EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Who, JSB?   Nah, he deserves it.  He’ll crack soon and then disappear again.  

Yes, if by crack you mean "gets tired of listening to the same dumb crap that has been spewed on this board for the last two years and simply deciding to ignore it rather than litigate the same issues over and over again."

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

@jsb235 

so lets see..

You're gonna punish Tannenhill for being healthy? Thats just another stat that Hurts is less then average on. 

I didnt compare Hurts to Murray. I compared rankings in that catorogy. I could of said QBX had 3 more touchdowns than Hurts, which ultimatly, state wise, makes Hurts less than average...again. 

262 yards puts him at average in the league. the only stat of the 8-10 we've talked about. all the others were less than average. 

Again, didnt compare Hurts to Allen or Rodgers. What I said was when you add in rushing and combined stats to ALLLL THE OTTTTHER QB's his stats, again are less then average. 

So you get to think only 3 stats matter? So you want to throw out the other 7-10 that QB's are judged on. 

Just face it. The dude is below average  in basically everything he does as a QB. 

And I know EXACTLY what the team is trying to do. They drafted  a running QB(running qb's make better backups) to be a back up way too early in the draft and now there too afraid to admit thier mistake. *IF* Hurts was a 5th, 6th, 7th rounder he wouldnt be starting this year with the year he had last year. 

We should have traded for Wentz from Indy. Then all would be whole again. (except for Pederson being down in Jacksonville)

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

This is very butterfly effect and also why I wanted Baker. With Baker/Wentz in the 2021 offense, with the 2021 coaching staff I think we win 1 or 2 more games. Avoid Tampa and have a chance to win a playoff game or 2.   

Even if we avoided Tampa, the other big dogs would have eaten our lunch. Our D wasn't good enough to stop anyone.

38 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Anthony Richardson = Cam Newton 2.0. 

When I see/hear the words "athletic" next to a QB it translates, he uses his legs often because he cant make all the throws, cant read the defense on all the throws and he's not a QB, he's an athlete. 

I understand this is the QB you need to win in the college(which is another thing I hate about college ball) but that crap almost never translates to the pros. 

RG3, Cam, Haskins, Tua, Hurts, Murray, ALLLLL Athletic, ALL BLOW

I agree...with a couple nuances.  I have always argued that athleticism can sometimes be a paradoxical detriment.  May sound crazy, but it's true.  The Brady's and Mannings of the world needed to learn early on...if they wanted to move the ball in a tough spot, they've got to see their 3rd read.  It was their ONLY option if the first 1-2 reads weren't there.  If they did not learn to see the whole field at an early point in their development, they'd be screwed.  If you have a QB who has everything between the ears that Brady/Manning have but is an electric threat with the ball in their hands....early on in their career...the best thing for their team, for moving the ball and getting the job done...is to tuck and run once the first read is covered.  It's effective, it's disruptive, it's reliable...and as all the Hurts loves say, the yards are just as important.

And the result is a QB who has no idea how to go through progressions.  

In college football, unless you play for Alabama, it's even MORE effective.  The QB/WR/coaching/route tree/chemistry sophistication isn't as reliable as the pro's...so if you can get those yards by running, even better.

Not only does it not translate, it also impairs development.    

13 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

@jsb235 

so lets see..

You're gonna punish Tannenhill for being healthy? Thats just another stat that Hurts is less then average on.

Kind of a dumb thing to say, even for you. 

I didnt compare Hurts to Murray. I compared rankings in that catorogy. I could of said QBX had 3 more touchdowns than Hurts, which ultimatly, state wise, makes Hurts less than average...again.

You keep saying he is below average without saying where he ranks. Is it 17th? Is it 26th? Where does he rank, exactly? In total TDs not accounting for games played, he is 14th. Is that below average to you?   

262 yards puts him at average in the league. the only stat of the 8-10 we've talked about. all the others were less than average.

Again, I am not sure about your definition of average. Where does he rank? 

Again, didnt compare Hurts to Allen or Rodgers. What I said was when you add in rushing and combined stats to ALLLL THE OTTTTHER QB's his stats, again are less then average.

Are you sure about this? Where does he actually rank? 

So you get to think only 3 stats matter? So you want to throw out the other 7-10 that QB's are judged on.

Yes. Name me a top qb who doesn't excel in those three stats. Or name me an average qb who is good in all three. You can't do it. Total yards, total TDs and turnovers. Do well in those three areas, you are a top qb. A qb can have a high completion percentage or excel in whatever other bs stats you want to bring up and still be average. But yards, TDs and turnovers don't lie. 

Just face it. The dude is below average  in basically everything he does as a QB.

Again, I am not sure you understand the definition of average. 

And I know EXACTLY what the team is trying to do. They drafted  a running QB(running qb's make better backups) to be a back up way too early in the draft and now there too afraid to admit thier mistake.

Yes, they are too afraid to admit their mistake, like they did with JJAW, Reagor, Agholor, Marcus Smith and countless other failed draft picks who they dumped or refused to play. But this is the hill they decided to die on at the most important position with literally a dozen other options available to them. Because the team is run by idiots who don't want to win. Obviously you cracked the code.

*IF* Hurts was a 5th, 6th, 7th rounder he wouldnt be starting this year with the year he had last year.

Again, I have showed you why this isn't true. Whether or not you chose to believe it is on you. But a wild conspiracy theory that the team is only starting him to save face is simply so dumb that I struggle to comprehend how you aren't embarrassed to say it even on an anonymous message board.     

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Yes. Name me a top qb who doesn't excel in those three stats. Or name me an average qb who is good in all three. You can't do it. Total yards, total TDs and turnovers. Do well in those three areas, you are a top qb. A qb can have a high completion percentage or excel in whatever other bs stats you want to bring up and still be average. But yards, TDs and turnovers don't lie. 

Well, Stafford, Herbert and Josh Allen were 1, 3, and 4 in INTs last year (as in threw the most). All are above average to elite QBs. 

The only reason Hurts didn't have more INTs is because the coaches literally took the ball out of his hands. That, or he'd just tuck and run if his first read wasn't open. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

the most important stat to me... he was 31st in passing attempts per games because we didnt better when he didnt pass and the coaches didnt trust him throwing the ball.

Thats the most important stat to me

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing.htm

Here's a fun stat to sort by....% of TDs thrown per pass attempt. Lol. 

@jsb235 Average = 13-17 ranking in any catogory. Not names,  rankings. 

So where did he rank in TDs and yards? We won't do turnovers because we all know he did well in that category.

And yes, the fact that he is below average in starts cause he cant stay healthy should be important. 

He has missed one game due to injury in his first two years. Is that below average? 

Again, going to disagree with your definition of average here.

Really? You think that the range of average, in a 32-team league, is 13 to 17. And I am the guy who doesn't understand average? 

At this point you think because he wears a single digit jersey number and went to the SEC we should compare him to Burrow, and Burrow is a good QB so Hurts must be a good qb.

Just typing gibberish at this point. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy F.  Again with the total TD BS.  He is a below average passing QB.  You wanna treat this like fantasy football?  Go ahead.  But slash/running QB’s don’t work long term in the NFL

It's adorable that you think I care what you think.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Holy F.  Again with the total TD BS.  He is a below average passing QB.  You wanna treat this like fantasy football?  Go ahead.  But slash/running QB’s don’t work long term in the NFL

Lol not sure if you saw yesterday when he posted articles praising Hurts for being average....some of them were strictly about his fantasy football status. Insanity. 

Off topic....but I could see the Titans crashing and burning this year. Henry has got to fall off a cliff at some point, that injury last year may be the start of it. Once he goes, they go, IMO. 

@Bacarty2 do you wanna do a schedule analysis for them? 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Lol not sure if you saw yesterday when he posted articles praising Hurts for being average....some of them were strictly about his fantasy football status. Insanity. 

This isn't even remotely true. You want it to be true, but that doesn't make it true.

I feel like JSB lives in the fantasy world. which is fine. Fantasy QB he's amazing. Garbage time Hero. 

He doesnt throw a lot of interceptions. Well neither did Derrick Henry because neither of then throw the ball lol 

I have Hurts in a dynasty league, and he's great. I tried to trade him for Tom Brady straight up this off season, and was refused, lol. Eagles fans aren't the only ones who don't like him...

I feel like JSB lives in the fantasy world. which is fine. Fantasy QB he's amazing. Garbage time Hero. 

He doesnt throw a lot of interceptions. Well neither did Derrick Henry because neither of then throw the ball lol 

Its his reality!

Yes, I live in a fantasy world where some TDs don't matter, the team is starting a qb just to save face and the national media is ranking Hurts as an average qb as part of some conspiracy.

That makes sense.

21 hours ago, jsb235 said:

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

This isn't even remotely true. You want it to be true, but that doesn't make it true.

The last link you post, here is the exact write-up. 

If you’re ahead of the curve, making contingency plans to win your fantasy leagues next season, be sure to keep an eye on Jalen Hurts. One of the best dual-threat QBs in the league, Hurts offers a high floor, and an even higher ceiling as he continues to develop and build chemistry with his receivers. While he may not be the best from a passing standpoint, he might be able to approach 1,000 yards on the ground next year and rise even further in many NFL QB rankings aside from fantasy football.

2 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Yes, I live in a fantasy world where some TDs don't matter, the team is starting a qb just to save face and the national media is ranking Hurts as an average qb as part of some conspiracy.

That makes sense.

@Alphagrand made a fantastic post yesterday detailing Hurts' rushing TDs. Crickets from you in response to that post. You're a hypocrite, as you keep pounding away that only the stats you deem appropriate should apply to Hurts. Any further analysis than surface stats, and you crawl into a hole and hide. 

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

The last link you post, here is the exact write-up. 

If you’re ahead of the curve, making contingency plans to win your fantasy leagues next season, be sure to keep an eye on Jalen Hurts. One of the best dual-threat QBs in the league, Hurts offers a high floor, and an even higher ceiling as he continues to develop and build chemistry with his receivers. While he may not be the best from a passing standpoint, he might be able to approach 1,000 yards on the ground next year and rise even further in many NFL QB rankings aside from fantasy football.

The article wasn't about fantasy football. It was a ranking of qbs by Pro Football Network. 

Here is what the article says.

"NOTE: PFN’s 2021 QB Power Rankings include player statistics from the current season. Rank among all starting QBs shown in parentheses. Stats/analytics include: Games played (GP), passing yards per game (YPG), completion percentage, average air yards per completion (CAY), passing touchdown percentage per attempt (TD%), interception percentage per attempt (INT%), rushing yards, and rushing touchdowns."

You are lying. Just stop and take the loss.

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

The article wasn't about fantasy football. It was a ranking of qbs by Pro Football Network. 

"NOTE: PFN’s 2021 QB Power Rankings include player statistics from the current season. Rank among all starting QBs shown in parentheses. Stats/analytics include: Games played (GP), passing yards per game (YPG), completion percentage, average air yards per completion (CAY), passing touchdown percentage per attempt (TD%), interception percentage per attempt (INT%), rushing yards, and rushing touchdowns."

You clearly lack reading comprehension. 

19 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Your entire problem is we are talking about Jalen Hurts the passer, and you keep adding rushing stats.  Here is the sad thing about it.

If you only add rushing yards for Jalen Hurts and no one else, that only gets him to 12th in total offense.

If you only add rushing TD's for Jalen Hurts and no one else, that only gets him to 12th in total TD's.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Your entire problem is we are talking about Jalen Hurts the passer, and you keep adding rushing stats.  Here is the sad thing about it.

If you only add rushing yards for Jalen Hurts and no one else, that only gets him to 12th in total offense.

If you only add rushing TD's for Jalen Hurts and no one else, that only gets him to 12th in total TD's.

So add the stats for the other guys and tell me where he ranks.

11 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

This should be the focus of your attention.  The Eagles should not have traded multiple picks and given a 100 million dollar contract to AJ Brown if this is going to happen

While he may not be the best from a passing standpoint, he might be able to approach 1,000 yards on the ground next year 

22 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I believe its time you run everything you post through me first, we clear?

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You clearly lack reading comprehension. 

If the article was about fantasy football, there is no way they would have ranked him outside the top 10.

Here are actual fantasy football articles.

2022 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings | Fantasy Football News, Rankings and Projections | PFF

Hurts is 8th.

Fantasy football rankings 2022 - Quarterback (espn.com)

Hurts is sixth.

2022 QB Fantasy Football Rankings | FantasyPros Experts

Hurts is fifth.

I mean, you are so dumb you can't figure this out?

Just now, jsb235 said:

If the article was about fantasy football, there is no way they would have ranked him outside the top 10.

Here are actual fantasy football articles.

2022 Fantasy Football Quarterback Rankings | Fantasy Football News, Rankings and Projections | PFF

Hurts is 8th.

Fantasy football rankings 2022 - Quarterback (espn.com)

Hurts is sixth.

2022 QB Fantasy Football Rankings | FantasyPros Experts

Hurts is fifth.

I mean, you are so dumb you can't figure this out?

Read the actual write up on Hurts. It references nothing but fantasy you dolt. It's not my fault the article writers are morons and can't rank QBs properly. 

Archived