EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

So does 22 and 7 get the Flyers within sniffing distance of Bedard?

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't think so. Nothing the Flyers have gets them there, I don't think.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I think betting on NFL games has to be an absolute red line because it's a clear risk for corruption. I have no issue with that, I think the rules around betting on other sports are an overreach, and the rules around doing it on NFL premises are an overreach in regulatory terms and data protection terms.

The risk of corruption is in the game already. I do think there are likely state statutes which prohibit competitors from betting on the outcome of their games.  

2 hours ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Despite having easily worse weapons than Herbert in 2021, hurts lead his team to the playoffs while Herbert did not. Talent doesn’t make a qb good, great, or even bad. Productions, wins, and drives leading to tds/points do. 

during that 27 point collapse in the playoffs, for all his "talent”, Herbert did nothing to stop the bleeding vs Jacksonville. Could LA have run the ball more? Yes. Or Herbert could complete a couple passes and get a first down or two with all that supposed talent he has. 

Did you see Hurts' first playoff game? 

1 hour ago, Freshmilk said:

I don't think so. Nothing the Flyers have gets them there, I don't think.

I think Fantilli or Michkov are gonna win a team Cups before Chicago figures it out with Bedard.

McDavid and Draisaitl are an elite pair but Edmonton still haven’t figured out the rest of the pieces. I don’t think Chicago will be as lucky this time around. 

There is no argument for Herbert over Hurts.  He's nothing more than a Tony Romo at this point.  Guy that can put up flashy regular season stats but at the end of the day just isn't a winner.  

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yeah but if he just stayed where we was he would have been able to block the pass rush. Yeah he pancaked some dudes but the play lost yards 

16 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

Yeah but if he just stayed where we was he would have been able to block the pass rush. Yeah he pancaked some dudes but the play lost yards 

Yup.  Looked like a bad execution.  By going so hard inside, he left the gap wide open for the stunt by the other DT.  Not a great down by Dickerson.

22 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

It's executed badly but the chaoticness and his athleticism is fun. 

I'm also excited to see if Penny/Swift can do any better pass blocking. 

3 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

And coaching matters

And the Chargers defense is putrid too, which impacts Herbert. 

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

But then he added that JP is 41. 

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

And the Chargers defense is putrid too, which impacts Herbert. 

I find the Chargers confusing and maddening. They should be so much better with that talent yet they seem to get injured a ton

8 hours ago, mattwill said:

Why?

A number is a number just like any other number.

Because I think it looks dumb on a linebacker just like if a QB wore 55

3 hours ago, bpac55 said:

NHL teams don’t trade out of the #1 pick like NFL teams.  To get the #1 pick from outside the top 5 you need to go back to 1983 to find the last time 

2 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

I find the Chargers confusing and maddening. They should be so much better with that talent yet they seem to get injured a ton

I wonder if part of it has anything to do with the fan base. Chargers fans seem passive. Many of the ones I know are (or were) also Raiders, 49ers and Rams fans. If the fans are passive, it's easy for a team to take on that identity on the field. When we played the Chargers in that temporary stadium that held around 30,000 fans, it was like watching an Eagles home game. 

10 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Fx9fxXNWAAElcoW?format=jpg&name=900x900

Fx9fxXJWAAUVq7a?format=jpg&name=medium

Fx9fxXOWAA0vgIj?format=jpg&name=large

Fx9fxXIWABIEEVb?format=jpg&name=900x900

I'm sure he will progress,  but I would have loved to see Carson Strong in that role. He would have killed it. 

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I'm sure he will progress,  but I would have loved to see Carson Strong in that role. He would have killed it. 

Tanner McKee would have been able to reach up and bring her down without even climbing the stairs 

3 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Because I think it looks dumb on a linebacker just like if a QB wore 55

I agree with you that 55 would be out of place on a QB.  Offensive player numbers are highly segregated. Defensive player numbers (and roles) are much less rigid … more fluid.  You are trying to impose your personal sense of order onto a situation that doesn’t naturally want to be orderly. 

7 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I agree with you that 55 would be out of place on a QB.  Offensive player numbers are highly segregated. Defensive player numbers (and roles) are much less rigid … more fluid.  You are trying to impose your personal sense of order onto a situation that doesn’t naturally want to be orderly. 

QB wearing #60 is awesome.  Classic number for a QB.  We need to get back to that.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

I wonder if part of it has anything to do with the fan base. Chargers fans seem passive. Many of the ones I know are (or were) also Raiders, 49ers and Rams fans. If the fans are passive, it's easy for a team to take on that identity on the field. When we played the Chargers in that temporary stadium that held around 30,000 fans, it was like watching an Eagles home game. 

Inwould say fan aparhy is a lagging indicators 

Apple has to be one of the worst companies. Totally shameless. They promote technology that has been around for a decade as if it's brand new, and brand-loyal idiots eat it up like communion wafers. 

28 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Apple has to be one of the worst companies. Totally shameless. They promote technology that has been around for a decade as if it's brand new, and brand-loyal idiots eat it up like communion wafers. 

They just do it better than everyone else. They aren’t looking to beta test new experiences. They will wait until they have their perfect solution. Most people are okay with that. 

9 hours ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Ted Williams was the better hitter.  But Joe DiMaggio was the better baseball player.

Absolutely disagree with this.

Archived