EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Anyone without looking know who was 2nd in the NFL in sacks last year?  Kind of took me by surprise 

Hassan Reddick? 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Doctor I've been seeing once a year left so they have me seeing this new lady doctor who's pretty hot.  She scheduled me for a physical in November.   Looking forward to it. 😉

What's wrong with you!!

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Alright... enough bickering.  Group hug time.

dr-evil-cry.gif

There is never enough bickering

12 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

While we are on the subject of real life: I read an article (correction...saw a headline) that people adopt different personas and roles in different social circles or groups of friends.  I would imagine this is exaggerated even more between real life and online communities.  Who here has a much different personality in real life?

I can say for sure that I do.

I think I'm pretty much the same. Are you telling me you're a ray of sunshine in real life?

28 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

I hate Star Wars. It's stupid.

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Make sure it’s not shirtless. We have a streak to continue here lol 

Too late

image.png.d2c09700832a2f64b7929c8268714fb5.png

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

While we are on the subject of real life: I read an article (correction...saw a headline) that people adopt different personas and roles in different social circles or groups of friends.  I would imagine this is exaggerated even more between real life and online communities.  Who here has a much different personality in real life?

My thumb is not green in real life.  

Randy quaid’s fan character in major league 2 is the best character out of both major league movies. 

48 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Very true.  Proud to say I may have banged some future doctors and lawyers.

In fairness, going from prostitute to lawyer isn't much of a career switch.  

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Right because on scouting report from February tells the entire story. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/carson-strong-undrafted-eagles-qb-knee-injury/oy1hf1oldkeegsllgskwt8lr#:~:text=It appears that Strong went,he was in high school.

Strong was able to work without the brace, but NFL teams likely were still leery of the injury. Given that the surgery was unique and that Strong may need more procedures during his career, teams were unwilling to take a risk with him.

https://fansided.com/2022/05/03/carson-strong-undrafted-explanation-eagles/

That was the second major surgery on Strong's knee after an MRI prior to his senior season of high school revealed an osteochondritis dissecans lesion that resulted in eight biodegradable nails being inserted to mend a crack in his lateral femoral condyle bone. These are fancy medical words and could be major long-term issues.

https://sportsjone.com/carson-strong-did-get-drafted-who-drafted-knee/

Strong has battled osteochondritis dissecans – a knee condition involving problems with cartilage – for which he has had several surgeries. He had a biodegradable screw inserted in his joint in high school and required his most recent surgery to play in 2021. Even in the best-case scenario, Strong’s knee will require a maintenance plan throughout his NFL career.

2 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

My thumb is not green in real life.  

Don't tell us what color it really is, please!!!!

22 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Do you have monkeypox?

18 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

None of your business.

HIPPPPPAAAAzZZ!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Anyone without looking know who was 2nd in the NFL in sacks last year?  Kind of took me by surprise 

Was it Quinn? I know he had over 15 if memory serves

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

How bout we debate pubes vs no pubes on a woman?

I used to mess with this girl that shaved her pubes like a triangle.  Used to call her Dorito. 

I would tell you but @NCiggles mom asked politely that I don't divulge that information on the EMB

1 minute ago, greend said:

Don't tell us what color it really is, please!!!!

I'm going to post a shirtless selfie of my thumb later.  

Song is pretty catchy lol 

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

I'm going to post a shirtless selfie of my thumb later.  

:excited:

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I would tell you but @NCiggles mom asked politely that I don't divulge that information on the EMB

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

My wife always says I act totally different when I'm around my brother and all our old high school buddies, we kind of fall back into the way we interacted when we were all younger, maybe an internet community is much the same.🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure if I'm different on here than I am in real life, I don't try to act differently and try to respond to people the same way in life but I'm not sure I always do 

Then again I can delete words I've written as I'm typing them in here where as once a word has left my mouth in real life its out there.

I guess in certain social situations like sports events people act differently than they would outside if that event 

Take shoulder pad Shawn for instance I doubt he's always like he is when he's dressed head to toe in eagles gear but sport venue gives him an excuse to be somebody  else, football and sports much like this board give us a refuge from every day worries of and angst of life, yet most of us get so enthralled In it that the escape of sports fandom gives us different worries and angst🤷‍♂️ why would a message board which is meant as an escape from real world issues be any different?

Either way if I were to adopt a different persona for any on line community I'd hope it wouldn't be as a jerk.

Makes me wonder about some dudes in the black hole, I'm sure some of those dudes are convicted murders or at least the persona they present to the real world whether it's true or not, and I'm sure some of those dude are just regular 9-5 working dad's and sons who just adopt the persona for raiders games.

Interesting phenomenon, I'd be interested in more in depth studies that cover this topic.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Song is pretty catchy lol 

My ears, my ears!!

15 minutes ago, greend said:

I think I'm pretty much the same. Are you telling me you're a ray of sunshine in real life?

I’m told people need at least spf 50 with 2 applications over the course of a dinner.

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Leave @greend out of this!!

:offtopic:

Getting kitchen remodeled.  Saw today that when the contractor put the refrigerator back in its spot, that there's a long scratch now on the new Vinyl Plank floor.  What's the proper course of action?

Archived