EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

20 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What exactly with the loyalty to Kern if they end up keeping him on the roster and playing him in the Super Bowl? He is so clearly the worst player in the team and a major liability.  The recent comments by Siposs that he is healthy and ready to go but it isn't his call is very concerning. 

Siposs certainly isn't a great punter but Kern is the worst I've ever seen. 

Patience grasshopper. Because of the NFL’s suspension of Sills the Eagles roster has one vacancy.  Siposs can slide right into that spot.  If that happens Kern will be inactive on game day and Siposs will be active,  Kern gets a Super Bowl pay check that way.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Utebird said:

Lots of guys run fast on the track but on the field get caught from behind 

Westbrook was a 4.5 guy but looked liked the fastest guy in the field 

Pacheco is kind of one note runner, full speed straight ahead, has build up speed but still gets caught from behind plenty.

I'm not worried about him or the KC running game.

I think eagles D line will shut down KC running game 

hes fast. One the field.

Thats one reason why I loved him in the draft. He was a guy who had everything, and somehow under the radar.

I agree with this.  I'm not worried about their running game.  screen game is a different story.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The fastest RB at the combine last year lacks breakaway speed :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

image.png.637e93b77c652f3675261ea5a2645397.png

Like I said Westbrook ran a 4.5 and was the fastest guy on the field, emmitt Smith ran a 4.6 he was rarely caught from behind.

Pacheco ran fast in a track, yet the eye ball test shows that he gets caught from behind often.

What made a guy like Westbrook so dangerous was he could stop on a dime and instantly reach top speed, his stop and start speed was difficult to account for,Pacheco is a different runner, he's straightline build up speed and if one can get him to stop his feet and redirect takes him a bit to reach top speed, he's been caught in the open field from behind more times than I can remember him busting a long one and out running guys 

Miles Sanders has a slower 40 time than Pacheco but he gets a lane and he's gone, not too many guys are going to chase him down as he has explosive long football speed.

But yeah let's act like 40 times in shorts directly translate to the football field...😒

12 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Lots of guys run fast on the track but on the field get caught from behind 

Westbrook was a 4.5 guy but looked liked the fastest guy in the field 

Pacheco is kind of one note runner, full speed straight ahead, has build up speed but still gets caught from behind plenty.

I'm not worried about him or the KC running game.

I think eagles D line will shut down KC running game 

This play was the fastest play in the divisional round

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

hes fast. One the field.

Thats one reason why I loved him in the draft. He was a guy who had everything, and somehow under the radar.

He has a long of 32.

Like I said he's a straight line speed guy.

Even when he gets an open lane into the open field he's been caught from behind this year more than I can remember him out running anyone for a long one.

40 times don't always translate to the football field, and while he's by no means slow he's not a guy I'm worried about ripping a big one.

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

If you were building a team and you were given the opportunity, would you rather take a prime Peters or a prime Lane?

It's tough. Let's assume both can play each tackle spot the same so there's no "LT because it's more valuable" or anything.

I might be using recency bias here because Jason Peters currently is infected with Cowboy Cooties, but I'm going to go with Lane.

Hurts does not passively let the run game do anything. He is the MVP of NFL running games. The Eagles run for 77 a game when he is out and about 172 when he plays. He does this with his skillset, his power, and his ability to read the defense on every play while exposing the best player on that D by running the play at and then around them.

They are the #1 rushing TD team in NFL History. Ask Micah Parsons and Fred Warner how much fun it is to face Hurts in the run game.

That 172 number is artificially low from the blowouts when the Eagles went into clock killing mode for a half or a 4th quarter. (more 50 second runs but less yards)

It was bizarre how week after week we also watched the other team kill clock by giving up and running 12 play 5 1/2 minute FG / turnover drives when down 17+

Its also a bit lower because they did not try to run much vs the Titans because their pass D was abysmal. (7 runs for 16 yards with Minshew / 17/51 with Hurts) 41 passes to 24 runs.

Even in the DC loss they ran for 94 yards on 20 carries at 4.7 per but 4 turnovers in the passing game (3 legit) took away the chance to run 30+ times.

Hurts was 8-0 before clowns shouted DC has the blueprint! and he is 8-0 after that blather.

At this point if you don't understand his impact then its a you problem.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Look dude I never said he was slow, I just said his speed doesn't worry me, 

Jalen reagor as a rookie on his PR TD hit one the highest top speeds of the year yet no one is worried about jaken reagor consistently beating them.

Like I said Pacheco jas good straight line speed and if one can get him to stop his feet and redirect he takes a bit to build up that speed 

But again let's act like 40 times and a top speed on one play means the guy is a threat to take it to the house every time he touched the ball 

Against the Bengals he was 10 for 26, that 4.3 speed didn't seem to help much...

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m curious if this was a Reddick choice or a Gannon point of emphasis. 

Can just one Fing non-Eagles media person admit that Reddick is a stud? Talking about his "gamble" like he isn't 4.5 fast and been killing guys all year.

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

I’m curious if this was a Reddick choice or a Gannon point of emphasis. 

I think its what Gannon asks the pass rusher to do. Both Sweat and Reddick just go straight to the QB on almost every play, and they try to get in the backfield to either get the QB or disrupt the mesh point. They have enough faith in the interior to stop the run and the speed of the LBs to get to the outside.

This has burned them in the past with more mobile QBs that are able to break contain.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Hurts does not passively let the run game do anything. He is the MVP of NFL running games. The Eagles run for 77 a game when he is out and about 172 when he plays. He does this with his skillset, his power, and his ability to read the defense on every play while exposing the best player on that D by running the play at and then around them.

They are the #1 rushing TD team in NFL History. Ask Micah Parsons and Fred Warner how much fun it is to face Hurts in the run game.

That 172 number is artificially low from the blowouts when the Eagles went into clock killing mode for a half or a 4th quarter. (more 50 second runs but less yards)

It was bizarre how week after week we also watched the other team kill clock by giving up and running 12 play 5 1/2 minute FG / turnover drives when down 17+

Its also a bit lower because they did not try to run much vs the Titans because their pass D was abysmal. (7 runs for 16 yards with Minshew / 17/51 with Hurts) 41 passes to 24 runs.

Even in the DC loss they ran for 94 yards on 20 carries at 4.7 per but 4 turnovers in the passing game (3 legit) took away the chance to run 30+ times.

Hurts was 8-0 before clowns shouted DC has the blueprint! and he is 8-0 after that blather.

At this point if you don't understand his impact then its a you problem.

Yup Hurts isn't a product of the system, he is the system.

20 minutes ago, mattwill said:

All good points … points that are from an Eagles perspective.  There is only one Stoutland, and the other non-Eagles GMs will look at all those pluses with more uncertainty than the Eagles will.  Further, very few NFL front offices are as committed to the Trenches … building from the inside out … as the Eagles are. And even for the ones who are similarly Trenches oriented there are two other more advanced OTs in Skoronski and Johnson, plus Carter, Anderson, Wilson, Murphy, all of whom will appeal as much as Jones does.

JMO

That’s a fair point, and perhaps some teams will be more risk averse.

That said, it’s not like he is a mediocre lineman with good upside. He’s already NFL ready but with big upside. So I’d imagine that unless a team thinks they are 1 OL away from a Super Bowl, and just want to completely maximize day one production, they’d go with him.

1 minute ago, wussbasket said:

I think its what Gannon asks the pass rusher to do. Both Sweat and Riddick just go straight to the QB on almost every play, and they try to get in the backfield to either get the QB or disrupt the mesh point. They have enough faith in the interior to stop the run and the speed of the LBs to get to the outside.

This has burned them in the past with more mobile QBs that are able to break contain.

Honestly, it is why our DT's are critical in this game, if Cox, Hargrave, Davis, Suh, Joseph, Williams can push the middle of the Oline backwards consistently, allows the ends to contain first then collapse the pocket.  CONTAIN FIRST as a DE, then attack and collapse!  This will not only help keep Mahomes in the pocket, it will allow them to peel back on screens and also help with any reverses, trick plays.  

3 minutes ago, TEW said:

That’s a fair point, and perhaps some teams will be more risk averse.

That said, it’s not like he is a mediocre lineman with good upside. He’s already NFL ready but with big upside. So I’d imagine that unless a team thinks they are 1 OL away from a Super Bowl, and just want to completely maximize day one production, they’d go with him.

Over Skoronski and/or Johnson?

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Notice he got caught from behind and had a straight line run. Good angle by the D.

No stop and start no wiggle no traffic just a b line to the pylon.

Make Pacheco change direction And he's not effective because as I said in my original post he's a straight line speed guy.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:25 AM, downundermike said:

I will address the outright lie first.

First off, the 85 Bears regular season was not the sack record, it was the 12th overall regular season sack total.  The 84 Bears were #1, and the 87 Bears were tied for 3rd with the 2022 Eagles.

Those teams also played less regular season games.

Secondly, I will assume you are adding playoff sacks to regular season to come up with this, which is also false.  Here is the total sacks for those 4 teams including playoff games.  Eagles still rank 3rd, and to break the 84 Bears record, they will have played two more games, and still need 5 sacks.

image.png.1b508b85aaf48c975508fe916fb60676.png

What's up @SkippyX, two days and you still have not addressed this.  You keep posting other nonsense, but wont address this.  Did you run and hide behind ignore because I wrecked your lies.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If i remember correctly Pacheco ran a 4.37 range at the combine. 

The difference in this game will be the turnovers. And Eagles offense wearing down KC's young defense with the running game. I expect Mahomes to make at least one rookie like boneheaded turnover, playing hero ball in a pretty key spot. Hurts is just gonna be the silent killer and just keep keeping on, with his poise. Mahomes may be able to escape our rush a tiny bit, but will not have the athleticism with that ankle, to run around like Jalen will be able to. And sustain that for an entire game, to keep Eagles defense honest with that threat of elusiveness all game. He can have happy feet, like all QBs, with a clock in his head and just force it too much with hero ball. I see Chiefs settling for field goals, while we score time consuming back breaking touch downs. See the game decided by early 4th quarter. Enjoy this well! Chiefs are 1 or 2 playmakers short on both sides of the ball. And to be frank, just too young to pull this off.

The amount of memes and tweets about nfl being scripted has been amazing 

57 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What exactly with the loyalty to Kern if they end up keeping him on the roster and playing him in the Super Bowl? He is so clearly the worst player in the team and a major liability.  The recent comments by Siposs that he is healthy and ready to go but it isn't his call is very concerning. 

Siposs certainly isn't a great punter but Kern is the worst I've ever seen. 

No one — and I’m including the Eagles too — thinks that Kern (the current version, not the guy who was one of the best punters in the league when he played for the Titans) is better than Siposs. I’m not at all worried that they’ll play Kern over a healthy Siposs. They’re not clueless.

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

No one — and I’m including the Eagles too — thinks that Kern (the current version, not the guy who was one of the best punters in the league when he played for the Titans) is better than Siposs. I’m not at all worried that they’ll play Kern over a healthy Siposs. They’re not clueless.

I’d add why cut kern before you have to especially in case something does happen to siposs in the course of the week leading up to it. I’m guaranteeing siposs is activated before the game and he plays. 

Archived