EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

14 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Over Skoronski and/or Johnson?

Yeah, especially Skoronski.

Teams really do value potential. Skoronski is a good player, but he’s got mediocre size and short arms. Heck, he might not even be an NFL tackle and be forced to move inside to guard.

Johnson has prototypical size for an OT and he’s athletic.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The amount of memes and tweets about nfl being scripted has been amazing 

Who has been handling Eagles twitter? They've been pretty funny past few months

Even if Mahomes plays well, what makes the Eagles so good is how many ways they can beat you. The Chiefs need to throw the ball to beat good teams. The Eagles don't. They can, but they can also beat you on the ground. The Eagles can run the ball on anyone, as they showed vs the NFL's #1 defense. They could limit the number of possessions the Chiefs have on offense by dominating on the ground.

And what you've seen all year is come the 4th quarter, the Eagles break the other defense's spirit. We've seen so many games this year where the Eagles needed a big 4th quarter drive and just ran it down the other team's throats. Because the Eagles are not only explosive, they're physical as hell. They beat the living hell out of the "supposed" most physical team in the Niners. And trying to face this Eagles offense on the ground for 4 quarters is a daunting task. By the 4th quarter, the Eagles just break your back.

The Eagles are almost always the fresher team come the 2nd half because of this.

12 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

And Eagles offense wearing down KC's young defense with the running game.

12 minutes ago, jojodancer said:

while we score time consuming back breaking touch downs.

I agree.  The Eagles should be able to run right at them and beat them up.

I would love to hear some analysis on their LBs against the RRPO.  Did I read somewhere that they haven't seen much of it?

When you watch what Hurts and the O did with the RRPO to the Niners, it is a thing of beauty.  Just very difficult to address.  Froze the LB over and over.

23 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Notice he got caught from behind and had a straight line run. Good angle by the D.

No stop and start no wiggle no traffic just a b line to the pylon.

Make Pacheco change direction And he's not effective because as I said in my original post he's a straight line speed guy.

It is quite clear you have not seen this play.  He did not have a straight line run, he was at a dead stop at the line of scrimmage, had to bounce and start again.

He was also caught by Tyson Campbell, barely, a 4.4 guy who had a 5 yard head start and had the angle on him.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/isiah-pacheco-shifts-into-another-gear-on-39-yard-run

7 minutes ago, jamiller said:

I agree.  The Eagles should be able to run right at them and beat them up.

I would love to hear some analysis on their LBs against the RRPO.  Did I read somewhere that they haven't seen much of it?

When you watch what Hurts and the O did with the RRPO to the Niners, it is a thing of beauty.  Just very difficult to address.  Froze the LB over and over.

Ha. Yes defenses are hesitant and have their heads on a swivel. Eagles make you pick your poison. And Steichen attacks accordingly. But been doing a great job of sticking with our lethal running attack. More Pascal in there as well, has been helpful. All have bought in to that smash mouth football identity. AJ, Devanta and Dallas are all to be given credit as well in chipping in to that rushing attack.

33 minutes ago, downundermike said:

This play was the fastest play in the divisional round

There's nothing about Pacheo that impresses me.  Maybe the fact that he's wearing #10 the year after Tyreek Hill was wearing #10 makes him seem not as good because I expect #10 on KC to be blazing every play.  Either way, I'm not too concerned about Pacheo.  Stop Mahomes/Kelce=SB Champs.

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’d add why cut kern before you have to especially in case something does happen to siposs in the course of the week leading up to it. I’m guaranteeing siposs is activated before the game and he plays. 

We don't need the roster spot anyway at this point. Teams healthy enough and we still have PS call ups if they need it. 

1 hour ago, NCiggles said:

Tampa beat KC on the strength of their running game and by getting pressure from Barrett on the edge at LB.  The Eagles can do those same things.  

They played a lot of cover 7

and chased Mahomes around , he ran for over 400 yards before throwing the ball or taking a sack 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

We don't need the roster spot anyway at this point. Teams healthy enough and we still have PS call ups if they need it. 

Dress both Kern and Siposs, and line them both up in punt formation beside each other.  Just to be petty and say "F you" to Lynch and Shanahan crying about not dressing six QBs.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Dress both Kern and Siposs, and line them both up in punt formation beside each other.  Just to be petty and say "F you" to Lynch and Shanahan crying about not dressing six QBs.

We should also re sign Carson Strong and have 4 QB's active.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

We should also re sign Carson Strong and have 4 QB's active.

It's going to be really special when Carson Strong gets a SB ring. 

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No one has said he’s a match up nightmare or should be a focus.  He’s a fun player to watch with great twitch.  Just when someone says he doesn’t have "breakaway” speed, that’s going to draw attention.  Because it’s wrong.   He’s also just a rookie.  He could be a nice fantasy guy next year.  Too bad AR likes to hold RB’s back.  

He kind of reminds me of a smaller but quicker Marion Barber

I think it's wild how many people (not necessarily here) have the take that this Super Bowl win would mean more than 2017. I'm guessing youth has to play into this. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I think it's wild how many people (not necessarily here) have the take that this Super Bowl win would mean more than 2017. I'm guessing youth has to play into this. 

I don't think it'd mean more but it'd raise the team to another level. We'd have more wins than half the league

It's like getting into the club and then raising up in the ranks lol

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Weird. Never saw that happen. Wonder if its some kind of glitch in the board after the update. @VaBeach_Eagle any idea what could have happened here?

Clicking the wrong quote button? Other than that, I'm not sure. 

18 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Nothing will ever mean more than 2017.  On top of being the first .....................

The season ended the moment Carson Wentz tore his ACL :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Lost the starting kicker early, and signed a guy off a practice squad who was money.

Lost Darren Sproles in September.

Lost special teams captain Chris Maragos in early October.

Lost staring MLB Jordan Hicks and LT Jason Peters in late October.

Even as the #1 seed with homefield advantage, underdog in every playoff game.

Nick Foles put a savage beating on the #1 defense in the NFL in the NFCCG.

Nick Foles cemented his legend status going toe to toe with the GOAT in the Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The quote box had Utebird's words, but said my name as if the quote was from me. Now my reputation is permanently tarnished. 😞

36 minutes ago, TEW said:

Yeah, especially Skoronski.

Teams really do value potential. Skoronski is a good player, but he’s got mediocre size and short arms. Heck, he might not even be an NFL tackle and be forced to move inside to guard.

Johnson has prototypical size for an OT and he’s athletic.

Your midnight green bias is showing.  Not everyone is as wise as the Eagles are. crap, almost 100% of the Draft pundits have Skoronski and Johnson ahead of Jones.  Are they all stupid?

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Agreed ... operator error.

Archived