, etc. Not a single person ever did that on the entire message board. Not even a little bit. Without any of that, theres no proof anyone really knew who this guy was that they were clicking on in late rounds of sims. 

Any time I find a guy who I havent seen discussed, I bring it here to share. Why did no one ever share any knowledge on Armour-Davis?

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

you really cant have it both ways. talking out of both sides of your mouth. Cant complain about being limited in salary cap. Even more dead cap next year and continuing to grow. And then say its not surprising that they were able to go get a 100M receiver. Im not going to entertain this debate. Howie detractors and EMB carpologists had no idea this was possible. And will still never give him credit for pulling it off. 

1 - I give him credit for the deal and looking at his own horrific failures of addressing the WR in the draft.  

2 - The WR he acquired was extremely expensive on two fronts.   I'm fine with expensive draft capital.   I'm fine with expensive cap hit.  Having both simultaneously makes me less happy with the acquisition.  But, hey, let's give Howie credit for overpaying for a 24 year old WR, rather than a 32 year old broken down WR.

Howie isn't the worst GM in the league, Howie's not the best GM in the league.  Howie is probably the most active GM in the league.  So, there's always something to talk about with him... so for the EMB... that might make him the best GM in the league.

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Don't care where the Eagles finish in passing yards in 2022. This isn't the year to contend. They won't when they get their real QB in 2023. That's all that matters.

2023 better have at least 4 great QB’s or there’s gonna be some disappointed fans around the league. 

59 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

I have been saying that for some time.  Scott was added as insurance against Maddox leaving. He is out 2023 sixth round choice.  Out of college, Scott was really fluid in coverage. Sticks to coverage.  Designated as likely to move into the slot because of his size (5’9”).  (If he were 6’ 195, he would have been a first round draft choice.) Our 2022 sixth round choice is Kary Vincent. Kid is blazing fast. LSU played him outside, in the nickel and at FS.  Really liked his FS work.  Was also a candidate at nickel when we didn’t know if Maddox would return. Howie keeps calling him a CB, but I would like to see him at S.  Frankly, I thought Gowan projected better than his teammate Robinson.  Tall CB. Kid has a great ability to burst and position himself for defending passes.  We got him in the Ertz trade. I like Scott, Vincent and Gowan better than most of the remaining CBs.  I really think there will be a TC battle between Gowan and McPhearson to start opposite of Slay.  Gowan and Vincent fell because they sat out a Covid year and then declared while still green.  

The other thing to remember is they've had a year to evaluate this group of DBs, their upside, their coachability - that gives you more confidence than a college kid you've only seen on film in a scheme different than the one you'll be coaching. Which means the players on the roster win all ties, that is, if a player available at a draft spot isn't a clear upgrade or the obvious BPA, they'll go another position.

Same with Taylor and Stevens at LB - it's not that they won't upgrade, they just won't feel the need to add more of the same.

And with what should be a deep UDFA class, they may be less concerned about "camp bodies" to compete for depth.

To me the key spots the next two days are safety, OL depth (especially if they trade Dillard and Herbig) and a power RB.

2 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

2023 better have at least 4 great QB’s or there’s gonna be some disappointed fans around the league. 

Had the same thought which im pretty clueless on the prospects outside of Stroud and Young.

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Again, not a single person every really brought the knowledge to the board. Its one thing to be in the late rounds of a draft sim looking through guys and reading some scouting reports to see who might be a nice name to mix in there.

Its quite another to go watch him then, and come post here saying what you saw, why you like him, why he may be a fit for our scheme, etc. Not a single person ever did that on the entire message board. Not even a little bit. Without any of that, theres no proof anyone really knew who this guy was that they were clicking on in late rounds of sims. 

Any time I find a guy who I havent seen discussed, I bring it here to share. Why did no one ever share any knowledge on Armour-Davis?

I can't answer for others but I'm not going to do what you do.  Just because people don't behave and post like you doesn't mean they aren't studying and knowledgeable.   You do you.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re talking to someone who thinks Howie is an elite GM.  

not thinks. knows.

2 hours ago, RLC said:

There is such a contrast between models and reality.

The Ravens were absolutely taking Davis.

Yeah, those models make zero sense to me, and I don’t see any real usefulness in them. 

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

you really cant have it both ways. talking out of both sides of your mouth. Cant complain about being limited in salary cap. Even more dead cap next year and continuing to grow. And then say its not surprising that they were able to go get a 100M receiver. Im not going to entertain this debate. Howie detractors and EMB carpologists had no idea this was possible. And will still never give him credit for pulling it off. 

I don't think the concern about Howie is his ability to manage the team financially.  I think the concerns are roster management and talent acquisition.  He gets tied to players he acquired and is too willing to overlook their flaws. The other part of it is his decision making in the draft.  I think there are also so other related concerns where he wants to isolate units and serve as an information gatekeeper like for analytics and personnel.  Howie has flaws. 

His strengths are his willingness to take risks to improve the team.  He tries to consistently solve roster issues.  He wants to improve the team. He's an excellent negotiator and generally makes smart deals for the team.  

I would think Green Bay and Baltimore would be good trade partners for Reagor.  

Just now, Freshmilk said:

I can't answer for others but I'm not going to do what you do.  Just because people don't behave and post like you doesn't mean they aren't studying and knowledgeable.   You do you.

ok. but thats what a message board is for. 

Not just clicking a name in a mock simulator and pretending you knew. 

You like the draft that much? You post on a message board? Share knowledge. Why the hell not?

Just now, NCiggles said:

I don't think the concern about Howie is is ability to manage the team financially.  I think the concerns are roster management and talent acquisition.  He gets tied to players he acquired and is too willing to overlook their flaws. The other part of it is his decision making in the draft.  I think there are also so other related concerns where he wants to isolate units and serve as an information gatekeeper like for analytics and personnel.  Howie has flaws. 

His strengths are his willingness to take risks to improve the team.  He tries to consistently solve roster issues.  He wants to improve the team. He's an excellent negotiator and generally makes smart deals for the team.  

It certainly depends on whos posts you are reading. 

7 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

The league needs about 12 more.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

No cap savings, so they may wait until after June 1st.

58 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Actually, the can not cut Reagor.

If he is a pre June 1 cut, it adds 4.2 million to his 3.61 million cap hit.

If he is a post Jne 1 cut, it adds 2.4 million to his 3.61 million cap hit.

Pre June 1 trade, saves $ 13,576.00 ( yes, trading him will save us thirteen thousand, five hundred and seventy six dollars ) and leaves 3.6 dead

Post June 1 trade, saves 1.8 million and leaves 1.8 dead.  

12 minutes ago, AzBirdGang said:

Do we have archived posts from the AJ brown draft? I know a few of us were extremely high on him. That draft was a gut punch. lol

I know I posted multiple times I thought he was the best WR in his class 

I knew most were high on DK but his injury scared me off of him.

I think AJ brown with Wentz would have been pretty good, while I like AJ brown not sure how I Iike him paired with Smith when hurts can't get either of  them the ball🤷‍♂️

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

ok. but thats what a message board is for. 

Not just clicking a name in a mock simulator and pretending you knew. 

You like the draft that much? You post on a message board? Share knowledge. Why the hell not?

It certainly depends on whos posts you are reading. 

Meh, like I said, you do you, I'll do me.

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

It really would have been ideal if they could have included Reagor with 18 instead of the 3rd we gave up. 

Archived