EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, greendestiny27 said:

Love his breakdown of Broderick Jones at #15. The more I watch his tape, the more I want him to be our top target. He is everything Stout looks for in an OL.

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not bashing the confidence some have but damn I don’t feel it - we’re talking about Pat Mahomes here.  The dude is as talented as any QB that’s ever played the game. 

18 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Love his breakdown of Broderick Jones at #15. The more I watch his tape, the more I want him to be our top target. He is everything Stout looks for in an OL.

I’ve been saying that ever since our projected pick dropped out of the top 6.  Stoutland should have a field day with him.  He could start at RG while Lane continues to play.

13 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I’ve been saying that ever since our projected pick dropped out of the top 6.  Stoutland should have a field day with him.  He could start at RG while Lane continues to play.

That's a great idea. Watched every game he played in college, and he has the tools to be an All Pro in time.

He might just be there at 31 as well.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

I think the most logical way KC wins is Mahomes keeps the Eagles offense off the field with short passes against the zone and clutch passes and runs on 3rd down. I dont see them hitting many plays of 20+ yards or so...maybe 1 to Kelce and another to Valdes-Scantling. On offense if Hurts plays scared or inaccurate like he was vs the 49ers then we may get a 1st down or 2 with running the ball, but then around the 45-50 yard line our offense stalls because Hurts is struggling to get the ball to the WRs. This of course if KC and Eagles are playing clean and the refs are keeping the flags in their pockets.

All of that said....dont think it will happen. Eagles win this game.

KC is like 22nd against the run off tackle.  NFW we stall. I see multiple 5 to 7 min drives.  I dont think they can get US OFF THE FIELD

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

She "would be ok with it.”  Take it for what it’s worth.

That's a real yes.  

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Interesting.   I've been to Cleveland a few times.  The area to the SW is quite lovely.  Berea, to be specific.

The Flats used to rock for fun (early 90s). All bars.  I like Cleveland.

6 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

That's a great idea. Watched every game he played in college, and he has the tools to be an All Pro in time.

He might just be there at 31 as well.

Unlikely. His stock is bound to go up after the Combine.

19 minutes ago, mattwill said:

That’s a perfect scenario.  Continuity at RT (with big upside) and a present solution at RG.

I don’t think this offense will have the same identity or functionality if Lane transitions to a merely good RT.  In a way, we rely on all pro play from the RT and explosive physical dominance on the left side.  Someone who is merely good won’t do.

Of course, you have to adapt.  You don’t try to replace Dawk with Dawk 2.0.  Reload where you can.  Make something else better instead.  We aren’t going to find Lane Johnson 2.0.

3 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Go from 10 into the teens and pick up some extra change.

13 minutes ago, mattwill said:

True.

I'm just hoping the the Saints pick goes toward the D. But I could see it if it's a trade down scenario BPA.

20 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Go from 10 into the teens and pick up some extra change.

That would be nice.

34 minutes ago, mattwill said:

There is a good chance he is OT1 when all is said and done.

Skoronski is an awesome tactician but has short arms and lacks explosiveness in his kick outs. He will be a much better Guard than Tackle.

Paris is a waist bender with awful technique, he relies solely on his measurables and uses them to recover when he gets beat, and he gets beat often.

Jones is the perfect blend. He is a natural knee bender, has insane explosiveness and athletic ability with very long arms. His only knock is that he is a 1 year starter, a year btw in which he didn't allow a single sack playing in the SEC and CFP. He is a true dancing bear OT.

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

Here is a quick reference of the Eagles.  Eagles currently have 4.4 in cap room next year.  Obviously there is some things with Graham, Cox and Kelce that will create some room.

If the Eagles keep the current picks, they will cost north of 6 million.

Obviously the first years on these deals will be lower than the average, but the average for these players is 89.05 million.

image.png.93f7dab7c7f57bc62f0800307ad972fc.png

9. DI DARON PAYNE, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Contract Projection: Four years, $80 million ($20M per year); $55 million total guaranteed

Payne showed early in his NFL career that he could be a stout run defender from the nose tackle position, with his 86 defensive stops against the run the most in the NFL from 2018-20. And he has now continued to build on his pass-rush arsenal to the point where he’s a problem for interior offensive linemen trying to keep their quarterback upright. Payne has 95 quarterback pressures since the start of 2021, 10th most among interior defenders, with his 11.8% pass-rush win rate over the same span a very respectable figure on the inside.

Payne still needs to put all his tools together for a complete season where he’s a positive factor in both facets, and he’s shown he has the talent to do just that.

3. DI JAVON HARGRAVE, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Contract Projection: Three years, $55 million ($18.33M per year); $36 million total guaranteed

Hargrave moved from western Pennsylvania over to the East Coast during 2020 free agency and has been a force in Philadelphia, blossoming into one of the elite interior pass-rushers in the NFL over the past few seasons. Since 2020, Hargrave’s 92.2 pass-rush grade trails only Aaron Donaldand Chris Jones at the position, with his 18.8% pass-rush win rate also ranking third. 

Hargrave will be 30 years old for the 2023 season, but we’ve seen many interior defenders maintain longevity well into their 30s recently. Hargrave is also intriguing, as different responsibilities between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia have led to interesting splits as a run defender or pass rusher. His run-defense grades were much better in his first stop, but it seems he can excel at whatever is asked of him, which is good to know for interested teams that likely don’t frequently deploy a five-man front and do a lot of the other exotic things Philadelphia does up front. 

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

There is a good chance he is OT1 when all is said and done.

Skoronski is an awesome tactician but has short arms and lacks explosiveness in his kick outs. He will be a much better Guard than Tackle.

Paris is a waste bender with awful technique, he relies solely on his measurables and uses them to recover when he gets beat, and he gets beat often.

Jones is the perfect blend. He is a natural knee bender, has insane explosiveness and athletic ability with very long arms. His only knock is that he is a 1 year starter, a year btw in which he didn't allow a single sack playing in the SEC and CFB. He is a true dancing bear OT.

1 year would be nothing for Stout to work with after the rugby guy ;)

9 hours ago, eagle45 said:

3 players of ours scare me...Hargrave, Bradberry, and Sanders.  2 guys over 30 who just had career years and a RB who just had a career year.  Let them go get a combined $50m per year elsewhere and devour those comp picks.

Channel all the Hargrave/Bradberry/Sanders money (and defer the Hurts extension money) into 1 player...Daron Payne.  Instead of putting so much money into retaining aging players that may not repeat 2022, condense it into a younger player who will actually upgrade a position.  Payne/Williams/Davis could be incredible.  Then spend the draft getting premium talent as the positions with departures.  Even if it takes them a year to acclimate, I'd rather dip back a bit in 2023 (likely anyway) and be locked and loaded the following year than end up screwed long term with the over 30 extensions.

Regarding the bolded suggestion, see the comparison of Payne and Hargrave two posts above.

That Gannon video really was something. It lives in infamy and he’s a laughing stock if they lose and the defense gets rolled, but they blasted two quarterbacks out of the game and stomped them after he said they were going to gut them. That’s one of the more badass things I’ve seen in a while. 

57 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

We aren’t going to find Lane Johnson 2.0.

You never know.  They may have found Jason Peters 2.0. .....

21 minutes ago, Captain F said:

You never know.  They may have found Jason Peters 2.0. .....

They are definitely trying to do that with Kelce, hence the Jurgy pick a year or maybe even two ahead of schedule.

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

Regarding the bolded suggestion, see the comparison of Payne and Hargrave two posts above.

Can't Washington tag him?

7 hours ago, eagle45 said:

I think the Latin America interest from the NFL is pretty superficial.  Despite the fact that Latin America is geographically more feasible and there is potentially more interest, there’s less money there.

Everything is about the money and the money is in European interest.  (Obviously American, too, but they’ve already conquered that geography).  They see the value and interest in the European football clubs.  That’s why they keep forcing it to try to capture that market.  There’s a reason they are still expanding games in Europe while the games in Mexico are on hold for 2023.

It seemed to be most popular in Germany overall and of course London is a huge city and has a chunk of NFL fans as well. 

Archived