EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Eagles put up great numbers in the first half against a top defense (at least when they're fresh, a lot of starter talent but lack of depth).

The second half was dictated by the defense, the only way Washington was going to get back into the game was Eagle turnovers.

We're still in the "shakeout cruise" part of the schedule, so I won't get too excited, but just like other teams will fix some things, the Eagles will also fix things as weaknesses are exposed - won't be surprised to see Jurgens ahead of Opeta at backup OG by mid-season, for example. They're still getting used to Gannon's more aggressive scheme and multiple fronts this season - aspects that couldn't be employed last season b/c lack of personnel.

But I think it's safe to say they're in the upper quarter of the league (top 8), but I won't call them a top 4 team quite yet.

I don't know that I buy the narrative that Washington is a top defense. They get a lot of hype, but they haven't produced at all. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My wife was asking me what the Batman ish was all about.  I didn't have an answer.  Anyone else know?

Schlereth is a dope BTW.  

Slay described them as different Batmen. 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

My wife was asking me what the Batman ish was all about.  I didn't have an answer.  Anyone else know?

Schlereth is a dope BTW.  

Brown bought the WRs capes.    But, it seems only 3?   Brown is swolled Batman, Smith is skinny Batman, and Watkins is fast Batman.   Seems Pascal must be Robin.

8 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I might need some work on this, but I'm going to give it a try.

10) Where is Milton Williams? I never see him making any plays.

Understood this is a troll post. But I did raise the question before the season started, that a lot of people in here thought very highly of Williams. And frankly, he hasn't done much of anything and I do feel/felt he was overrated in this Blog. I haven't seen anything to date to change my mind. At this point, he's a JAG. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So... when the Washingteam D got more tired, the Eagles' O struggled more?   That's weird.   It's almost like the Eagles might be struggling from a lack of conditioning.  Maybe the issue is that the Eagles' O is tired by the time the 4th quarter rolls around and can't take advantage of tired defenses.  

Its almost like this offense is like the JR Smith of an NFL team. We're so streaky. When we're on fire we just roll right through the opponent and look great, but then that halftime hits we lose all momentum and cant gain it back. It will be interesting to see what this offense looks like against a legit defense thats playing at home with all the momentum.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I kind of got that much.  I still don't get it.  How is either one like Batman?  I guess AJ is built like him with the suit on.  But I don't see or get the reference.  

Yeah.  I saw and heard all of that yesterday.  But .......why?

Listen old timer, you're just outta touch with the kids these days. Get with it. 

It's clear the impact that AJ Brown is having on the O - I'll repeat this, why didn't the Titans just pay him?  I'm thankful they didn't as he can make big boy plays on this team where perhaps it's been lacking for a long time.  Pascal is another tone setter, not flashy or super talented, but a tone setter.  This team finally has WRs

The D looks better 3 games in.  Slay looks 10 years younger, the LB corp looks normal NFL standard now - no Singleton trailer tackling.

A lot to be positive about, but it's only 3 games. When injuries hit and form dips, we'll know more

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I kind of got that much.  I still don't get it.  How is either one like Batman?  I guess AJ is built like him with the suit on.  But I don't see or get the reference.  

Logic doesn't apply to situations like this.   Someone said something at practice.  They liked it and have embraced it.   It's harmless.  

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Slay wanted to say that all three are main characters, and there was no Sidekick Robin.

We're talking about a character from before I was born.  I mean this looks nothing like Aj Brown.  

See the source image

Racist

59 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

AJ Brown originally had some sort of Batman nickname then I think Lane Johnson (Edit: It was Darius Slay that said it) said that the WR room is full of Batmans and no Robbins.  AJ is swoll Batman.  DeVonta skinny Batman and Quez is fast Batman.  Paschal wasn’t part of the tweet at the time.  

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Slay wanted to say that all three are main characters, and there was no Sidekick Robin.

Except for Pascal... apparently.

26 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Best defense of the day didn't happen on a football field.

Good hip discipline. Topped that WR and he had not shot.  Good rep.

Never said it wasn't.  Just didn't get the reference.  The cape thing on the sideline seems silly.  

It is silly.  Grown men paid to play a game.   I'll take silly.  It's when they act like entitled little brats (OBJ-style) that bothers me.  Silly I can embrace and/or ignore easily enough. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Except for Pascal... apparently.

We have two Batmen and two Sidekicks as far as I‘m concerned.

And Watkins / Pascal are great Robins.

i mean regardless of what happens this year, this is most fun team i have watched, everyone seems to be engaged, they want to win, they want to have fun. it's like this team has played with each other for a long time.

11 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Edwards, White and Epps won't cost much to bring back. Bradberry will be more expensive, but he's not getting a huge deal from us or anyone else. So I expect him to sign a reasonable deal for a year. CGJ will get paid, as will Hargrave. My guess is they pay CGJ and let Hargrave go. 

CGJ is in the $15 million a year range, Bradberry will be around $10 million and the other guys around $7 million. Maddox signed the kind of deal I would expect White, Edwards and Epps to get.  

If Cox and Hargrave go, I'd look at possibly paying Daron Payne. Could be a nice compliment to Davis. Only 25

10 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

i mean regardless of what happens this year, this is most fun team i have watched, everyone seems to be engaged, they want to win, they want to have fun. it's like this team has played with each other for a long time.

thats the key - they're a team. They play for each other and you get the impression they're a close bunch, right up to the HC.

Great to see

I didn't watch the SNF game.  I can't believe I missed that offensive display!  21 runs scored in a game is just an explosion of offense....  Came down to the last at-bat!  Big swing and a miss in the 8th by Jimmy G after the big rally topped off by the Home Run by Gordon in the top of the 8th.  They shut down the Broncos in the top of the 9th, but couldn't find a way to get a run across in the bottom of the 9th.  

What's that?   
They were playing football?

Oh, NVM.  What crap fest of a football game.   Glad I missed it.

@LeanMeanGM  I see a trap game this week.  Jags - 22, Eagles - 19.  

Bonus:  Dougie P. converts no fewer than 2 4th downs on no fewer than 3 attempts before the 4th quarter begins.

9 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I might need some work on this, but I'm going to give it a try.

I'm sure a lot of people are happy about today's game, but I'm not one of them. I'm furious about everything. Right now we're 3-0 but we should really be a lot better than that. Let me elaborate on all the things that ticked me off about today's game. These go to eleven.

1) Britain Covey fumbling a punt and looking like a doofus returning the ball. I'm sure anyone else could do better. 

2) The offensive performance in the second half was abysmal. If we had spent more time in training camp practicing, we probably would have done better. Likewise if we weren't taking extra days off during the season.

3) The clown show at the end of the first half. We wasted too much time before calling a timeout and then we run three stupid plays and are forced to hurry a fourth down throw. We're just lucky it worked.

4) How come we're not getting any contributions from Quez Watkins? Something has to be done about that. Maybe we should hire a new wide receiver coach or something.

5) Our running game sucked. I'm not sure if this was the fault of the running backs or the offensive line. Probably both suck. We should probably activate Trey Sermons for the next game and let him carry the ball. He can't be any worse.

6) Why on earth are we risking DeVonta Smith to return punts? We should probably fire the special teams coach after than blunder.

7) Why did we put in Sua Opeta at left guard late in the game instead of Cam Jurgens? We have to give Jurgens some experience at guard. If not, this could be a completely wasted year for him, which would be proof positive that he was another boneheaded pick by Howie.

😎 Speaking of boneheaded picks by Howie, how come we never see Nakobe Dean do anything? I saw people in the stands wearing 17 jerseys and yet Dean doesn't even play. What's up with THAT?!!

9) Speaking of jerseys, Nick Sirianni looks like a clown wearing former players jerseys. And for initiating a scheme with players photos on t-shirts after they make interceptions. Can he look any more dorky than that? I remember when coaches in the olden days used to wear suits and hats. Remember Tom Landry? Sirianni should try to do that.

10) Where is Milton Williams? I never see him making any plays.

11) Jalen Hurts didn't run for a lot of yards and didn't score any touchdowns. If we get into the postseason when the weather gets colder and it's harder to pass the ball, we're going to need for him to run more effectively than he did today.

You’re slipping. Nothing about the comic book Batman cape for the receivers. First we get the whole Superman thing with Hurts and now the WRs think they are Batman. Next thing you know Davis and Mailata will be thinking they are the Incredible Hulk.   

And speaking of poses, Hurts trying to undermine his weak arm with the Charles Atlas pose after a couple of long throws.  Is he getting his strength training from the back of a comic book?

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I didn't watch the SNF game.  I can't believe I missed that offensive display!  21 runs scored in a game is just an explosion of offense....  Came down to the last at-bat!  Big swing and a miss in the 8th by Jimmy G after the big rally topped off by the Home Run by Gordon in the top of the 8th.  They shut down the Broncos in the top of the 9th, but couldn't find a way to get a run across in the bottom of the 9th.  

What's that?   
They were playing football?

Oh, NVM.  What crap fest of a football game.   Glad I missed it.

And to no surprise Jimmy G was a player many here were saying would be a much better option than Hurts this season. 

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Monday Morning thoughts...

First thing that came to mind... Flight to and from LA, Plus Hurricane Ian, Gonna be a different week for J-ville

1) Cant believe people were in on the Saints. 1-2 headed into a hard part of the schedule. They could have 10 losses by Thanksgiving. 

2) WTF is up with the BRonco's/Russ. Let Russ cook....cook meth maybe

3) Mac Jones already beat up (back and now ankle)

4) Terrible time management yesterday in a couple games

5) great game by the eagles, 2nd half offense is still making me nervous. 

I knew the Saints wouldn't be that good.  It was so odd how people and the media seemed to completely under play the loss of Sean Payton and the impact that would have on their offense.  One of the best HCs in the league and the engine to their offense post-Brees.  Dennis Allen was terrible in his only other HC stint as well. 

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Next thing you know Davis and Mailata will be thinking they are the Incredible Hulk.   

That‘s actually a pretty good one. 😄

Archived