EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

17 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Life is tough, always has been, always will be. There seems to be a strong current of not letting people fail....when sometimes, failure is the greatest learning tool you can have. That's what I meant by kids are soft. They always have a safety net nowadays it seems. Pros and cons to that I suppose, but the world seems to be in a weird place these days. 

There is no softer generation in the history of civilization than Western Baby Boomers.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RLC said:

There is no softer generation in the history of civilization than Western Baby Boomers.

You can certainly argue that Boomers had a much easier path in life, and I don't disagree. But just because they had it somewhat easy, doesn't mean the current generation isn't soft as well. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My guess is that he doesn’t even know how old baby boomers are, now.  

That's cause he wasn't allowed to fail grade 6 math or science. Typical. I hope he's not affected by my words. 

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Life is tough, always has been, always will be. There seems to be a strong current of not letting people fail....when sometimes, failure is the greatest learning tool you can have. That's what I meant by kids are soft. They always have a safety net nowadays it seems. Pros and cons to that I suppose, but the world seems to be in a weird place these days. 

One of my earliest memories from school (would have been Grade 2 or 3) was getting those small gold, silver, bronze stickers for doing well on assignments and tests.  The teacher would give one sticker to the student to put on their notebook and the other sticker went on the student list that was posted all term; the class list of names and a grid filled with these stars -- basically an informal "scoreboard".  I loved getting those things, and the more I got the more I wanted.  I never paid attention to how many other kids had, or treated it like a contest at all -- I just liked the recognition of succeeding.  It was a great motivational tool (at least for me) and I don't ever remember any other kids or parents complaining about it.

The other strong memory is the track meet ribbons for first, second, and third place.  I remember fourth place would get a little button.  I can remember finishing fourth once and being given one of these crappy little buttons -- my only thought was "no more buttons; I'm getting ribbons from now on".  Again, it taught me the value of motivation and success.  Nowadays, everyone gets a trophy or a ribbon just for showing up.  I think something is lost in that.

See the source image 

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Seems you've missed the boat altogether on this one and decided to go on a rant.

Didnt say anything you are ranting about but thanks for the tip.

4for4 said nothing he posts has any effect on anyone else therefore  nothing he posts has any affect in the real world 

I disagree and laid out why.

Your response to me makes my point for me 

I wasnt even addressing you yet my words on a message board illicited an affectual response. Unless you don't exist in the real world than words have affect on others.

You quoted me. :roll: 

6 minutes ago, RLC said:

Lol, mmmkay. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My guess is that he doesn’t even know how old baby boomers are, now.  

57-75. Pretty hard working group, but cry about anything that isn't exactly the way they want it or the way it's always been. Not only uncomfortable with change, but makes anyone who embraces it uncomfortable. Their kids are actually worse imo because they have the same fear of change, but the energy to make things unbearable for other people 

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You can certainly argue that Boomers had a much easier path in life, and I don't disagree. But just because they had it somewhat easy, doesn't mean the current generation isn't soft as well. 

Really? How exactly did I have an easier path in life? 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You can tell who the Beta helicopter dads are in here.  

Yet you constantly quote me and like my posts.  And DM like some obsessed girl.  

I like some of your posts, I like some of lots of other posters posts, what's your point.?

I often like Some of RTK posts doesn't mean I especially like him, I don't not like him,he's always been respectful to me in the limited conversations I've had with him I'm just not a fan of a lot of his takes 

Where as you I don't like at all, I think you are a miserable person and you have been disrespectful to me, usually in the form of bashing me to other posters, every once in a while though you make a good point about something football related that I agree with, your takes in pretty much everything else I find appalling and idiotic which I choose to call you out on which in turn you start bashing me to other posters like you always do and you don't answer any of the questions I ask or address any of the points I make I stead you di what you do, deflect by indirectly or directly calling me names to others or to me and pull every little truck out of your played out book in an attempt to discredit anything I've said to you or about you instead of actually addressing the current topic at hand.🥱

9 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I don't know. I think kids talk more about feelings and have a hard time distinguishing between when a bad feeling they experience correlates to a bad thing.  

6 minutes ago, greend said:

You quoted me. :roll: 

And it illicited a response from you right? if it hadnt you wouldnt have responded no?

Even the above laughing emoji is an affectual response as a consequence of my words to you.

That response wasnt the one Intended but it was the one you chose in response to my words which again proves my point that words affect other or else why respond?

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

😀 Generlize much?  

Here’s a tip.  I don’t care what generation you come from, once you hit a certain age, change isn’t all that great.   

A tip? From things I've read from you and a few others, I'll do my best to keep a more open minded point of view the older I get. I'm mid 30s so still not afraid of new music, foods, people, science.... I'm still able to look at another view point and at least try to understand instead of calling them soft or taunting their diagnosed mental instabilities....

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Mr Photo Op. hard at work   

Such a fraud.  Notice the gold and shades.  

8C776ABA-1BD0-44B5-8385-5BC9A8B36853.jpeg

You forgot to mention the tweet

8 minutes ago, greend said:

Really? How exactly did I have an easier path in life? 

Home ownership was easier, cost of education far less, retirement saving far easier, getting a job out of college, or even with just a high school diploma was easier, etc. That's not to say these things aren't accomplishable now; it's just far more difficult. Again, life is always tough, for nearly everybody (those born with a silver spoon need not apply). And not all boomers had it easy, for sure. I was generalizing. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sorry.  I’ll do better.   I still get credit for the tweet, right?

Oh for sure but you missed a great opportunity to dog on ESP for his love of SWAG.

im having a little ptsd today and need a safe space. ahhh, thats better.

753A1C3C-7611-4FEF-AD4B-5C55B7866FB2.jpeg

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cool.  You’re better than most.  There will be a time that comes that you’ll agree to an extent.  

Oh definitely. There is a stopping point for everyone. My background molded me to be a little more laid back about life I guess. Homeless half your child hood has a way of making you thankful for life and a little less picky 

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

And it illicited a response from you right? if it hadnt you wouldnt have responded no?

Even the above laughing emoji is an affectual response as a consequence of my words to you.

That response wasnt the one Intended but it was the one you chose in response to my words which again proves my point that words affect other or else why respond?

Are you on crack? Holy weird argument batman. That's all part of the discussion part on the discussion board. The words I chose this morning when I talked about Simone Biles has zero affect on her. Her life isn't changed by it. The words I used about Simone Biles should have no lasting affect on you, unless you change your view on her. If you are fretting or losing sleep over my opinion of Simone Biles or Jalen Hurts or any subject discussed on a message board get help. If something anyone says on here bothers you in your regular life get help. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nah.  I responded to you, since you made an assumption about me when you quoted me.   And you don’t like what I have to say.  Get over it, life goes on.   No one is scared to respond to you, trust me.  You care too much.  You don’t mean that much.  Trust me.  

I've made it very clear I didn't like what you have to say, I pointed out the fallacies in your logic and you have yet to address them instead you are doing the exact same thing you always do 

You deflect call names and constantly bash me to other posters in an attempt to deflect from what you can't defend.

If you don't like what I say get over it life goes on, you can just as easily stop replying to me no?

I don't want anybody to be scared to respond to me,why would anybody be scared and why would I want that on a public message board?

I think you misunderstand the purpose of a public message board ?

I care too much? I take that as a compliment, maybe the first you've ever given me.

You care too little in my estimation.

I mean that much to the people that matter to me, sorry you feel the need to tell people that they dont matter, it's sad for you.

You may say things I disagree with and something's that I cringe at and you still matter!

And no I dont trust you, why would I???, you've shown me over and over again that I can't but then again why would you want me to trust you or why would I want to trust you?

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I've made it very clear I didn't like what you have to say, I pointed out the fallacies in your logic and you have yet to address them instead you are doing the exact same thing you always do 

You deflect call names and constantly bash me to other posters in an attempt to deflect from what you can't defend.

If you don't like what I say get over it life goes on, you can just as easily stop replying to me no?

I don't want anybody to be scared to respond to me,why would anybody be scared and why would I want that on a public message board?

I think you misunderstand the purpose of a public message board ?

I care too much? I take that as a compliment, maybe the first you've ever given me.

You care too little in my estimation.

I mean that much to the people that matter to me, sorry you feel the need to tell people that they dont matter, it's sad for you.

You may say things I disagree with and something's that I cringe at and you still matter!

And no I dont trust you, why would I???, you've shown me over and over again that I can't but then again why would you want me to trust you or why would I want to trust you?

Because he's the EIC, dummy. 

7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Home ownership was easier, cost of education far less, retirement saving far easier, getting a job out of college, or even with just a high school diploma was easier, etc. That's not to say these things aren't accomplishable now; it's just far more difficult. Again, life is always tough, for nearly everybody (those born with a silver spoon need not apply). And not all boomers had it easy, for sure. I was generalizing. 

Yup.
This is true of every sample, but there are going to be exceptions. In the aggregate, it's accurate.

Things also change. NFL athletes are much faster than there were 40 years ago. The NFL is also a significantly less physical game. A game from the 80s doesn't resemble today's NFL at all.

Eagles redskins on nfl network now

7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Cough, cough, horse crap. Wages were poorer, the government didn't force "parent plus loans" on your parents for college so now you have your own college debt if you went and now theirs, getting a job was not easier it's the easiest now it's ever been in my lifetime. I took crappy terrible paying jobs to try and support my family and worked my way up.  My kid went to school for 6 months and has a stay at home job and makes more money than me.

Sorry but that's a big NO

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yup.
This is true of every sample, but there are going to be exceptions. In the aggregate, it's accurate.

Things also change. NFL athletes are much faster than there were 40 years ago. The NFL is also a significantly less physical game. A game from the 80s doesn't resemble today's NFL at all.

Nope, but thanks for trying

Archived