EMB Blog: 2023 Camps and Preseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

The harder they try to make these games "realistic", the dumber they look.  My fav is when I'm ahead 42-3 in a road game, allow a last minute TD -- and the fans in the crowd go apesh!t ..... 

IMO, Madden was best in the mid 2000s.  It was realistic but not too realistic like today.  It was a fun game to play.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Just another reason for me to never use their sites.  Despicable sharing anything other than winnings with tax authorities. 

I'm not a gambler on any platform.  They are going to do whatever they can to make the largest profit possible... sounds a lot like their business partner... the NFL.

8 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

IMO, Madden was best in the mid 2000s.  It was realistic but not too realistic like today.  It was a fun game to play.

Yep. The hit stick was legendary 

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Capping for Saudi Arabia is certainly a choice.

If you cant understand why people would take millions and millions of guaranteed dollars to do the same job, I dont know what to tell you.

Now they're all being paid by the Saudis

37 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

If you cant understand why people would take millions and millions of guaranteed dollars to do the same job, I dont know what to tell you.

Now they're all being paid by the Saudis

Nah liv was hemorrhaging cash

they will claim vixtory of course but they were a failure in every aspect..their players gambled and won. But also lost…

bet terms will leak later that they got acquirrd for practically nothing

The Vikings in Madden in the mid 2000s were my favorite team to play with. 

Option 1: Deep shot to Moss 

Option 2: Dump off to Michael Bennett who was a 99 speed

Option 3: Run with Culpepper (Madden made him faster than he really was because he was black) 

22 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The Vikings in Madden in the mid 2000s were my favorite team to play with. 

Option 1: Deep shot to Moss 

Option 2: Dump off to Michael Bennett who was a 99 speed

Option 3: Run with Culpepper (Madden made him faster than he really was because he was black) 

McNabb was a beast on those Maddens as well. My buddies would get particularly pissed when a play broke down and McNabb scrambled for 30 yards.

27 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

they will claim vixtory of course but they were a failure in every aspect. 

Except for the whole "they now control every aspect of top level professional golf" part. 

32 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

RIP Iron Sheik

son of a ****

3 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Yep.

Is it inconceivable that on the fifty or more "other" plays, Player A actually blocked better than Player B?

9 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Is it inconceivable that on the fifty or more "other" plays, Player A actually blocked better than Player B?

Or perhaps Player B needed a lot more double-team help.  Or maybe Player A mowied the player in front of him and then was able to pick up a second rusher on some plays.  Or maybe Player A was able to spring his QB for some scrambles that picked up TDs, 1st downs and big pickups.  I mean, the possibilities are almost endless.

8 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

RIP Iron Sheik

This is my fault.  Just a few days ago I thought to myself "is that dude still alive" for no particular reason and looked it up on wiki  :sad: 

9 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

they will claim vixtory of course but they were a failure in every aspect..their players gambled and won. But also lost…

They'll claim victory because this was an overwhelming victory for them and the PGA absolutely caved

10 hours ago, bpac55 said:

They haven't made them realistic though, they've just made them overcomplicated, NBA 2K is a chore to play, Soccer games peaked at same time as Madden, FIFA looks less like an actual game of soccer than they ever have, and Madden comes out every year with near photorealistic graphics when they're setting up now but they still fall smack into uncanny valley when the players hit each other.

I want a sports game that's fun and instinctive to play with friends while I'm drunk, not be sat there trying to remember which shoulder button I have to hold down to fake a dribble then pass, or what stick manoeuver I have to do to do a stepover.

9 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

LIV golf was backed by the Saudi state, they don't care about throwing a billion dollars or two at golf.

There was no acquisition, they've merged with the PGA, their commercial departments are joining forces. LIV have gone from nothing to signing most of the top golfers and effectively forcing the PGA into a merger in under 2 years. That is pretty much what victory looks like.

8 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

No but not enough to make up for the more complete failures.  Hurries and sacks measure losses for the most part on pass pro.  A collapse of the pocket should be measured as a hurry.  So let’s say that Player A did better on second level blocks or pulling.  What Kelce does so well.  Chances are that the other player doesn’t get those opportunities because his better skill set fits road grader.  Let’s say that Player B played pass pro on 56% of his plays and Player A played pass pro on 44% of his plays, does Player B’s better pass pro results get amplified by having to black more than Player A?  So therein lies the problem with PFF rankings and scoring. A combination of incomplete data and the individual scorers personal bias.  At some point AI may be used to somewhat combat the latter but even that can result in bias because as the machine "learns” it picks up the bias that exists in the data. But the average viewer might conclude that Player B is a better blocker because he has fewer visible failures. 

52 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

They haven't made them realistic though, they've just made them overcomplicated, NBA 2K is a chore to play, Soccer games peaked at same time as Madden, FIFA looks less like an actual game of soccer than they ever have, and Madden comes out every year with near photorealistic graphics when they're setting up now but they still fall smack into uncanny valley when the players hit each other.

I want a sports game that's fun and instinctive to play with friends while I'm drunk, not be sat there trying to remember which shoulder button I have to hold down to fake a dribble then pass, or what stick manoeuver I have to do to do a stepover.

When I say realistic, I'm talking the imagery, the gear, uniforms etc.  Visually, for the most part, it looks real.  Sure they make mistakes, haven't had refs on the field and don't scan every players face but it looks real.  I USED to want that when I played the game.  I wanted every facemask, every pair of cleats and so on.  Now though, I'd rather play a fun playable game from the 2000s that looked more like a video game than real life instead of playing an ultra realistic looking game that they put out now.

This guy has been as advertised.  Reds have a stud.  Do the Phillies have any homegrown talent we have to look forward do?

Saw this on Reddit. Lots of people choosing Vick. Am I taking crazy pills? He’s easily the worst QB on here

F7RpiCA.jpg

15 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This guy has been as advertised.  Reds have a stud.  Do the Phillies have any homegrown talent we have to look forward do?

Got 3 pitching prospects in McGarry, Abel and painter. Granted painter dealing with an elbow injury. Have some other positional player prospects but  none ranked as high as what the reds have in their system with positional players 

19 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Saw this on Reddit. Lots of people choosing Vick. Am I taking crazy pills? He’s easily the worst QB on here

F7RpiCA.jpg

Mcnair then vick

33 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Andrew Painter.

32 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

F7RpiCA.jpg

Depends on which iteration of Vick you are discussing.

McNair is the top, not even a debate to be had.  After that... it could basically be a toss up for the other 3. 

Archived