EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

18 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Yeah, but I kinda like it when we're only having to field kickoffs about once or twice a game. 

Will Siposs get the boot?  He kicked a couple short punts into the endzone this past game, and I heard they they looked at a new guy last week...

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was actually Cox who was chasing after Wentz, if I know the play youre referencing

Fletch has had somewhat of a resurgence, which is surprising to me because it looks like he added weight. Maybe thats just his better playing weight

8 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

This is good, right?

Well not if those 3 and outs were avoided through a QB run, then the judges award less yards and points for it. 

24 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Two on the one, with the other gunner being manned up alone. Paschal dropped back to try to neutralize the guy who was 1-on-1.

Not directed at you in particular, but I've seen this a bunch... We signed Zach PASCAL.   There is no 'h'.

9 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

This is good, right?

It is and it indicates why the 49ers are a dangerous team... and the Patriots.  

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

As is you two smelling your own farts.

heal thyself

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

and a 3rd fart smeller has entered the chat.

It has been an interesting and fun conversation.

thanks to everyone who has added either comments or fragrance or both

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

It's less the kickoffs than the punts. I have no issue with Covey, but the blocking completely sucks. I'd prefer Covey on kicks as well as punts but the other 10 guys have to shape up. That's the bigger problem.

Covey was the returner on at leash one kickoff if I remember correctly 

A breakdown of Jordan Davis' snaps, which can also be used as a breakdown of Williams and Tuipulotu since they are on the field together a lot in five-man fronts.

(356) Jordan Davis vs Washington - YouTube

Of the three, I think Williams looks the most underwhelming. Which is surprising since I thought he was ready to take a step forward this year. Also nice to see them mixing in Davis as a DT in a 4-3.

10 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It is and it indicates why the 49ers are a dangerous team... and the Patriots.  

Probably "were" for them.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Probably "were" for them.

The Pats are top 3 in fewest offensive 3 and outs and top 2 in most defensive 3 and outs.  That will translate to wins if they can maintain it.  

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Not directed at you in particular, but I've seen this a bunch... We signed Zach PASCAL.   There is no 'h'.

Sidney (not Sydney) Jones says hello.

But thanks.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The Pats are top 3 in fewest offensive 3 and outs and top 2 in most defensive 3 and outs.  That will translate to wins if they can maintain it.  

Yes, I just meant that now that it's the Brian Hoyer/Bailey Zappe show, I doubt that maintains. 

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Sidney (not Sydney) Jones says hello.

But thanks.

I only care, because my wife does.   :lol:.  That's her maiden name... and she's super proud to have an Eagles' player with her name on the back.   She wants a Pascal #3 jersey now.   That's going to be tough to find without a custom order.

10 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Covey was the returner on at leash one kickoff if I remember correctly 

There was only one kickoff, other than the onside kick, and Slye hit it into the seats. But yes, Covey was back there. Thank goodness they came to their senses and benched Watkins.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yes, I just meant that now that it's the Brian Hoyer/Bailey Zappe show, I doubt that maintains. 

Oh... I missed that change at QB.  

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Oh... I missed that change at QB.  

Jones has a high ankle sprain that needs surgery and is basically trying to find a second opinion that he doesn't. He'll be out for awhile, I'd guess. 

22 hours ago, mattwill said:

His punts really had height on them.  I'll be interested to hear what their hang time was from Franklin's weekly Special Teams Blog entry.

Way behind reading but @FranklinFldEBUpper has him as the Top Punter in the League, according to an earlier post...

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Williams and Gainwell’s lack of progress, bothers me.  I was looking forward to seeing both of them this year.  Still time.  

Gainwell is a head-scratcher for sure. I wonder how long it will be before Trey Sermon gets a shot. 

I thought Williams played well last year, and was somewhat hoping for a jump in his second year. It's a shame because he has measurables that are off the chart, but it hasn't shown up in games so far. But Tuipulotu making plays is something I never expected.

6 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Trying to catch up - any notable injuries for us?

Nothing put out there yet. Seems like a lot of guys just got dinged up last game. 

Justin Jefferson got Jalen Reagor stink all over him. Only 9 receptions and 62 yards combined the last two games. 

Archived