EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Texas Eagle said:

We don’t run a 53 man squad anymore. The extra player is dead weight apparently.

The extra player eats up cap dollars.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Also, Covey should have been given a shot at returning kicks. Not just punts.

Covey was the KOR for the 2nd Half Kickoff on Sunday at FedEx Field.

3 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I go to Lancaster County and buy my spices from the Amish.  And make my own rub mixes.   

I have one for Turkey (Dark Meat), Turkey (Light Meat), Pork, Chicken and Beef.  Trouble I have with the beef is that its great... but I can't remember my ratios exactly.  :lol:.   Sounds like I have tons more experimenting to do.   

@Iggles_Phan Where in Lancaster?  McCormick is just down I83 for me so I can get pretty fresh spices from them. I grow my own thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, tarragon, sage, chives, marjoram, cilantro (when the heat allows and when not, my own coriander), parsley (Italian and curled), mint, lavender and, of course, my own peppers including ancho (poblanos), Chipotle, cayaenne, chili (a variety of Hatches, Anaheim) and Paprika (including smoked).  I really want to grow Mexican Oregano and cumin but can’t find the seeds.  Any idea where I could get either.  Curious what the Amish grow that I can’t?  Let me know so I can try to plant.  My oregano, sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram and parsley are pretty hardy and available in winter  The first twelve, except basil and rosemary self seed or keep growing.  My basil is close to flowering  I am selectively harvesting the leaves this year and my try to let it seed.  I did that with some curled parsley this year and it seems to work  

I also grow catnip for my critters. Container and away from any other growing surfaces because it, like mint, can be such a weed. 

Latern flies are here in abundance. Pretty sure that’s what got my beans, cucumbers and especially my zucchini this year. Last year I killed a half dozen or so. This year, I kill about that many the first fifteen minutes I am out in the yard. I saw some on the peppers but the seem resilient and they left my tomatoes and tomatillos alone. Ignored the strawberries too. Did you have any issues with them?  Ladybugs love my kale and the broccoli. The latter was an epic failure. On pathetic flower for way too much space and it so shaded my celery that it quit on me. I hate broccoli (George HW was right!) and grew it for the wife.  Never again  

Next year I plan to add arbol and guajillo to my peppers. F the broccoli, in the space I provided for those I can add both peppers.  

Tomatoes were over abundant this year.  Birds or squirrels got my attempt at sundried. Last Romas are going in my dehydrator this week. 

Anybody need any habaneros?  My plants are overproducing and I just don’t need that many. Frigging two plants going crazy. 

2 hours ago, bpac55 said:

Ward let more punts roll than any other returner I can recall.  He had terrible awareness of when to catch and when to let it roll.  Had he even just fair caught those punts the Eagles field position would have been so much better in quite a few games.  

Covey hasn't impressed me at all but I wouldn't rather have Ward back there.  I'd rather them cross train someone on the team instead of using a call up or roster spot on a guy that might play 5 snaps per game.

I’d rather see a homeless person returning punts than Ward 

3 hours ago, justwinbaby said:

Yeah I had higher hopes for Covey as the punt returner but there's guys in his face almost immediately so it's hard to tell where the fault lies either him or the coverage. I do want to see what Allen has though. Couldn't hurt as long as he isn't turning the ball over. 

That's because opposing punters are getting insanely high hangtimes on their punts. It's an anomaly that will normalize soon enough. At that point the return game should pick up. 

3 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Whoever got the ball is gonna get paid in pounds… 

King Charles gets the proceeds; that’s how it works now.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He is unquestionably a better punt returner than Covey.  

DeSean Jackson has been a below average punt returner ever since his walk-off touchdown against the Giants. That was almost twelve years ago. After that return, he decided that his best strategy was to try to recreate that play, so he would constantly field punts, retreat, and then try to bust a big play, only to get very little. I think he only averaged about five yards a return after that. Jackson's declining years as a punt returner were even worse than Reagor.

So yeah, I think I'd prefer Covey-now over Jackson-now.

2 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Been so long since the media gushed about the Eagles. I don't like it.

If you told me a month ago this team’s biggest issues through 3 weeks would be they only beat teams by 3 scores instead of dropping the hammer down in the second half and the media was calling them the best team in the league, I’d take it. Comes with the territory. Enjoy it for what it is as of now. 

7 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Chick Parm is great.  But take your ghey cooking talk elsewhere Chef Boytardee

You got it, Gaydon Ramgay. 

4 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have smoked with pecan shells added to some wood.  Nice added sweat flavor.  Wife got the pecan shells from a general store down in Savannah. @Outlaw

$1 says you smoke more pole than meat!

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He wanted out of the Rams because his contract was built mostly on incentives that it was clear he wouldn't have a chance to hit them with the rate the Rams were using them.  Don't sign him to some incentive based contract based on offensive production.  If you want to build incentives into the deal do so around punt returns.  

Well your track record has basically blown to crap your credibility with the major Ls you have taken on Hurts and Strong.  

Maybe that amateur psychologist was right about you after all. I think perhaps the "R” stands for Rainman. 

I spent about four minutes looking up DeSean Jackson's punt return stats starting in 2011, the year after his famous return. Since then, over a span of eleven seasons, he has returned 41 punts for 203 yards and zero touchdowns. That's less than five yards a return. It comes out to about 4.95 yards per return. It's pretty bad. Given his age now, I'd expect it to be even worse.

So basically suggesting that he would be the ideal punt returner for the Eagles going forward is pretty idiotic.

3 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

Hey guys, we should see if Brian Mitchell will come back to return kicks

There’s only one man for the job

image.jpeg.d8e1437e05432408cc2cf78227968d51.jpeg

Mr. Jeremy Bloom

17 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I spent about four minutes looking up DeSean Jackson's punt return stats starting in 2011, the year after his famous return. Since then, over a span of eleven seasons, he has returned 41 punts for 203 yards and zero touchdowns. That's less than five yards a return. It comes out to about 4.95 yards per return. It's pretty bad. Given his age now, I'd expect it to be even worse.

So basically suggesting that he would be the ideal punt returner for the Eagles going forward is pretty idiotic.

Facts. Your move, @RememberTheKoy

7 hours ago, Doc S. said:

@VaBeach_Eagle yo Brother, get off your recliner and hold some obscure sumb@tch accountable....:whistle:

Seriously tho, Laughing here, for a Publicly ( Us)  funded private Platform, it runs very well, little glitches are expected. 

I'll call Edwin into my office tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Ward could at least be depended on catching the punt.  Covey is just as useless at getting any yards on a return.  He has shown no flashes, nothing whatsoever in the preseason or in the regular season to at all suggest that he has anything to offer returning punts.  

image.jpeg.17a26a66dca50bf82671bd4554fe15e1.jpeg

No he couldn’t. That was one of the biggest complaints with Ward. He often times let the ball roll past, costing us many yards in FP. The safety Wentz took in Cleveland was a direct result of Ward not bothering to catch the ball. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

image.jpeg.17a26a66dca50bf82671bd4554fe15e1.jpeg

No he couldn’t. That was one of the biggest complaints with Ward. He often times let the ball roll past, costing us many yards in FP. The safety Wentz took in Cleveland was a direct result of Ward not bothering to catch the ball. 

Blah blah blah Ward was a reliable player that's unfairly hated blah blah blah more excuses for Wentz because you want Hurts to fail blah blah blah disingenuous blah

6 hours ago, BigEFly said:

@Iggles_Phan Where in Lancaster?  McCormick is just down I83 for me so I can get pretty fresh spices from them. I grow my own thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, tarragon, sage, chives, marjoram, cilantro (when the heat allows and when not, my own coriander), parsley (Italian and curled), mint, lavender and, of course, my own peppers including ancho (poblanos), Chipotle, cayaenne, chili (a variety of Hatches, Anaheim) and Paprika (including smoked).  I really want to grow Mexican Oregano and cumin but can’t find the seeds.  Any idea where I could get either.  Curious what the Amish grow that I can’t?  Let me know so I can try to plant.  My oregano, sage, thyme, rosemary, marjoram and parsley are pretty hardy and available in winter  The first twelve, except basil and rosemary self seed or keep growing.  My basil is close to flowering  I am selectively harvesting the leaves this year and my try to let it seed.  I did that with some curled parsley this year and it seems to work  

I also grow catnip for my critters. Container and away from any other growing surfaces because it, like mint, can be such a weed. 

Latern flies are here in abundance. Pretty sure that’s what got my beans, cucumbers and especially my zucchini this year. Last year I killed a half dozen or so. This year, I kill about that many the first fifteen minutes I am out in the yard. I saw some on the peppers but the seem resilient and they left my tomatoes and tomatillos alone. Ignored the strawberries too. Did you have any issues with them?  Ladybugs love my kale and the broccoli. The latter was an epic failure. On pathetic flower for way too much space and it so shaded my celery that it quit on me. I hate broccoli (George HW was right!) and grew it for the wife.  Never again  

Next year I plan to add arbol and guajillo to my peppers. F the broccoli, in the space I provided for those I can add both peppers.  

Tomatoes were over abundant this year.  Birds or squirrels got my attempt at sundried. Last Romas are going in my dehydrator this week. 

Anybody need any habaneros?  My plants are overproducing and I just don’t need that many. Frigging two plants going crazy. 

I go to a little Amish grocery store in Centerville.  They sell it for pennies compared to retail.  Just as an example... Granulated Garlic is about $1.75 for a 1/4 lb.  By comparison, 3 oz of McCormick Garlic is over $4 at the local grocery store.  There's another a little further east (Hillside) I go to sometimes that has a garden center attached.  Great bedding plants, much better than the local nurseries... both in health and doubly in price.

The lantern flies were bad here a couple years ago, now they are in very low numbers.   And it turns out that some of the local predators finally started to recognize them as food.  My wife watched one day as a cardinal swooped down and grabbed one to eat it, and then immediately fly up to grab a second.  All within about 30 seconds.  Those things are terrible flyers, honestly.  So, don't get too down about them.  The ecosystem, at least here, seems to have been able to absorb them after the initial rush of them, and now they are just another bug for the most part.   

7 hours ago, BigEFly said:

If I haven’t sent you this before, I love this little place for the variety of pepper and tomato plants they have. 

it has been a few years but it used to be a spring ritual every year taking a beautiful drive and picking up my plants. My brother used to have them shipped to FL. 

https://www.chileplants.com

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

DeSean Jackson has been a below average punt returner ever since his walk-off touchdown against the Giants. That was almost twelve years ago. After that return, he decided that his best strategy was to try to recreate that play, so he would constantly field punts, retreat, and then try to bust a big play, only to get very little. I think he only averaged about five yards a return after that. Jackson's declining years as a punt returner were even worse than Reagor.

Oh you're so racist you don't even know! 

Care to respond to him, @RememberTheKoy?

7 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

He was also a situational punt returner ever since then....basically, his coaches were asking him to try to recreate that play when they were desperate for one.  So his approach to a PR was very different.

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Off topic.

In about 3 weeks, a new ISP is coming to install 1 gigabit fiber internet and is providing a 2 unit Eero Pro 6 system for the wifi.

I currently have a modem, and nighthawk dual band router which covers the whole house well.

I dont know what the hell wifi 6 is, other than it is supposed to be better. And I dont know what a mesh system is other than it is supposed to be better than my single router.

BUT

- Is a mesh system necessary in a small house? Do you need a bunch of those little units to have really strong signal, even in a small house?

For instance, eventually (hopefully soon) we will have a TV, and maybe some ipads and a PS5 in the finished basement. 3 smart TVs on the 1st floor, as well as a PC, and typically where we are while using our phones on wifi. And there is a smart TV upstairs.

Considering the size of the house (pretty small) cant this all be covered by 1 Eero? Or would we need 2, or even 3 (one for each floor?).

Im trying to figure out if I need to buy a 3rd, or if 2 is plenty.

Maybe with 2 I can get by with just one in the house, and one out in the detached garage when that gets built?

If the walls of your house aren't thick, one router may do, but if the ISP are giving 2, I'd take them and let them install it.  You can always turn one off and see if it causes any issues when at high capacity, but if any more devices come into the house or anyone WFH, the network is ready to go.

11 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Yeah he was a joke, one that you fully bought into believing had any future here beyond a backup QB.  

I was on the Strong Bandwagon for sure and why wouldn't I be, the dude had great college stats, had a big arm and many had him being drafted, some in the first round.

He was considered a huge get by many as a UDFA, so what happened???

Nobody including you knows, it's a mystery, eagles gave him limited practice snaps and a couple meaningless garbage time pre season snaps.

After he was cut a video emerges of him in a practice throwing darts all over the field🤷‍♂️

Rumors persist that maybe he had a bad attitude, his response to the eagles after being cut suggest otherwise.

He's currently a free agent, so how does a guy with really good college production really good arm talent, stay a FA.

One could say well it's obvious he sucks, yet seeing as we haven't seen him play in a real game how can we know he sucks, I've seen qbs with far worse talent and college productio get snaps in pre season and do far worse and get signed by other teams.

So what gives with Strong??? Most likely explanation is his knee.

Teams don't want to put resources, time, money,  Into a player with a degenerative knee that will force him out of the league in a couple years.

That's really the most likely explanation that makes a reasonable amount of sense.

If that's not the case then I'd sure like to hear from the eagles why they gave him a huge signing bonus then never let him play then cut him with...🤷‍♂️

Archived