EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I'm not a fan of smoking something that thing. I usually cook 2 types of pork chops. Thin ones, sounds like what you cooked. I sear them off in a cast iron pan with some butter for 2 minutes a side. My son loves those. 

The other is a thicker, about an inch thick sometimes bone in chop. Those ones I reverse sear. Smoker until 145 and then again, sear it off on a cast iron pan.

Side note, I have yet to find one mccormicks  rub/mix I like

My mom's maiden name is McCormick and I've yet to see any royalties...🤷‍♂️

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Congrats to Hurts. Hopefully he continues

On his way to MVP like most of us said before this season. 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Dated a McCormick in high school, they lived down the street from us. weird, spunky, hot lil blonde. too weird for me as an adult though. 

My mom is brunette sorry ...😁

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Dated a McCormick in high school, they lived down the street from us. weird, spunky, hot lil blonde. too weird for me as an adult though. 

pics or it didnt happen.

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

On his way to MVP like most of us said before this season. 

Absolutely. SB in his real rookie season. Amazing stuff

I just noticed that the 2 sundays I have to work in October, the eagles have late games. I wont be too far behind when I have to catch up on the Arizona game. And Ill be home in time for the night game the next week. Pumped about that!

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Absolutely. SB in his real rookie season. Amazing stuff

Amazing. and yet, we all saw it coming.

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just let us know when you’re "live” so we can post about the games.  

wont be an issue for the Cowboys night game. But for the AZ game, maybe just post on west coast time. 

I can see several scenarios where we lose on Sunday.  They have a talented front 7, which will also be the first 3-4 defense we play this season.  Doug can outcoach Gannon.  There are always special teams, turnovers, and referees.

That said, I still think we have a better roster.  Playing at home.  And our D is on a roll.

Eagles 27 - Jags 17

@LeanMeanGM

It's pretty obvious that the players in the locker room that work just as hard are going to be miffed by this.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I can see several scenarios where we lose on Sunday.  They have a talented front 7, which will also be the first 3-4 defense we play this season.  Doug can outcoach Gannon.  There are always special teams, turnovers, and referees.

That said, I still think we have a better roster.  Playing at home.  And our D is on a roll.

Eagles 27 - Jags 17

@LeanMeanGM

Im curious to see just how far Lawrence has come from last season with a few ok OL in front of him. 

I think the somewhat scary thing is, Im not sure how to attack him yet. Hopefully there has been enough film this year for our coaching staff to figure it out.

Do you blitz him? I think I read he is doing well against the blitz this year. And Im not sure you want him to be running around. Hes fast.

Im thinking this may be a game where you try to confuse him with coverages, and hope the front 4 can get home on their own. His weapons arent that scary. Kirk is fine but our secondary should have no trouble with a skill group consisting of Kirk as its #1.

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Eagles 27 - Jags 17

@LeanMeanGM

The Jags have had a strange season so far. Lose to the Commanders then blow out the Colts and Chargers, albeit with Herbert clearly hampered. 

But I can't get past the fact we put up 150 more yards of offense on Washington then they did, and I think their offense has benefitted from turnovers forced by the defense. So if we take care of the ball and prevent big running plays, I don't see how they win. 

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

The Jags have had a strange season so far. Lose to the Commanders then blow out the Colts and Chargers, albeit with Herbert clearly hampered. 

But I can't get past the fact we put up 150 more yards of offense on Washington then they did, and I think their offense has benefitted from turnovers forced by the defense. So if we take care of the ball and prevent big running plays, I don't see how they win. 

Jags had 383 yards against Washington, we had 400.  17 yard difference.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Jags had 383 yards against Washington, we had 400.  17 yard difference.

I had it confused. Washington gained 390 against jax, we gave up 240 to them. 

1 minute ago, garingovt2000 said:

Eagles 31 - Jags 22

Davis gets his first sack.  Goedert scores 2 times

@LeanMeanGM

9 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

It's pretty obvious that the players in the locker room that work just as hard are going to be miffed by this.

this one will

image.png.13d225dd9d51d60c12dde71fd6fe3bb8.png

4 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

I had it confused. Washington gained 390 against jax, we gave up 240 to them. 

I am sure you can come up with a new way to do math to justify it  :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

F that.  If people are to dumb to follow the rules and tag @LeanMeanGM they should miss out.

Archived