Be careful those of you down in the hurricane area. Looks like quite the storm 

F6DF9730-1586-43E2-8D8C-38905AC1B210.jpeg

Real mature 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justrelax
3 hours ago, Doc S. said:

Way behind reading but @FranklinFldEBUpper has him as the Top Punter in the League, according to an earlier post...

If he does, then he is.

@FranklinFldEBUpper is the man!

I clocked some kicks for him a few years ago and came away very impressed. If I screwed up, he noticed and told me so, though very gently. I only did easy stuff, like where a kickoff landed. The snap to toe stuff was too precise for me.

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

Steichen is the Offensive coordinator.  Hurts is an Offensive player.  Epps and Graham are defensive players.  It is up to Gannon to give his players their props.

I am well aware. 

This is in reference to a stream of Hurts criticism over the last few weeks that would have seemed to be satire if I didn’t know better. 

8 minutes ago, 2x2x2x said:

I am well aware. 

This is in reference to a stream of Hurts criticism over the last few weeks that would have seemed to be satire if I didn’t know better. 

If there was ever a time to use this gif it was for this situation 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

It looks like it's not going to be good. I hope you have tied down your double wide.  

If it gets too bad, you can come up to NC and stay with @hputenis or @4for4EaglesNest

Tempting offer, but I’ll have to respectfully decline, seeing as how I’ve already tied down my double wide.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Know Life said:

Tempting offer, but I’ll have to respectfully decline, seeing as how I’ve already tied down my double wide.

spacer.png

I say why limit yourself, throw a few tarps together and see if you can get the whole thing airborne, like a trailer park Up.

but seriously, be careful and stay safe!

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Be careful those of you down in the hurricane area. Looks like quite the storm 

F6DF9730-1586-43E2-8D8C-38905AC1B210.jpeg

people are going to get pounded.

28 minutes ago, justrelax said:

If he does, then he is.

I clocked some kicks for him a few years ago and came away very impressed. If I screwed up, he noticed and told me so, though very gently. I only did easy stuff, like where a kickoff landed. The snap to toe stuff was too precise for me.

To be fair, my understanding of active punters is biased towards guys from the NFC since that’s what we’re exposed to so often. Likewise we see Way twice a year every year because they’re in our division. So I’ve seen him enough over the years to have a very high opinion of him. But yeah, there’s  chance there is someone in the AFC who is as good or better. 

:offtopic:

I made Italian braised short ribs and polenta for dinner tonight.   First time I ever made it...

I will be making this a regular part of the meal rotation.   :drool:

29 minutes ago, 2x2x2x said:

I am well aware. 

Stream of Hurts criticism?  Here in the Blog?  Never!!!

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I made Italian braised short ribs and polenta for dinner tonight.   First time I ever made it...

We have discovered a nice small Italian restaurant in Sacramento that does a dynamite Meatballs over Polenta dish that we really love.  You sound like you have the meat over Polenta part down ... give your favorite meatballs recipe a try.

23 minutes ago, Know Life said:

spacer.png

The word for that in the south is "Namaste"

39 minutes ago, justrelax said:

If he does, then he is.

My thoughts, too. We had some chances for a couple  returns but the guy really can boot it and place it.

Left footer, too.

Some discussion regarding the knuckleball Covey muffed but hey, Top Dog can kick...

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

:towel:

3 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Stream of Hurts criticism?  Here in the Blog?  Never!!!

There is criticism, and there's also realism.  I tend not to sway so quickly and not get caught up in the sports radio/instant gratification business that is so prevalent in the current climate.  I was one of the few who was still thinking a wildcard was still in play last year, even when the team was 3-6.  The back half of the schedule last season was a cupcake.  That's what the first half of this season's schedule is.  

Hurts has done a very good job this season so far.  I thought he wasn't particularly good against DET, and has been really good/excellent against MIN and WAS.  I'm approaching this season in 6-game segments so as to not get too high or too low.  He's halfway through the first segment of the schedule and all is trending upward -- 3-0 record, showing prowess with his arm as much or more than his legs.  All good stuff -- but it's been against the 24th, 25th, and 31st ranked defenses of the past season.

As luck would have it the 6th game this season will be hosting DAL; a team with a strong defense who has bested Hurts twice already.  The first step in being a contender is winning the division.  The Eagles need to beat Dallas, also Hurts needs to play well against them.  I have high hopes we can see 300+ pass yards and a win against the Turds in Week 6.   

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I keep seeing this gif being used for things.  Is his mouth supposed to look like horrible CGI?

Nope that’s just his actual mouth.

Thats a great show that I’d recommend to anybody 

Update... I might have eaten too much.  Is that possible?   

Paired with 4 Hands Brewing Co. Chocolate Milk Stout.  

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Braised = Can't stop.

Not your fault...

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Bonita Springs, Lee County. Not thrilled the storm is taking more of an eastward turn than the models predicted. 

Annnnnd I just got the mandatory evacuation alert. 

Be safe. Maybe Ron can put you on a plane to Martha’s Vineyard. How’s your Spanish?

54 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yum.

I sear grilled a London Broil that I had in a bourbon based marinade for three days. Hickory and cherry for the smoke. 

44 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sangiovese would pair really well with the meal.  I did a bourbon barrel meritage with mine. Pairing bourbon with bourbon.

1 minute ago, BigEFly said:

Sangiovese would pair really well with the meal.  I did a bourbon barrel meritage with mine. Pairing bourbon with bourbon.

Probably a sacrilege to say, but I have to say... I'm not a fan of drinking wine.  Wine for cooking... sure, but when it comes time to drink it, I just don't like it.   Give me a nice malty beer instead.  Hmmm.... Bourbon barrel ale would have been another nice pairing.   Although, maybe I'd like a bourbon barrel red wine.

My sister-in-law brought me this beer for Sunday's Korean BBQ I made.   Did a bulgogi sauce for flanken ribs.  Very nice stout.  

Archived