EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, RLC said:

IMO, the pure running game (RBs only) is meh. Hurts' ++ ability as a runner elevates the run game. 

I thought both Sanders and Gainwell were disappointing/bad yesterday. They have to stop running into their own blockers.

Sanders was good the first 2 weeks. I agree with yesterday. The running game was not that effective but it was just enough to run the clock out in the 4th. I'd like to see that part of the offense get back on track this week

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Brady scares me more in the playoffs than Rodgers 

I think it will be key if we get to play at home against them.

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

His body language and facial expressions come off like a giant scumbag

I agree but pound for pound he might be the best athlete in the league. 

3 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Hurts has stuffed us with crow, and we'll gladly continue to eat it. But nobody saw this coming

I love the fact that, for months, the biggest debate on this board was whether or not Hurts could take a step forward that would put him solidly in the top 10, and now the people who said it absolutely couldn't happen are trying to gaslight the rest of us into believing that there weren't a small group of people saying that it absolutely could happen.

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I agree but pound for pound he might be the best athlete in the league. 

You might be right

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

The scariest team in the NFC for us are the Packers. If their WRs improve, it'll be tough. Also, I don't think we're running the ball effectively enough to back teams off. 

Might be the number but Romeo Doubs could be their next Robert Brooks.  He looked unstoppable in all of the Carson Strong highlight tapes and is playing well for them.  

Agree, the running game needs to improve.  They aren't consistent enough with the running backs.  Feels like big chunk run or nothing with these guys. 

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

I love the fact that, for months, the biggest debate on this board was whether or not Hurts could take a step forward that would put him solidly in the top 10, and now the people who said it absolutely couldn't happen are trying to gaslight the rest of us into believing that there weren't a small group of people saying that it absolutely could happen.

The only one who actually claimed he would be MVP (and was mocked for it) was RTK. And there's a lot to happen between now and the end of the year.

But nobody saw him as arguably the best QB thru the first three games (tho Josh Allen is in the convo). 

Just now, jsb235 said:

I love the fact that us haters are gladly eating crow and you humpers are being sore winner's about the whole thing. He's had 2 great games in a row. 14 games left. Hopefully he keeps it up

Just now, UndyTaker said:

Man the Falcons were so close to having these Saints being 0-3 🙄

I expected the Saints to be better. Love that they aren‘t, let‘s hope they really fall apart!

Just now, UndyTaker said:

Man the Falcons were so close to having these Saints being 0-3 🙄

Glad they're sticking with Winston 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"Never in the woodworks”.  Yeah of course you weren’t.  

Liar.  

I wasn‘t. I did call your annoying circle jerk out often enough and consistently.

Unlike you guys I just don‘t have to repeat myself 20 times a day posting the same opinion.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

"Never in the woodworks”.  Yeah of course you weren’t.  

Liar.  

Yep.  Never understood the hype for them.  But it’s still early.  As we all know.  

This is true. Both Thomas and Landry left the game yesterday. Not sure of the severity 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is the most activity you’ve had in here since you played the race card and talked ish about the U.S.   Good for you.  You’re making a difference.   

Cute.

I‘ve always posted my opinion here even though I actually don‘t have the time to be as active as you are, whyever that is.

I clearly did say that I love the US but there‘s things going way wrong. I guess that‘s already too much for someone as blind as you are. But hey, go with your simple opinions and keep trying to insult everyone that doesn’t agree with you. It suits you. 

You‘re still wrong as usual though. 😄

52 minutes ago, RLC said:

It's more "AJ Brown vs. Allen Robinson, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, 10M in cap space per year over 3 years". 

I would still take AJ, but it's not as big of a slam dunk. 

It is though.

51 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I think it's a between the legs slam dunk

I think it's blowing out a candle in a cupcake placed on the back of the rim slam dunk.

53 minutes ago, RLC said:

It's more "AJ Brown vs. Allen Robinson, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, 10M in cap space per year over 3 years". 

I would still take AJ, but it's not as big of a slam dunk. 

I'm still looking for the place on the scoreboard where they show cap space and draft capital.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

1) Cant believe people were in on the Saints. 1-2 headed into a hard part of the schedule. They could have 10 losses by Thanksgiving. 

Im thinking only 5 or 6 wins is a very realistic chance. Seattle, Falcons and Panthers are the only games remaining on their schedule where I would favor them to win. They have a few 50/50 games where they are playing more talented teams but you never know which team will show up like the Vikings, Raiders, and Cardinals. I think Steelers will be playing Pickett by the time they play which will improve their chances. Watson will be playing when they play at Browns. Panthers won 5 games last year and had the 6th pick. Bears won 6 games and had the 7th. So far so good for a top 10 pick from the Saints.

Eagles put up great numbers in the first half against a top defense (at least when they're fresh, a lot of starter talent but lack of depth).

The second half was dictated by the defense, the only way Washington was going to get back into the game was Eagle turnovers.

We're still in the "shakeout cruise" part of the schedule, so I won't get too excited, but just like other teams will fix some things, the Eagles will also fix things as weaknesses are exposed - won't be surprised to see Jurgens ahead of Opeta at backup OG by mid-season, for example. They're still getting used to Gannon's more aggressive scheme and multiple fronts this season - aspects that couldn't be employed last season b/c lack of personnel.

But I think it's safe to say they're in the upper quarter of the league (top 8), but I won't call them a top 4 team quite yet.

1 minute ago, austinfan said:

Eagles put up great numbers in the first half against a top defense (at least when they're fresh, a lot of starter talent but lack of depth).

So... when the Washingteam D got more tired, the Eagles' O struggled more?   That's weird.   It's almost like the Eagles might be struggling from a lack of conditioning.  Maybe the issue is that the Eagles' O is tired by the time the 4th quarter rolls around and can't take advantage of tired defenses.  

Archived