8 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Leave @greend out of this!!

If I'm your Mom we started this woke crap a long time ago

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:offtopic:

Getting kitchen remodeled.  Saw today that when the contractor put the refrigerator back in its spot, that there's a long scratch now on the new Vinyl Plank floor.  What's the proper course of action?

Talk to him about fixing it and if that doesn't work complain about it in here. Chances are it will ruin his life.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Getting kitchen remodeled.  Saw today that when the contractor put the refrigerator back in its spot, that there's a long scratch now on the new Vinyl Plank floor.  What's the proper course of action?

Pistols at high noon

Just now, greend said:

Talk to him about fixing it and if that doesn't work. Complain about it in here. Chances are it will ruin his life.

How would it be fixed?  They can't pop two pieces out of the middle and just put them back in, can they?  

We have extra pieces leftover, so that's the easy part...

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Pistols at high noon

I'm more of a broad sword man, personally.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

How would it be fixed?  They can't pop two pieces out of the middle and just put them back in, can they?  

He can work backwards and pop it out and replace I'm guessing it's close to an edge, no?  The only other option is maybe there's a touch up kit. I mean the guy should have put something under that before he moved it. 

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Get a bigger fridge...

4 minutes ago, greend said:

He can work backwards and pop it out and replace I'm guessing it's close to an edge, no?  The only other option is maybe there's a touch up kit. I mean the guy should have put something under that before he moved it. 

It's across two planks... right where the dining room leads to the kitchen.  It's about 6 feet from the end of the wall.  And all the molding is in place now around the room.

There were sliders under the fridge's front legs.  Not sure how the scratch showed up.  He's been really good about protecting things... up until today.

2 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Get a bigger fridge...

Not an option given that the scratch is no where near the fridge's location.

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

How old is the contractor? If he's under 45, don't say anything that would hurt his feelings.  

37 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

In fairness, going from prostitute to lawyer isn't much of a career switch.  

Right and both charge way too much.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's across two planks... right where the dining room leads to the kitchen.  It's about 6 feet from the end of the wall.  And all the molding is in place now around the room.

There were sliders under the fridge's front legs.  Not sure how the scratch showed up.  He's been really good about protecting things... up until today.

Take a picture of the scratch.  Ask him if he was aware of it and what his plan is to fix it.  

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think it depends on the floor.  They may be able to with vinyl planks.  

1 hour ago, 315Eagles said:

Google "Eric Andre the firefighter"

I'd explain but don't want to offend anyone.

wtffff did i just read!

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

How old is the contractor? If he's under 45, don't say anything that would hurt his feelings.  

I think he's about my age.  (I'm 44.). I don't care about his feelings, I care about my wife having her eye drawn straight to the scratch, literally within seconds of walking into the house.

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Right and both charge way too much.

Just like your mom eventhough her price hasn't gone up since 1984.  

5 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think it depends on the floor.  They may be able to with vinyl planks.  

🤯

I could actually do this myself.  Good to know, as I know this won't be the last scratch!

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Well I guess I would talk to him about it. Depending on flooring there may be touch up. Sorry for your bad luck. That sounds like something that would happen to me.

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think he's about my age.  (I'm 44.). I don't care about his feelings, I care about my wife having her eye drawn straight to the scratch, literally within seconds of walking into the house.

That was just a joke related to the soft millenials.  The one about the picture is the way I would go.  He's the contractor so let him propose a plan to fix it. It shouldn't be a problem that he hasn't encountered before.  

He may have already seen it but my guess is one of his crew scratched the floor moving the fridge back.  Maybe the plug got caught under the fridge? You may hand make sure the fridge is ok too. 

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

This hurts my feelings

25 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Make them fix it.  That’s on them.  We had a patio put in when we built our current house…they put in bricks one shade off and my wife made them rip it up and re-do it.  

Just now, eagle45 said:

Make them fix it.  That’s on them.  We had a patio put in when we built our current house…they put in bricks one shade off and my wife made them rip it up and re-do it.  

How many bricks had to be replaced?  

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Not an option given that the scratch is no where near the fridge's location.

Sorry that really sucks...👎

9 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Just like your mom eventhough her price hasn't gone up since 1984.  

BS.  Everyone's price has gone up.  

Archived