EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, greend said:

Cough, cough, horse crap. Wages were poorer, the government didn't force "parent plus loans" on your parents for college so now you have your own college debt if you went and now theirs, getting a job was not easier it's the easiest now it's ever been in my lifetime. I took crappy terrible paying jobs to try and support my family and worked my way up.  My kid went to school for 6 months and has a stay at home job and makes more money than me.

Sorry but that's a big NO

As I said, I was generalizing. There will for sure be Boomers with tough luck stories, and "pulling themselves up by the bootstraps". I took a crappy paying job out of university too, and worked my way up over the years for a comfortable salary. I hear you. 

Anyway my friend, I think this is likely another topic that you and I will not agree on, so Imma move on. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully none of your lives are ruined today because I have a different opinion than you. 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

As I said, I was generalizing. There will for sure be Boomers with tough luck stories, and "pulling themselves up by the bootstraps". I took a crappy paying job out of university too, and worked my way up over the years for a comfortable salary. I hear you. 

Anyway my friend, I think this is likely another topic that you and I will not agree on, so Imma move on. 

This is how discussion boards work. I talk to you later I have to call my councilor 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Glad you’re in a better spot in life, now.

I  wasn’t well to do either and never really had a real family structure.  I wouldn’t say I’m picky.  Just not willing to believe that a lot of these privileged millennials have it as bad as they try to make it appear.    

Every generation is 50/50 that I've seen. 50% carry 75% of the weight of any generation. My father and uncle Mike worked their ass off sense 14 (met father at 9), my other two uncles drugged out and died and didn't do crap beforehand. Doesn't help that school was beat into our skulls and now both college and trade schools are so damn high and doesn't help living through two generational financial depression right as they got out of those expensive schools and got buried by debt and expectations. There are definitely some suck it up elements to it all, but to just call them whiney and lazy without any context just doesn't cut it in most good conversation 

Life will give you a crap sandwich it's up to you whether you eat it or not.

10 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yup.
This is true of every sample, but there are going to be exceptions. In the aggregate, it's accurate.

Things also change. NFL athletes are much faster than there were 40 years ago. The NFL is also a significantly less physical game. A game from the 80s doesn't resemble today's NFL at all.

The players today are faster and hit harder. There were more dirty cheap shots in the 80s though.

6 minutes ago, greend said:

This is how discussion boards work. I talk to you later I have to call my councilor 

I need my safe space!

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

I'm it going to deep.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, greend said:

Are you on crack? Holy weird argument batman. That's all part of the discussion part on the discussion board. The words I chose this morning when I talked about Simone Biles has zero affect on her. Her life isn't changed by it. The words I used about Simone Biles should have no lasting affect on you, unless you change your view on her. If you are fretting or losing sleep over my opinion of Simone Biles or Jalen Hurts or any subject discussed on a message board get help. If something anyone says on here bothers you in your regular life get help. 

If somebody called  me the N word on here and I was bothered by that in real regular life should I get help?

What if a poster called somebody else the N word on here and I was bothered by that in real regular life should I seek mental emotional help?

What if a poster told another poster to kill themselves,and that bothered me in the regular world should I seek help?

What if somebody simply called me an idiot and that bothered me a little in the real world or hurt my real regular feelings, should I seek help.

Does me being on a message board give me carte blanche to say and do whatever I want be ause nothing I say here has zero affect in the real world, asif the eagles message board is an entity seperate from the real world where opinions are shared by algorithms with zero feeling?

And if they do display any feeling theyre clearly is something wrong with them that requires professional intervention because silly words on a message board dont matter and have zero affect on people in the real world.

Sorry to break it to you but the eagles message board is part of the real world, the conversation we are having is real, two real people writing words to each other over the internet., unless you are a robot, at which case it would still be real just not affectual as robots don't have the ability to feel emotion.

If I wrote you a letter sent it in the mail and it said your a fat stupid and ugly and you don't matter from Utebird would you conclude it's not part of the real word because those words were on a  sheet of paper Instead of directly from my mouth to your ear?

I would never say that to you but if I did and you were even the slightest bit offended would you conclude you need help?

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Find someone you don’t like.  Respond and "like” their posts.  Then cry when they respond back to you.   

Got it?

I think all of our posts should be "liked" automatically by the system. 

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You can tell who the Beta helicopter dads are in here.  

I don't know what that means.  I do give my kids the best chance that I can to succeed.  It doesn't guarantee them crap. They also don't get things free of responsibility and expectation.  Ironically, I think helicopter parenting primarily derives from parents not wanting to feel bad about themselves and not creating a boundary between their bad feelings and the feelings of their kids.  So, it's really a situation created by the adult who is supposedly from a tougher generation.  

15 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

One of my earliest memories from school (would have been Grade 2 or 3) was getting those small gold, silver, bronze stickers for doing well on assignments and tests.  The teacher would give one sticker to the student to put on their notebook and the other sticker went on the student list that was posted all term; the class list of names and a grid filled with these stars -- basically an informal "scoreboard".  I loved getting those things, and the more I got the more I wanted.  I never paid attention to how many other kids had, or treated it like a contest at all -- I just liked the recognition of succeeding.  It was a great motivational tool (at least for me) and I don't ever remember any other kids or parents complaining about it.

The other strong memory is the track meet ribbons for first, second, and third place.  I remember fourth place would get a little button.  I can remember finishing fourth once and being given one of these crappy little buttons -- my only thought was "no more buttons; I'm getting ribbons from now on".  Again, it taught me the value of motivation and success.  Nowadays, everyone gets a trophy or a ribbon just for showing up.  I think something is lost in that.

See the source image 

You don't think they have scoreboards, gold stickers, first place ribbons and grades anymore? Competitiveness can't be graded away.  Kids are still competitive and motivated.  I to dhink opportunities have changed.  In NC, the population has grown about 60 percent in the last 30 years.  The numbers of slots for enrollment at the top state universities have only increased about 30%.  Kids have to do more to get the same opportunity handed to their parents. 

13 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Because he's the EIC, dummy. 

I don't know what EIC means🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Utebird said:

If somebody called  me the N word on here and I was bothered by that in real regular life should I get help?

What if a poster called somebody else the N word on here and I was bothered by that in real regular life should I seek mental emotional help?

What if a poster told another poster to kill themselves,and that bothered me in the regular world should I seek help?

What if somebody simply called me an idiot and that bothered me a little in the real world or hurt my real regular feelings, should I seek help.

Does me being on a message board give me carte blanche to say and do whatever I want be ause nothing I say here has zero affect in the real world, asif the eagles message board is an entity seperate from the real world where opinions are shared by algorithms with zero feeling?

And if they do display any feeling theyre clearly is something wrong with them that requires professional intervention because silly words on a message board dont matter and have zero affect on people in the real world.

Sorry to break it to you but the eagles message board is part of the real world, the conversation we are having is real, two real people writing words to each other over the internet., unless you are a robot, at which case it would still be real just not affectual as robots don't have the ability to feel emotion.

If I wrote you a letter sent it in the mail and it said your a fat stupid and ugly and you don't matter from Utebird would you conclude it's not part of the real word because those words were on a  sheet of paper Instead of directly from my mouth to your ear?

I would never say that to you but if I did and you were even the slightest bit offended would you conclude you need help?

And all this because I said I didn't feel like Simone Biles was a mental issue. And to answer your questions stroll on over to cvon sometime.  We done? 

Just now, greend said:

And all this because I said I didn't feel like Simone Biles was a mental issue. And to answer your questions stroll on over to cvon sometime.  We done? 

Um no all this because 4for4 said things we say in here have zero affect in the real world 

I dont remember saying anything about Simone Biles, at least not recently.

That conversation was played out on here when the whole thing happened and I made my opinions known then, dint really feel the need to comment in Simone biles situation anymore.

We can be done though.

Go Eagles.

Dallas sucks!

Dang this is the most active this place has been in a while since the whole binge movie and tom cruise take a couple weeks back. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Dang this is the most active this place has been in a while since the whole binge movie and tom cruise take a couple weeks back. 

Let's talk about abortion

8 minutes ago, Utebird said:

If somebody called  me the N word on here and I was bothered by that in real regular life should I get help? Yes

What if a poster called somebody else the N word on here and I was bothered by that in real regular life should I seek mental emotional help? Yes.

What if a poster told another poster to kill themselves,and that bothered me in the regular world should I seek help? Yes. 

What if somebody simply called me an idiot and that bothered me a little in the real world or hurt my real regular feelings, should I seek help. Yes.

Does me being on a message board give me carte blanche to say and do whatever I want be ause nothing I say here has zero affect in the real world, asif the eagles message board is an entity seperate from the real world where opinions are shared by algorithms with zero feeling? Yes.

And if they do display any feeling theyre clearly is something wrong with them that requires professional intervention because silly words on a message board dont matter and have zero affect on people in the real world. Now you're catching on.

Sorry to break it to you but the eagles message board is part of the real world, the conversation we are having is real, two real people writing words to each other over the internet., unless you are a robot, at which case it would still be real just not affectual as robots don't have the ability to feel emotion. Beep beep boop boop. 

If I wrote you a letter sent it in the mail and it said your a fat stupid and ugly and you don't matter from Utebird would you conclude it's not part of the real word because those words were on a  sheet of paper Instead of directly from my mouth to your ear? Yes. I'd throw the letter in the garbage and laugh. 

I would never say that to you but if I did and you were even the slightest bit offended would you conclude you need help? Yes. 

2 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

The players today are faster and hit harder. There were more dirty cheap shots in the 80s though.

Those 80s head shots are gnarly though. Even if they're slower, they're trying to KO folks.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Still obsessed I see.  

You think he wears this?

image.jpeg.a42bc89641149a66dd2781e572a501a8.jpeg

4 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

How bout we debate pubes vs no pubes on a woman?

I used to mess with this girl that shaved her pubes like a triangle.  Used to call her Dorito. 

2 minutes ago, hukdonfoniks said:

The F is going on in here today? :lol:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

How bout we debate pubes vs no pubes on a woman?

I used to mess with this girl that shaved her pubes like a triangle.  Used to call her Dorito. 

There's no debate my man. Some of us enjoy parting the hairs, some of us don't. 

Archived