EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

10 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Agreed.  At least @downundermike has a pair.

The only concerns I have are second half scoring, and running to much.  Does not do near enough to protect himself, and as we saw last week from Trey Lance, it only takes one hit.

Hell, Carson wrecked his ACL on what seemed like a pretty routine dive into the endzone and not much of a hit.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Then crow on your own behalf.  No need attack those who thought differently....on a discussion board.

New here? 

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

It's a message board....what are we doing here if not giving our own opinions? Instead, you sat on the fence, and now are trying to rub the noses of those who offered opinions in the dirt. Get bent. 

You have been hounding RTK for his bad take on Foles for five years. Hypocrite much?

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Has he won the SB yet? Even one playoff game? The last two weeks he has played fine but not a complete game. I also wouldn't say either if the first three teams are playoff teams.

At the very least, he’s shown things that many of us said he could never do. We’ll see where it goes from here. 

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

You have been hounding RTK for his bad take on Foles for five years. Hypocrite much?

That was a horrendous take

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Not a watcher of comic book movies and my idea of comic books was The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.  Couldn’t tell you which comic book hero is from which publishing house.  Space is infinite so Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek and Star Wars should be able to coexist.  

They are in separate universes.   

As to the 'space is infinite'... that idea has so many implications.   I'm not saying it is wrong, just saying that the difference between an infinite universe and a finite universe that is bigger than we can currently observe is a massive difference.  

1 hour ago, Ace Nova said:

Never read these but it has happened before....

Amazon.com: The Marvel/DC Collection: Crossover Classics, Vol. I:  0024885234008: Conway, Gerry, Claremont, Chris: Books

DC vs. Marvel - Wikipedia

blasphemy

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I'd like to think we gave him motivation to succeed.

I'm not that high tho

You have no respect for the football gods.  

32 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Yes, there Oline isnt good. and they may have the worst coaches in the league(Rtk wont talk about that) 

I dont think he will ever be as good, or great as season 1 or season 2 Cmac

Side note, You're right, no ones watched him cause he's missed 25 of the last 35 games lol

So no, I dont think the Panthers have a top 20 offensive talented team

He looked good on Sunday.  I watch them a fair amount.  He still was just as good when he got loose in the secondary.  

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

As to the 'space is infinite'... that idea has so many implications.   I'm not saying it is wrong, just saying that the difference between an infinite universe and a finite universe that is bigger than we can currently observe is a massive difference.  

blasphemy

I was never into DC comics, or the cross overs,

I think the only DC comic book I have was the Batman vs predator series.

Other than that all my comic books are Marvel, Image, or Garfield😊

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

blasphemy

If the universe is infinite, what is it expanding into? If the universe is finite, what is outside of the universe? 

26 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

We didn't just take the almighty JT O'Sullivan (who?) and Greg Cosell's opinions as facts.

I guess we should take all of their opinions as facts.

Projection winner of Week 3 is @MillerTime who came closest with a prediction of 30-10 Eagles. There were a few other close ones but Miller believed the most in Gannons D which ended up giving him the Win. 

Bonus Winners:

@B3 Smith and Brown TD's

@bbabraham AJ Brown Batman Celebration (I don't know what exactly he did on the field but the cape on the bench immediately afterwards swayed my decision)

@BigEFly Wentz fumbles

@Casey @ Bat Brown gets a score or two

@Connecticut Eagle Davis has a highlight worthy play (and was ELITE)

@DrPhilly Wentz sacked 5 times

@FranklinFldEBUpper Wentz throw 0 interceptions

@Godfather Brown TD

@Iggles_Phan More passing TD's than Rushing

@Iggles25 Hurts 2+ passing TD's

@MillerTime Eagles get 5+ sacks

@Next_Up Hurts 3 passing TD's

@Outlaw Reddick first sack of the season

@RememberTheKoy AJ Brown TD

@Shalodeep Wentz gets strip sacked

@Swoop Hurts 3 passing TD's

@Texas Eagle Smith and Brown TD's

I'm going to do my best for this next week, but with not really knowing exactly what Hurricane Ian is going to bring to me yet, there might be some hiccups. Just remember to tag me.

4 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Wasn’t it you who had all the harsh words about trolling?

That is extremely unlikely. In case you (or anyone, really) haven't noticed, I never interject myself into board drama. I remain silent. I never report anyone. I never block anyone. So no, I would not have made any comments about trolling.

3 minutes ago, RLC said:

Guess I'm rooting for the Giants tonight. 

I'm pulling for a tie but I guess best case scenario would be Giants. They would be a complete pretend team at 3-0. I'd rather have that then Cowboys somehow float along with Dak out.

35 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I like the idea of a flag football game but not if the players are going to half arse it.  If they are going to play hard and fly around it could be very entertaining especially without having all the pads and helmet on.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hey guys.  The dozens and dozens of posters who shared the same opinion and doubted Hurts all need to apologize to some random posters on a MB who aren’t Jalen Hurts.  

Fing dumb ish. 

Not apologizing to anyone.  I am still owed an apology from 2016 ( Ruben Randle ) and 2017 ( Foles Super Bowl )

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

I'm pulling for a tie but I guess best case scenario would be Giants. They would be a complete pretend team at 3-0. I'd rather have that then Cowboys somehow float along with Dak out.

Early in the season, hard to figure out who you want to win the division.

I think I lean Giants: Dallas could theoretically make a run at us with Dak eventually coming back + Giants winning games makes it harder for them to draft a QB. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Hey guys.  The dozens and dozens of posters who shared the same opinion and doubted Hurts all need to apologize to some random posters on a MB who aren’t Jalen Hurts.  

Fing dumb ish. 

I will apologize when he continues playing at a high level most of the season (of course every QB has a bad game or 2) and he at least takes us deep in the playoffs, maybe NFCCG.

Archived