EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Desertbirds said:

Ok I'm sure you would have just quoted mcwharton about wokeness out of the blue if 4 for4 hadn't of called me and JR woke???

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

San Marzano to the far right?

Excellent eye. You know your maters!

7 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

My intent was not defend the way "woke pillars" was used. My intent was to point out the term "woke" is not without meaning.

I recognize that the far right are exploiting the term, but that does not alter its meaning in serious discussion.

I used to be a card-carrying member of the ACLU. Have you seen where an ACLU lawyer, Chase Stangio, has called for the banning of a book?

I have real issue with the current ACLU position of we will defend rights, if your position is something we agree with. That is an excellent example of woke going too far.  I remain a member trying to influence back to the original approach but they are pushing my limits.  Pendulums tend to swing too far.  Most of us are in the middle.

Just now, Utebird said:

Ok I'm sure you would have just quoted mcwharton about wokeness out of the blue if 4 for4 hadn't of called me and JR woke???

Did you not see where JR asked for greater exposition from me? 

1 hour ago, Doc S. said:

Some guys just don't understand that occasionally a person comes along that have been following our Birds for years and have a terrific memory. Give Franklin his due, don't criticize, @downundermike

My bad, god forbid we criticize the pillars

Whatever is trolling is going on in here looks tame compared to the way I took it to some CVONers yesterday. You guys suck. 

1 minute ago, Doc S. said:

giphy.gif

Not sure about the globes though.   Look like Early girls, but could be so many.

Not to quote meself, couldnt figure out how to get back to you but this is my first try with the San Marzanos. Very happy with the time to ripe, size of bush, water needs and ease of harvest. Grows in groups of 4 or so, all ready at the same time. Nice skin. sweet bite. Me likin em .

19 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

shutup

Hey pal. Why don’t you stick to your Monday night routine and choke on a bag of hairy knobs Froto Phaggins?  

14 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Like the left accusing others of every ism under the sun?

That's a pretty general accusation not sure how to respond.

I could say like the right all being NSDAP lovers?

Doesn't add up 

Most people aren't in either extreme.

Either way doesn't really matter as 4for4 was using woke as a simple durogatory deflection.

He implied I was woke because I cook dinner for my family and know the difference between the circle game and a white power symbol, another poster said I'm a B because I'm a stay at home Dad, desert bird indirectly  called me an authoritarian.

I've yet to call anyone in this blog today racist nor did I call the cubs fan a racist. 

Yet  some posters in this blog anytime they disagree with a certain point of view and dont have any thing to refute that point if view resort to calling that poster woke, as if not being ignorant of certain things is a bad thing.

I appreciate posters on this blog that can have differences in opinion or world social views and express those without resorting to name calling to try and prove their point.

I can appreciate your above sentiment and yes the extreme everything is ism crowd is tiresome, but not as dangerous as the ism crowd imo.

Not to quote meself, couldnt figure out how to get back to you but this is my first try with the San Marzanos. Very happy with the time to ripe, size of bush, water needs and ease of harvest. Grows in groups of 4 or so, all ready at the same time. Nice skin. sweet bite. Me likin em .

They are my second favorite plum tomato.  I prefer Amish Paste as my number 1 plum.  I like San Marzano a little more for sauces, but the Amish are a little better for fresh tomato and olive oil as well as for bruschetta.   I don't have the patience to make my own sauce from fresh, so I do fresh tomato sauces for pasta when the tomatoes are in season using the Amish Paste.  And then out of season, I use canned San Marzano.  

34 minutes ago, hputenis said:

You guys ever seen House of 1000 Corpses?  Man it’s f’d up!!  

For more tips and tricks, please feel free to visit the "Horror Movie Thread” only a few clicks away. 30 pages and counting!  

Isn't that rob zombies movie???

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

My bad, god forbid we criticize the pillars

Can't give a little due, huh?

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Woke is for leftists…

Defining leftists or liberals is like defining "conservative”.  A twice divorced, adulterer that golfs rather than going to church is a "conservative”, for example?  Crappy labels that rarely fit anyone.  I was watching the news and some bozo in Wyoming, who claims to follow politics, said Liz Cheney votes with the Democrats too much.  Fool doesn’t realize that all that public land that Wyoming’s forest industry logs, Wyoming’s ranchers graze and Wyoming’s tourist industry depends on, Hageman wants to sell to private interests that she represents. Liz Cheney has a near perfect "conservative” voting record.  Labels rarely fit.  

4 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Isn't that rob zombies movie???

Yessir. Yes it is. And it’s not his best one either!  

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Defining leftists or liberals is like defining "conservative”.  A twice divorced, adulterer that golfs rather than going to church is a "conservative”, for example?  Crappy labels that rarely fit anyone.  I was watching the news and some bozo in Wyoming, who claims to follow politics, said Liz Cheney votes with the Democrats too much.  Fool doesn’t realize that all that public land that Wyoming’s forest industry logs, Wyoming’s ranchers graze and Wyoming’s tourist industry depends on, Hageman wants to sell to private interests that she represents. Liz Cheney has a near perfect "conservative” voting record.  Labels rarely fit.  

image.gif.bdcc5b91a569721dd7b2e813ba9d19fa.gif

19 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Count me jealous of your plums. My basil is loving this weather. As is my oregano (Greek, Italian and wild) and thyme. My chives are thriving too. If only someone would sell Mexican oregano seeds.  Only my cilantro has been an issue this year.  Get it close to harvesting and a week later it flowers.  

2 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Yessir. Yes it is. And it’s not his best one either!  

Devil's Rejects?

15 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

My last attempt with them was in buckets. Given this is my first year using my expanded garden for tomatoes, I will give San Marzanos another try given my jungle this year. How many plants did you grow?  

Guest justrelax
51 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

That clown tarred  me with nazism..

Never crossed my my mind. Ever.  Never ever.

Best horror film is leprechaun 3 in vegas

There was an old man of MaDrass, whose balls were made of fine brass. In stormy weather, they both clanked together, and sparks flew out of his ass. 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

They are my second favorite plum tomato.  I prefer Amish Paste as my number 1 plum.  I like San Marzano a little more for sauces, but the Amish are a little better for fresh tomato and olive oil as well as for bruschetta.   I don't have the patience to make my own sauce from fresh, so I do fresh tomato sauces for pasta when the tomatoes are in season using the Amish Paste.  And then out of season, I use canned San Marzano.  

Still experimenting. I plant way too much , always end up canning so as not to waste the goods. Really enjoying the fresh Plums right now, they go on pretty much everything ...B-) Celebrities don't suck either, all my sammiches get a slab. The Herb Garden has become key. Fresh Basil and Italian Oregano with tomatoes and a chunk of Mozz is a showstopper. I don't worry about keeping the birds out of the garden, it's the neighbors that are the problem. :smoke:

Archived