EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 hour ago, RLC said:

It's more "AJ Brown vs. Allen Robinson, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, 10M in cap space per year over 3 years". 

I would still take AJ, but it's not as big of a slam dunk. 

No thats a shattered backboard Shaq dunk

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

You’re slipping. Nothing about the comic book Batman cape for the receivers. First we get the whole Superman thing with Hurts and now the WRs think they are Batman. Next thing you know Davis and Mailata will be thinking they are the Incredible Hulk.   

And speaking of poses, Hurts trying to undermine his weak arm with the Charles Atlas pose after a couple of long throws.  Is he getting his strength training from the back of a comic book?

:nonono:.  We can't have a DC/Marvel cross over.    Unacceptable.  Just never... ever an option.    That's like mixing Battlestar Galactica with Star Trek.   

200.webp?cid=ecf05e479lq2d0zgt355kxvj9kx

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

I love the fact that, for months, the biggest debate on this board was whether or not Hurts could take a step forward that would put him solidly in the top 10, and now the people who said it absolutely couldn't happen are trying to gaslight the rest of us into believing that there weren't a small group of people saying that it absolutely could happen.

Slow down there JSB.  Those weren’t juggernaut defenses the Eagles played the last few weeks.  Did you watch the 49ers/Broncos game last night?  I did and wondered how either team scored.  Heck, arguably the winning score was a safety last night. The Eagles haven’t faced a defense like that yet.  

55 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So it's like field day, which was the last day of school back when I was in elementary.  Kickball, potato sack races, egg toss, wheel barrel.  Guys were bailing on the Pro Bowl, I am sure this will make them change their minds.  Brilliant.  

They did this for Sirianni. He’s actually going to be running it.

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And to no surprise Jimmy G was a player many here were saying would be a much better option than Hurts this season. 

Same with Wilson

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Slow down there JSB.  Those weren’t juggernaut defenses the Eagles played the last few weeks.  Did you watch the 49ers/Broncos game last night?  I did and wondered how either team scored.  Heck, arguably the winning score was a safety last night. The Eagles haven’t faced a defense like that yet.  

Maybe.  But you saw the impact of Payne/Allen/Sweat on the run game.  Their DL was a key factor in our second half slow-down, when were attempting to run the ball.

But their back seven was a vulnerability and we attacked there in the first half.  I believe we can be multiple enough on offense to deal with a variety of defenses.

15 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:nonono:.  We can't have a DC/Marvel cross over.    Unacceptable.  Just never... ever an option.    That's like mixing Battlestar Galactica with Star Trek.   

image.jpeg.7b0b6cb1fb21d6cc0547d254d63d3b44.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Yep. Lot of the Pillars here were high on them. 

I was one of the few that didn't think they would be any good :smoke:

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Damien Harris for the Pats will be a FA next year. Wonder what round pick would it cost for him

6th rd

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I kind of got that much.  I still don't get it.  How is either one like Batman?  I guess AJ is built like him with the suit on.  But I don't see or get the reference.  

All batman, no Robin. Like,  they're all legit top guys. No WR1, WR2, WR3

13 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Same with Wilson

Same with Baker.  Even saw people saying Drew Lock would have been a better option. 

13 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Not a watcher of comic book movies and my idea of comic books was The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.  Couldn’t tell you which comic book hero is from which publishing house.  Space is infinite so Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek and Star Wars should be able to coexist.  

22 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Never read these but it has happened before....

Amazon.com: The Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. I:  0024885234008: Conway, Gerry, Claremont, Chris: Books

DC vs. Marvel - Wikipedia

I only got to see til about halfway into the third quarter. First half was great, but another scoreless second half. Can't call this team great until they start closing out games

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Same with Baker.  Even saw people saying Drew Lock would have been a better option. 

Receipts?

1 minute ago, devpool said:

I only got to see til about halfway into the third quarter. First half was great, but another scoreless second half. Can't call this team great until they start closing out games

This has more to do with the play calling and the way the D has been playing. I'm not worried if we need to score points in the second half they will be able to do it.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I think Baker would be extremely succesfull here with these coaches and weapons. 

I stand by that. 

No where near week 2 and week 3 Hurts, but 2021 Hurts for sure

Panthers have good weapons.  Baker is trash.  A total clown of a person that teammates don't take seriously. Just like Jameis.

12 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Maybe.  But you saw the impact of Payne/Allen/Sweat on the run game.  Their DL was a key factor in our second half slow-down, when were attempting to run the ball.

But their back seven was a vulnerability and we attacked there in the first half.  I believe we can be multiple enough on offense to deal with a variety of defenses.

Allen is a force. Maybe as good a defensive player at stopping the run that the Eagles have faced since Vea and that DL will be a force when back up to full strength but the LBs for the Commode Doors aren’t very good.  Seemed like Del Rio focused so much on stopping the run that he left the DBs on an island.  The All 22 should be fun to watch this week.  

NFC has some good defenses, 49ers, cowpads, Tampa Bay.  Possibly the best AFC defense the Eagles will face is the Jags.  Should be a decent litmus test the next couple of weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Honest question, Has Hurts, or do you think Hurts has put together a complete game. Start to finish?

I think he has played a more complete game than Wentz, Cousins and Goff so far this year. Let's see how next week goes.

The reason many of us clamored for almost any other QB was because we want the Eagles to win by passing the ball. And those QBs at that time gave us a better chance at doing so. I know I hate the running QB offense that we employed last year, and that Baltimore still runs. We know how that story ends. In this day and age, you have to win by passing. And for these past two games, Hurts has done exactly that, as both defenses dared him to do so. I'm pleasantly surprised. 

Archived