EMB Blog: 2022 Post-Season - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Unproven.

Next week will be the real test 

• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I read the first article I've seen where the topic was our QB scrum play.  I'm guessing we will see a bit of that with over a week to go as the various pundits try to find new angles to discuss.

My bet is that this topic will get some play in the offseason and that at least one owner will push to outlaw helping the rusher by pushing from behind.

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t think it’s possible to gas up a QB who has started in the league for 5 years, been to 5 straight AFCCG, likely will have been MVP twice, first team all-pro twice, passed for 5,000+ twice as well as every other milestone or record he already has. 

I said the Chiefs and Mahommes.

The Chiefs just barely managed 23 points, with a gift FG at the end of the game a week ago.

The Chiefs (with Mahommes) lost to the Colts, lost to the Bills, lost to Cincy, went to OT with Houston, struggled with Denver, and had a negative turnover ratio.

KC, especially with their sub par WR’s banged up, are very beatable. 

I know Mahommes is good enough to win the game, but the Eagles are the best team they’ve played all year.

We are favored for a reason. Writing this game off as a L, or a blowout of the Eagles is silly. The Eagles have a VERY real chance to win the game.

17 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

It's true.  I was going to sneeze in their general direction, but then I decided to turn around... and I sneeze farted instead.

fart-farting.gif

At my age sneeze/farts are a real thing. It's all good unless there is wetness involved. 

8 hours ago, eagle45 said:

That’s a perfect scenario.  Continuity at RT (with big upside) and a present solution at RG.

I don’t think this offense will have the same identity or functionality if Lane transitions to a merely good RT.  In a way, we rely on all pro play from the RT and explosive physical dominance on the left side.  Someone who is merely good won’t do.

Of course, you have to adapt.  You don’t try to replace Dawk with Dawk 2.0.  Reload where you can.  Make something else better instead.  We aren’t going to find Lane Johnson 2.0.

One thing that has really anchored the Eagles exceptional OL quality over the past 2 decades (I can’t believe it’s been that long) is the Eagles have consistently had a few unicorn type of physical specimens.

It really started with Shawn Andrews. Disappointing career in the end, but man that guy was special. Then we Added JP who is probably the most unique OL in NFL history given his relatively short height, bulk, and mobility. From there, Kelce was and is the most athletic center probably in the history of the sport. Lane Johnson was one of the most athletic prospects at OT in combine history. And then there is Mailata who somehow makes 350 pounds look proportional on a human being.

The point of this all is that we shouldn’t just settle, and we should absolutely pounce when/if another unicorn type of OL becomes available. Mailata isn’t JP — no one ever will be — but Mailata is a freak unto himself, and that’s the type of prospect we should go after since we have the game’s best OL coach. If Jones is another freak level combination of size and athleticism, then as much as I want to trade down with that #10 pick we should probably just take him. They don’t come along too often, and we have been spoiled rotten with the number we’ve had over the years.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The video was before the NFCG.  They already won.  

He's well aware...

8 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

That Gannon video really was something. It lives in infamy and he’s a laughing stock if they lose and the defense gets rolled, but they blasted two quarterbacks out of the game and stomped them after he said they were going to gut them. That’s one of the more badass things I’ve seen in a while. 

The word after does all the heavy lifting in the sentence.

6 minutes ago, TEW said:

One thing that has really anchored the Eagles exceptional OL quality over the past 2 decades (I can’t believe it’s been that long) is the Eagles have consistently had a few unicorn type of physical specimens.

It really started with Shawn Andrews. Disappointing career in the end, but man that guy was special. Then we Added JP who is probably the most unique OL in NFL history given his relatively short height, bulk, and mobility. From there, Kelce was and is the most athletic center probably in the history of the sport. Lane Johnson was one of the most athletic prospects at OT in combine history. And then there is Mailata who somehow makes 350 pounds look proportional on a human being.

The point of this all is that we shouldn’t just settle, and we should absolutely pounce when/if another unicorn type of OL becomes available. Mailata isn’t JP — no one ever will be — but Mailata is a freak unto himself, and that’s the type of prospect we should go after since we have the game’s best OL coach. If Jones is another freak level combination of size and athleticism, then as much as I want to trade down with that #10 pick we should probably just take him. They don’t come along too often, and we have been spoiled rotten with the number we’ve had over the years.

He's not going to be there much longer after ten, actually once the combine and pro day  wraps up, he easily can go in the top ten. He's talented enough and this draft doesn't seem to be as strong as years past. 

14 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

He's not going to be there much longer after ten, actually once the combine and pro day  wraps up, he easily can go in the top ten. He's talented enough and this draft doesn't seem to be as strong as years past. 

That’s my thought as well. This draft is pretty deep at some positions like DL and CB, but the top end talent seems pretty thin, especially at OT.

I think the good news at 10 is that the way things are looking we should end up with either Jones on the board or a QB that some team will give up the farm to get.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How about cpap farts?   It’s a symphony every morning for me.  

Lol. Me too. My wife grades them!

27 minutes ago, TEW said:

That’s my thought as well. This draft is pretty deep at some positions like DL and CB, but the top end talent seems pretty thin, especially at OT.

I think the good news at 10 is that the way things are looking we should end up with either Jones on the board or a QB that some team will give up the farm to get.

I'd be fine with a trade back to around 12-15 similar to when we moved up for DeVonta. Nolan Smith is interesting, imagine him & Reddick on the field at the same time? I would think you could come up with a lot of creative looks and bring some major heat. 

10 hours ago, jamiller said:

KC is like 22nd against the run off tackle.  NFW we stall. I see multiple 5 to 7 min drives.  I dont think they can get US OFF THE FIELD

Yea, I want to see our OL just straight up abuse them.  Been reading David Goggins books and one of the big takeways from him is to take your opponents soul.  I feel like Mailata did that to Bosa last week and the entire OL followed suit for the rest of the game.  Hit Chris Jones in the mouth from the opening snap.  Make him know it's going to be a long game and the rest of the D will crack.  

The Eagles also have to win the TE game. Don't let Kelce beat you.  Don't let him get rolling and get cocky.  Shut him up from play 1. 

I think the Eagles are capable of rolling over the Chiefs if they play the way they are capable of.  If Reddick, Sweat adn BG continue to dominate from the edge, they can make Mahomes night hell.  One more game of playing with their hair on fire.  We saw the Phillies flame out against Houston.  The Eagles can't let that happen.  

12 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

I'd be fine with a trade back to around 12-15 similar to when we moved up for DeVonta. Nolan Smith is interesting, imagine him & Reddick on the field at the same time? I would think you could come up with a lot of creative looks and bring some major heat. 

Nolan Smith is interesting, but not a player I want in the top 15. Drafting that high I want a player with basically no question marks and a lot of upside. With Smith, you’ve got size and injury.

4 hours ago, greend said:

At my age sneeze/farts are a real thing. It's all good unless there is wetness involved. 

If you were building a team and you were given the opportunity, would you rather take a prime Peters or a prime Lane?

It's tough. Let's assume both can play each tackle spot the same so there's no "LT because it's more valuable" or anything.

First it was The Eagles haven't played anybody (Even though they had one of the best records against winning teams this year.  And play in the Best Division)

Next it was Jalen isn't doing anything it's the System (Even though when he went out, the Eagles lost two straight games)

Then it was they are only winning because of the Roster (Even though for the most part it's the same roster from last year with a few improvements)

Then it's' Jalen's not really an MVP (Even though he's in the Super Bowl now and could win Super Bowl MVP anyway)

Now it's Sirianni hasn't done anything he's only along for the Ride. (Even though he took a 4-11-1 team to the Playoffs and Super Bowl in back to back seasons)

These statements are all just Jealousy and hating.   Also people saying these things haven't really watched Eagles games this year. They look at the stat box and try to make hot takes about the teams performances.  The Goal Post just keep moving as the Eagles keep proving everyone wrong.   

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

If you were building a team and you were given the opportunity, would you rather take a prime Peters or a prime Lane?

It's tough. Let's assume both can play each tackle spot the same so there's no "LT because it's more valuable" or anything.

Lane- easy-  Great player without all the false start penalties

1 minute ago, KINGnabb said:

First it was The Eagles haven't played anybody (Even though they had one of the best records against winning teams this year)

Next it was Jalen isn't doing anything it's the System (Even though when he went out, the Eagles lost two straight games)

Then it was they are only winning because of the Roster (Even though for the most part it's the same roster from last year with a few improvements)

Then it's' Jalen's not really an MVP (Even though he's in the Super Bowl now and could win Super Bowl MVP anyway)

Now it's Sirianni hasn't done anything he's only along for the Ride. (Even though he took a 4-11-1 team to the Playoffs and Super Bowl in back to back seasons)

These statements are all just Jealousy and hating.   Also people saying these things haven't really watched Eagles games this year. They look at the stat box and try to make hot takes about the teams performances.  The Goal Post just keep moving as the Eagles keep proving everyone wrong.   

Nobody like us.......we don't care!!

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Lane- easy-  Great player without all the false start penalties

I think I'd go Lane, also.

4 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

First it was The Eagles haven't played anybody (Even though they had one of the best records against winning teams this year.  And play in the Best Division)

Brown, Reddick, Graham, CJGJ, Bradberry, Suh, Joseph and White are more than just a few improvements.

Archived