EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Like to meet up for a cup of coffee, discuss our Dry Rub recipes. Expect no resolutions tho, so individual to taste.

Got my Springer Puppy from an Amish family in Lancaster, does that count? He's spicy...and wears an Eagles hat.

IMG_0495.thumb.jpg.28ee3d37cf8ff0c9c49b85d031ac2687.jpg

Indeed.  I also got my labradoodle pup from Lancaster.   

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wild how people are fine with Covey yet had some huge issue with Ward at PR.  They are both completely ineffective at getting a big return on punts but at least Ward didn't muff them.  Biggest letdown of the preseason was how they didn't rotate more players in at PR and KR to see if anyone could show anything there.  

Ward is not explosive. Never was. Covey hasnt been explosive in the NFL yet, but is fast and has had explosive plays in college which was only just last season for him.

Give him a little time, more than 3 games in his career. Ward on the other hand, had a lot of time. Didnt develop, and never really had any upside to expect development. 

They are obviously different players. Not really comparable.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Wild how people are fine with Covey yet had some huge issue with Ward at PR.  They are both completely ineffective at getting a big return on punts but at least Ward didn't muff them.  Biggest letdown of the preseason was how they didn't rotate more players in at PR and KR to see if anyone could show anything there.  

You could see how aggravated Covey was at that muff. We should treat it as an outlier and he hasn't been bad in punt return and obv worth keeping on the practice squad.

Just hoping there's a chance for Allen to step up to the plate.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Something tells me you didn't think Greg Ward was fine at PR.  

Projecting more racism eh? Just have the stones to say it

Something tells me you didn't think Greg Ward was fine at PR.  

Nope Ward proved useless back there. 

Why can’t covey improve? Can’t a player improve after 3 games?

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

They need three rookie seasons like hurts

ward was a hurts supporter so no i dont want him on the team anymore

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Ward is not explosive. Never was. Covey hasnt been explosive in the NFL yet, but is fast and has had explosive plays in college which was only just last season for him.

Give him a little time, more than 3 games in his career. Ward on the other hand, had a lot of time. Didnt develop, and never really had any upside to expect development. 

They are obviously different players. Not really comparable.

He has had more than 3 games.  He was returning punts in preseason and showed nothing then either.  Covey is giving nothing at all at PR and he had the bad muff.  PR is absolutely an area where the Eagles should try to improve midseason.  Preferably someone who can also serve as a KR as well.  

3 minutes ago, Eagz said:

You could see how aggravated Covey was at that muff. We should treat it as an outlier and he hasn't been bad in punt return and obv worth keeping on the practice squad.

Just hoping there's a chance for Allen to step up to the plate.

He's at the point where if they want to keep bringing him up they need to sign him to the active roster.  He isn't worth an active roster spot.  

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He has had more than 3 games.  He was returning punts in preseason and showed nothing then either.  Covey is giving nothing at all at PR and he had the bad muff.  PR is absolutely an area where the Eagles should try to improve midseason.  Preferably someone who can also serve as a KR as well.  

Yeah. As stated numerous times in here in the past 1 hour, all in this discussion are in agreement it is time to give Allen a shot at the job before elevating Covey to the 53.

Also, Covey should have been given a shot at returning kicks. Not just punts.

3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Projecting more racism eh? Just have the stones to say it

You want to cry victim over something huh?  I'm pointing out his hypocrisy of saying someone as ineffective in the PR game as Covey was most definitely someone that didn't at all think Ward was "just fine" at PR.  They were both as ineffective returning punts.   At least Ward didn't muff punts.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He's at the point where if they want to keep bringing him up they need to sign him to the active roster.  He isn't worth an active roster spot.  

Yeah which is why I'm happy to see what Allen can do this week if he's elevated, rather than seeing Covey promoted to the 53.

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

After JR Reed I'm happy when their PR doesn't dive for the ball.

White people can't improve. We hear ya 🤣

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Ward could at least be depended on catching the punt.  Covey is just as useless at getting any yards on a return.  He has shown no flashes, nothing whatsoever in the preseason or in the regular season to at all suggest that he has anything to offer returning punts.  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Indeed.  I also got my labradoodle pup from Lancaster.   

Yeah but can he/she cook like you?

:smoke:

My guy yells at me if I change a recipe...

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

Ward could at least be depended on catching the punt.  Covey is just as useless at getting any yards on a return.  He has shown no flashes, nothing whatsoever in the preseason or in the regular season to at all suggest that he has anything to offer returning punts.  

Wrong

15 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Judge just hit 61 in the Dome. Damn.

Whoever got the ball is gonna get paid in pounds… 

2 minutes ago, Eagz said:

Yeah which is why I'm happy to see what Allen can do this week if he's elevated, rather than seeing Covey promoted to the 53.

I doubt they let elevate Allen to return punts.  For whatever reason they didn't really give him any chances to return punts in preseason.  They should have been rotating all sorts of players through there until someone showed any hint of being able to do something.  

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Whoever got the ball is gonna get paid in pounds… 

Went into the jays bullpen lol

I wish they had then thrown it up into the stands 

3 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Yeah but can he/she cook like you?

:smoke:

My guy yells at me if I change a recipe...

Mine is the official taste tester.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I doubt they let elevate Allen to return punts.  For whatever reason they didn't really give him any chances to return punts in preseason.  They should have been rotating all sorts of players through there until someone showed any hint of being able to do something.  

What are our options then? Promote Covey to the 53?

23 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Interesting that you don’t like the not very good Covey, but the not very good Ward is OK.  I could be like you and make an assumption.

Off topic.

In about 3 weeks, a new ISP is coming to install 1 gigabit fiber internet and is providing a 2 unit Eero Pro 6 system for the wifi.

I currently have a modem, and nighthawk dual band router which covers the whole house well.

I dont know what the hell wifi 6 is, other than it is supposed to be better. And I dont know what a mesh system is other than it is supposed to be better than my single router.

BUT

- Is a mesh system necessary in a small house? Do you need a bunch of those little units to have really strong signal, even in a small house?

For instance, eventually (hopefully soon) we will have a TV, and maybe some ipads and a PS5 in the finished basement. 3 smart TVs on the 1st floor, as well as a PC, and typically where we are while using our phones on wifi. And there is a smart TV upstairs.

Considering the size of the house (pretty small) cant this all be covered by 1 Eero? Or would we need 2, or even 3 (one for each floor?).

Im trying to figure out if I need to buy a 3rd, or if 2 is plenty.

Maybe with 2 I can get by with just one in the house, and one out in the detached garage when that gets built?

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Ward let more punts roll than any other returner I can recall.  He had terrible awareness of when to catch and when to let it roll.  Had he even just fair caught those punts the Eagles field position would have been so much better in quite a few games.  

Covey hasn't impressed me at all but I wouldn't rather have Ward back there.  I'd rather them cross train someone on the team instead of using a call up or roster spot on a guy that might play 5 snaps per game.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is busy with a family issue currently, and that is a job for the mods

Yeah, I get it.

It was a post for VABeachEagle only, as I respect what he does.

Humor attached.

I had already reached out in the Tech thread regarding the issue. 

That was the serious aspect, in case it was Board-wide.

Thanks for supervising.

Anything else?

Archived