EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Allen is a force. Maybe as good a defensive player at stopping the run that the Eagles have faced since Vea and that DL will be a force when back up to full strength but the LBs for the Commode Doors aren’t very good.  Seemed like Del Rio focused so much on stopping the run that he left the DBs on an island.  The All 22 should be fun to watch this week.  

NFC has some good defenses, 49ers, cowpads, Tampa Bay.  Possibly the best AFC defense the Eagles will face is the Jags.  Should be a decent litmus test the next couple of weeks. 

Be prepared for a bad game by Seumalo.  He seemed to be pushed back early and often.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

The reason many of us clamored for almost any other QB was because we want the Eagles to win by passing the ball. And those QBs at that time gave us a better chance at doing so. I know I hate the running QB offense that we employed last year, and that Baltimore still runs. We know how that story ends. In this day and age, you have to win by passing. And for these past two games, Hurts has done exactly that, as both defenses dared him to do so. I'm pleasantly surprised. 

Sorry.  You still need to pay penance for your opinions, even though they were based on a different set of facts at the time.

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

Sorry.  You still need to pay penance for your opinions, even though they were based on a different set of facts at the time.

I'm flagellating everyday....also flatulating as well, but sometimes both at the same time.   

7 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

This has more to do with the play calling and the way the D has been playing. I'm not worried if we need to score points in the second half they will be able to do it.

That's coaching not to lose and we will lose a game if that continues, just like we almost lost the lions game. You can accidentally scorein the second half, even a field goal. To not do so in two consecutive games is worrisome regardless of circumstance 

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

FYI, he is "paying penance" for saying that Hurts showed no development in his career, both in college and in the NFL, that he could never be an NFL level passer, and that the Eagles were wasting their time by developing him.

11 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Panthers probably have a mid pack O Line and bottom 10 in weapons. Not to mention Rhule and Ben Macadoo may be the worst coaches in the league.

I havent heard him bash teamates, so I cant speak to that. 

But again, I think about 25 quarterbacks could of done what Hurts did last year

They don't have bottom 10 in weapons.  They have two good WRs and McCaffery. 

I remember seeing one play where Davis absolutely trucked the Center right into Wentz' face

Hes going to get there, just needs to learn the nuances of the game.  You cant teach that brute strength.  I guarantee he'll develop into a decent passrusher

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Be prepared for a bad game by Seumalo.  He seemed to be pushed back early and often.

I tend to concentrate on defense when I watch the All 22.  I leave the art of the OL review to @justrelax.  

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They practiced that.  No doubt.  That was awesome. 

It is a very funny video.

However sadly now a days they need to watch out for these kids pulling out a gun and shooting them. 

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

FYI, he is "paying penance" for saying that Hurts showed no development in his career, both in college and in the NFL, that he could never be an NFL level passer, and that the Eagles were wasting their time by developing him.

So what's your endgame.  Ask the discussion board engineers to add merit badges for Hurts supporters.  Scarlet "HH"s for the Hurts Haters.  They all have to change their signature to heap praises on you and RTK?

What do you want?  Because the rest of us are enjoying 3-0 and thinking about the Jags game.

5 minutes ago, devpool said:

That's coaching not to lose and we will lose a game if that continues, just like we almost lost the lions game. You can accidentally scorein the second half, even a field goal. To not do so in two consecutive games is worrisome regardless of circumstance 

I agree to a point. The lions were able to move the ball but the Defense was just shutting down the Vikings and commode doors. And being up three scores I'm fine playing for time and field position. But in the third quarter I do agree we should be more aggressive than we have been.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

So what's your endgame.  Ask the discussion board engineers to add merit badges for Hurts supporters.  Scarlet "HH"s for the Hurts Haters.  They all have to change their signature to heap praises on you and RTK?

What do you want?  Because the rest of us are enjoying 3-0 and thinking about the Jags game.

I think he wants an apology from @4for4EaglesNest. He didn't like his feelings being Hurt...

18 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Another awesome win, a road div win at that. Good job team!

If we start congratulating them, they will lose focus.  It's Dougie P week. 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

McCaffery is a shell of himself and DJ Moore wouldnt be a #1 on about 25 different teams

I don't think you watched McCaffery.  He's still has the speed and runs well.  Their o-line ****s.  

18 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

The reason many of us clamored for almost any other QB was because we want the Eagles to win by passing the ball. And those QBs at that time gave us a better chance at doing so. I know I hate the running QB offense that we employed last year, and that Baltimore still runs. We know how that story ends. In this day and age, you have to win by passing. And for these past two games, Hurts has done exactly that, as both defenses dared him to do so. I'm pleasantly surprised. 

image.jpeg.28223f97cf94463e8cfcaf0d0d4f653d.jpeg

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

The real bandwagon is for the hurts haters.  Clearly the Blog's Hurts hate has fueled his success.  

Just now, NCiggles said:

The real bandwagon is for the hurts haters.  Clearly the Blog's Hurts hate has fueled his success.  

I'd like to think we gave him motivation to succeed.

I'm not that high tho

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

How about no gaslighting? How about when Hurts Haters say stuff like "no one could see this coming," there is some recognition of the fact that a small group of us were pointing out that football experts - like JT O'Sullivan and Greg Cosell - actually did see this coming.

That's what I won't let stand. And you may see it as me just bragging about being right, but I wasn't right. I had no idea what Hurts would look like this year. I am not some qb guru. I just listened to the guys who are, and consistently pointed out that the prevailing sentiment on this board before the season did not line up with what experts were saying.

Sorry if that annoys you, but don't blame me because your grapes are sour.

And I am enjoying the Eagles being 3-0 and looking forward to the Jags game, and not just because it offers up an opportunity for Hurts to struggle, which many on this board are still hoping will happen.

12 hours ago, Khani1 said:

That show blows.  Game of thrones knock off which is terrible.

Yep, Game of Thrones also sucked.  And RTK was the guy who said he didn't understand why people watch marvel movies.  They are 10x better than that medieval ish.

Archived