EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, Parrot Head said:

I said the Chiefs and Mahommes.

The Chiefs just barely managed 23 points, with a gift FG at the end of the game a week ago.

The Chiefs (with Mahommes) lost to the Colts, lost to the Bills, lost to Cincy, went to OT with Houston, struggled with Denver, and had a negative turnover ratio.

KC, especially with their sub par WR’s banged up, are very beatable. 

I know Mahommes is good enough to win the game, but the Eagles are the best team they’ve played all year.

We are favored for a reason. Writing this game off as a L, or a blowout of the Eagles is silly. The Eagles have a VERY real chance to win the game.

The game shouldn’t be written off as an L or a likely blowout, I agree there. And yes Eagles have a very real chance to win. We will be the best team they played all year but they will also be the best offense and QB we’ve played against all year. The second best QB/offense we faced we gave up 40 points. One of the next best was Lions and we gave up 35, although there is some garbage points in there. 

We have the better team, they will have the best player on the field. 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

First it was The Eagles haven't played anybody (Even though they had one of the best records against winning teams this year.  And play in the Best Division)

Next it was Jalen isn't doing anything it's the System (Even though when he went out, the Eagles lost two straight games)

Then it was they are only winning because of the Roster (Even though for the most part it's the same roster from last year with a few improvements)

Then it's' Jalen's not really an MVP (Even though he's in the Super Bowl now and could win Super Bowl MVP anyway)

Now it's Sirianni hasn't done anything he's only along for the Ride. (Even though he took a 4-11-1 team to the Playoffs and Super Bowl in back to back seasons)

These statements are all just Jealousy and hating.   Also people saying these things haven't really watched Eagles games this year. They look at the stat box and try to make hot takes about the teams performances.  The Goal Post just keep moving as the Eagles keep proving everyone wrong.   

Uhhh what? 

Look, Hurts has done well this playoff run in not making many mistakes and not turning the ball over. Letting the run game dominate and the D which has caught fire win games. His injury is clearly affecting his passing. If we’re being honest he’s really been a game manager so far in the two playoff games. And he’s been absolutely excellent in that role.

But last years roster would not have (and wasn’t able to) carry a game manager thru to the SB. Hopefully the extra week of rest allows that shoulder to improve and we see a better passing attack. Though I think the way to beat KC is to bludgeon them with the ground game, so if he had to be a game manager one more time, I’m good with that too so long as we get the W.

Just now, Swoop said:

Brown, Reddick, Graham, CJGJ, Bradberry, Suh, Joseph and White are more than just a few improvements.

I was speaking more from an offensive standpoint but point taken.  Graham was on the team last year but he was just injured early just like Barnett this year.   But on the defensive side Suh and Joseph did come on mid season after Jordan's injury.  But yes, CJ, White and Brown were huge additions we didn't have last year.  

1 minute ago, KINGnabb said:

I was speaking more from an offensive standpoint but point taken.  Graham was on the team last year but he was just injured early just like Barnett this year.   But on the defensive side Suh and Joseph did come on mid season after Jordan's injury.  But yes, CJ, White and Brown were huge additions we didn't have last year.  

AJ Brown was an absolutely massive addition on O. Maybe even the most impactful addition of them all (only reddick would come close)

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The game shouldn’t be written off as an L or a likely blowout, I agree there. And yes Eagles have a very real chance to win. We will be the best team they played all year but they will also be the best offense and QB we’ve played against all year. The second best QB/offense we faced we gave up 40 points. One of the next best was Lions and we gave up 35, although there is some garbage points in there. 

We have the better team, they will have the best player on the field. 

Key note- Lions game was early in season, Gannon has grown since with his schemes and coverages. 

Cowboys game- we had a wounded secondary. Which is healthy now. And I believe Cowboys have the better Oline and Run game than KC. 

That being said, I am as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of people on rocking chairs. 

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Uhhh what? 

Look, Hurts has done well this playoff run in not making many mistakes and not turning the ball over. Letting the run game dominate and the D which has caught fire win games. His injury is clearly affecting his passing. If we’re being honest he’s really been a game manager so far in the two playoff games. And he’s been absolutely excellent in that role.

But last years roster would not have (and wasn’t able to) carry a game manager thru to the SB. Hopefully the extra week of rest allows that shoulder to improve and we see a better passing attack. Though I think the way to beat KC is to bludgeon them with the ground game, so if he had to be a game manager one more time, I’m good with that too so long as we get the W.

One of the biggest reasons we are the Super Bowl is because we are the #1 Seed and had a bye week.   Last year team was the #7 seed with a new coach and QB starting.  Of course there was going to be some growing pains.  We had to go on the road the whole playoffs.    As for Jalen being a game manager, that's because of his shoulder injury.  He's still one of the focal points of our running game.   I'm not going to overanalyze Jalen's passing numbers because the running game was doing so well and both games ended up blowouts.   I do hope Jalen and the O airs it out more in the Super Bowl but if Jalen has 200 Passing Yards 1 Passing TD and a Rushing TD and we beat the Chiefs by two scores, I will be just fine.   

16 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Brown, Reddick, Graham, CJGJ, Bradberry, Suh, Joseph and White are more than just a few improvements.

Agreed 

Brown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reagor

Reddick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Avery

CJGJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anthony Harris

Bradberry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nelson

Graham>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barnett

Seumalo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Driscol

White>>>>>>>>>Singleton

Edited to add

Devonta as #2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Devonta as #1

1. Dont let Kelce beat you.

2. Get Mahomes off the spot on every play.

Do those two things and the Eagles win.  Make Mahomes run around, make it chaotic for him. He'll turn the ball over.  Dont let him just pitch and catch to Kelce, make him throw it into Slay/Bradberry and quicker than he wants.  

If the offense doesnt turn the ball over, I dont think we'll need to worry about scoring points.

2 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

One of the biggest reasons we are the Super Bowl is because we are the #1 Seed and had a bye week.   Last year team was the #7 seed with a new coach and QB starting.  Of course there was going to be some growing pains.  We had to go on the road the whole playoffs.    As for Jalen being a game manager, that's because of his shoulder injury.  He's still one of the focal points of our running game.   I'm not going to overanalyze Jalen's passing numbers because the running game was doing so well and both games ended up blowouts.   I do hope Jalen and the O airs it out more in the Super Bowl but if Jalen has 200 Passing Yards 1 Passing TD and a Rushing TD and we beat the Chiefs by two scores, I will be just fine.   

Right. But you claimed he wasn’t being carried by the roster. He absolutely has been in the 2 playoff games 

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

AJ Brown was an absolutely massive addition on O. Maybe even the most impactful addition of them all (only reddick would come close)

Isn't crazy how one piece like AJ did drastically expanded our WR's Group after letting Reagor and JJ go.   I agree that AJ and Reddick were the biggest, I'll throw CJ in there too.   Suh and Joseph ended up stopping the dam breaking in the Run Defense.    We definitely made smart roster moves this year but nothing was guaranteed.  I think the Offensive being together another year did help to improve them this year with those additions came on.   But I agree, we did improve defensively dramatically over last year.   

Just now, Mike31mt said:

Do those two things and the Eagles win.  Make Mahomes run around, make it chaotic for him. He'll turn the ball over.  Dont let him just pitch and catch to Kelce, make him throw it into Slay/Bradberry and quicker than he wants.  

If the offense doesnt turn the ball over, I dont think we'll need to worry about scoring points.

Mahomes can be made to throw INTs. I actually put down some money on Slay to win MVP (If he’s not gonna ball out this game, maybe he should reconsider his Big Play Slay nickname).

2 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Right. But you claimed he wasn’t being carried by the roster. He absolutely has been in the 2 playoff games 

I think the Defense deserves a lot of credit for these last two playoff games.  But Jalen was crucial in the running game.  He was freezing GMen and 49ers defenders all game.  I was talking about the media saying the Offensive was only good because of the Roster when AJ was the main addition.  Everyone else just had 2nd year to gel with each other.  I believe Devonta and Jalen both benefited from playing with each other last year and their connection only grew this year.   Jalen got the same system for a 2nd year for the first time in his career.   What we saw this year was elevation but there's no doubt AJ addition did take us to another level.  

5 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Disagree with the bolded.

You are not going to get Mahomes off his spot every play, and the guy makes insane plays when he has to go into scramble mode.

Additionally, it makes Kelce more dangerous when it becomes backyard football for those two.

It is actually a better plan to keep Mahomes locked in the pocket and get him on the ground. Make him get the ball out fast so his receivers, and especially Kelce do not have time to improvise.  

I see Kansas City trying to establish the run early, so they can dictate who we have on Kelce.  If we have to keep White / Edwards on the field to keep the running game in check, that is a huge advantage for KC, as you are then covering Kelce with White / Edwards.

16 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I thought Milton Williams was a big disappointment the first half of the year. Enough so that I was wondering if he actually had any long term value. But he’s played well enough the past couple of months to consider him a decent enough role player going forward. 

I think he's why the team doesn't have to sign Hargrave.  

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

Mahomes can be made to throw INTs. I actually put down some money on Slay to win MVP (If he’s not gonna ball out this game, maybe he should reconsider his Big Play Slay nickname).

Agreed, I can definitely see him going to hero ball and throwing some up for grabs.  The best passrush hes seen all year is Seattle.  

Hes fumbled 6 times this year and only lost 1, which was his botched pump fake vs. Cincy last week.  

I really do think the Eagles just need to play a clean game and that should be good enough.  No horrible turnovers on offense, and no busted coverages for TDs.  

Mahomes is generally good at protecting the ball. We're better off hoping for sacks/fumbles than INTs. He throws the ball so hard that it's just tougher to get INTs.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

You are not going to get Mahomes off his spot every play, and the guy makes insane plays when he has to go into scramble mode.

Additionally, it makes Kelce more dangerous when it becomes backyard football for those two.

It is actually a better plan to keep Mahomes locked in the pocket and get him on the ground. Make him get the ball out fast so his receivers, and especially Kelce do not have time to improvise.  

I see Kansas City trying to establish the run early, so they can dictate who we have on Kelce.  If we have to keep White / Edwards on the field to keep the running game in check, that is a huge advantage for KC, as you are then covering Kelce with White / Edwards.

It takes more than getting him off the spot. They have to hit him and get him frustrated but it's no easy task.  When he can move around with time he's the most dangerous. If he's taking hits and they're getting to him, he's a different player.  Still no easy task.  

Today is 2/3/23.

Today is also the ninth day before our second Super Bowl victory.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Trying to keep him in the pocket is a fools errand IMO, especially with his ankle and banged up recievers.  Hes going to have to get out of the pocket and try to buy time, so use it to our advantage.   And AR isnt dumb enough to scheme him into getting buried in thr pocket anyway. 

Make him run around on that bum ankle a little bit.   Screw up his timing.  

If they decide to run the ball, god bless them 

18 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Key note- Lions game was early in season, Gannon has grown since with his schemes and coverages. 

Cowboys game- we had a wounded secondary. Which is healthy now. And I believe Cowboys have the better Oline and Run game than KC. 

That being said, I am as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of people on rocking chairs. 

All the turnovers on offense helped 

5 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

Trying to keep him in the pocket is a fools errand IMO, especially with his ankle and banged up recievers.  Hes going to have to get out of the pocket and try to buy time, so use it to our advantage.   And AR isnt dumb enough to scheme him into getting buried in thr pocket anyway. 

Make him run around on that bum ankle a little bit.   Screw up his timing.  

If they decide to run the ball, god bless them 

He will have had two weeks by game time, I do not expect the ankle to be an issue.

Once again, Mahomes is at his most dangerous when things are off script, especially when it comes to containing Kelce.

Keep him in the pocket and get him on the ground ASAP.

Mahomes outside the pocket >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurts outside the pocket.

9 minutes ago, RLC said:

Mahomes is generally good at protecting the ball. We're better off hoping for sacks/fumbles than INTs. He throws the ball so hard that it's just tougher to get INTs.

He’s due. He hasn’t thrown a pick in 3 games, and he hadn’t gone more than 2 without throwing one before that. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He will have had two weeks by game time, I do not expect the ankle to be an issue.

Once again, Mahomes is at his most dangerous when things are off script, especially when it comes to containing Kelce.

Keep him in the pocket and get him on the ground ASAP.

Mahomes outside the pocket >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hurts outside the pocket.

You can't both keep him in the pocket and sack him.  The reality is that he will move outside the pocket if the team is getting any pressure. If it was a high ankle sprain, the ankle will be an issue for him. I don't know that it keeps him from moving but it may impact some of his uncanny accuracy.   If he has all day, people will get open.  I agree that he's not Brady in the sense that Brady wasn't as good with pressure in his face. Of course the main difference is that his mobility helps him avoid quick pressure.  I think the key advantage the Eagles have is that they do not rely on one guy to get pressure.  

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

You can't both keep him in the pocket and sack him.  The reality is that he will move outside the pocket if the team is getting any pressure. If it was a high ankle sprain, the ankle will be an issue for him. I don't know that it keeps him from moving but it may impact some of his uncanny accuracy.   If he has all day, people will get open.  I agree that he's not Brady in the sense that Brady wasn't as good with pressure in his face. Of course the main difference is that his mobility helps him avoid quick pressure.  I think the key advantage the Eagles have is that they do not rely on one guy to get pressure.  

And Patrick Mahomes thrives out of the pocket.  Looking for something from 2022, but found this article from 2021.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/patrick-mahomes-pressure-pocket-super-bowl-55/

With Mahomes so comfortable outside of the pocket, pressuring him there has had less of an impact against him as it would other quarterbacks. Nine quarterbacks had at least 50 passing attempts outside the pocket this season, including the playoffs. Mahomes, again, was the only one with positive EPA. Pressured outside the pocket doesn’t exclusively mean pushed out from pressure, but those plays are included. Pressure outside the pocket can be a play in which the quarterback was already outside and pressure came late. Either way, Mahomes is the outlier with positive performance.

Archived