Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

How are we going to feel when the Cowboys add Pitts at 10 to Cooper, Lamb and Gallup and the Giants at 11 add Smith to Shepard, Slayton, Galloday and Ingram and then the Eagles take Kwitty Paye at 12.

 

If the Eagles draft Kwitty Paye at #12 the rest doesn’t matter anyway, because it would be obvious their talent evaluators don’t know what they’re looking at.

 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

If we’re looking at the easiest path to winning a Super Bowl, just sign LeSean McCoy and deactivate him. The last two champs are proof. 

10 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

I would be more concerned with Skins adding weapons , they have the D , not sure about that QB situation though 

I'm concerned with all 3.  The Redskins have weapons.  If they get a Kyle Trask, Kellen Mond or Davis Mills they are going to be in great shape.  

I think a lot of people on here let their Eagles fandom get in the way of reality.  Yes, we all want to say Dallas, NYG and the Skins suck because we have to.  We hate them.  

The post above yours said they'd be happy if they added WR while the rest of the teams fall apart.  I don't see any of the NFCE teams falling apart at all.  I think they are all building very solid rosters.  

Both NYG and the Skins are trending up with new coaching staffs.  Dallas's achilles heel is their coaching staff.  They can't seem to figure that out.  If they do, they have tons of talent.  

I hate the way the NFCE is trending.  We are so far behind the other 3 teams. 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If we’re looking at the easiest path to winning a Super Bowl, just sign LeSean McCoy and deactivate him. The last two champs are proof. 

It Just Might Work GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

55 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

@justrelax See? 

 

57 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

But you see how that’s counter to not caring about how a first-round pick performs in year 1, right? That’s the point, and it was so obvious you didn’t need to say this. 

I see that you are referring to posts to which I was not responding.

19 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

If the Eagles draft Kwitty Paye at #12 the rest doesn’t matter anyway, because it would be obvious their talent evaluators don’t know what they’re looking at.

 

But Lurie said everything except literally saying the Eagles have a GM factory in his year end press conference.  

10 minutes ago, justrelax said:

 

I see that you are referring to posts to which I was not responding.

So you’re ignoring the context of the conversation?

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The post above yours said they'd be happy if they added WR while the rest of the teams fall apar

I didn't say I'd be happy. I said it wouldn't bother me. How much more weapons can the cowboys realistically get the ball too? They are already fully loaded with skill players adding another does nothing for them the they aren't already doing at the skill positions. Yes we could use some players like that but to those 2 teams? It's stupid. 

Eagles already took that risk when they traded back so nothing I can do about it. I highly doubt cowboys and Giants take those guys anyways. 

30 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

How are we going to feel when the Cowboys add Pitts at 10 to Cooper, Lamb and Gallup and the Giants at 11 add Smith to Shepard, Slayton, Galloday and Ingram and then the Eagles take Kwitty Paye at 12.

 

Sounds like a typical draft for the Eagles

I'm most worried about Micah Parsons on the Giants.  

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I didn't say I'd be happy. I said it wouldn't bother me. How much more weapons can the cowboys realistically get the ball too? They are already fully loaded with skill players adding another does nothing for them the they aren't already doing at the skill positions. Yes we could use some players like that but to those 2 teams? It's stupid. 

Eagles already took that risk when they traded back so nothing I can do about it. I highly doubt cowboys and Giants take those guys anyways. 

Sorry, didn't mean to misquote.  It would bother me as I've stated.  The Cowboys don't have a tight end so if they take Pitts, they can make them their TE1.  If they draft him and play him as a Mike Evans, it prepares them to move forward without Michael Gallup next year, allowing them to A. allocate money elsewhere and B. get a comp pick for him signing a huge deal somewhere else.

We are so desperate for 1 weapon in Philly that we can't fathom what it would be like to be in a position to further strengthen our offense.  

Eagles have met with DE Payton Turner 3 times. Could be an early Pick for the birds. I like it. 
 

 

2 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Devin  White should have got it led team in Ts tfl , had a int , and help shut down the middle of the field , white played well too , as did Suh , SMB , but my nod goes to White

He would have been my runner up but it was close.  

50 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Him and Sterns are my 2 fav , Johnson will be a steal , play him all over the secondary 

 

 
Jamar Johnson on 34 coverage snaps vs Justin Fields & Ohio State last season:
 
Targets: 2
 
Catches allowed: 0
 

INTs: 2

#2 safety in the Draft

Do you think Johnson is fast enough for FS?  I would rather get Holland.

12 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Sorry, didn't mean to misquote.  It would bother me as I've stated.  The Cowboys don't have a tight end so if they take Pitts, they can make them their TE1.  If they draft him and play him as a Mike Evans, it prepares them to move forward without Michael Gallup next year, allowing them to A. allocate money elsewhere and B. get a comp pick for him signing a huge deal somewhere else.

We are so desperate for 1 weapon in Philly that we can't fathom what it would be like to be in a position to further strengthen our offense.  

 

17 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I didn't say I'd be happy. I said it wouldn't bother me. How much more weapons can the cowboys realistically get the ball too? They are already fully loaded with skill players adding another does nothing for them the they aren't already doing at the skill positions. Yes we could use some players like that but to those 2 teams? It's stupid. 

Eagles already took that risk when they traded back so nothing I can do about it. I highly doubt cowboys and Giants take those guys anyways. 

I actually agree with both view points here. Dallas with Pitts and some o-line help would be a force. However their defense would still be a joke unfortunately that offense would win most shootouts. The Giants are right now on paper the most complete team and likely winner of the East IMO. Washington we all agree just needs a QB, but that's a huge need. 

The Eagles clearly are going into this rebuild full steam ahead and will need the picks they currently have and more to achieve a turnaround in 3 years. My hope is they focus on the lines early in the next two drafts to once again dominate in the trenches. 

Cowboys get Pitts and Giants get Smith

image.gif.e283810f375391cf2d938ab43367712d.gif

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

So you’re ignoring the context of the conversation?

I suppose. If I’m away for a while I tend not to read all the intervening posts but just the last page or so. I may miss context but I also miss flurries of ad hominem. In the off-season they tend to proliferate.

1 hour ago, jwill2420 said:

Eagles have met with DE Payton Turner 3 times. Could be an early Pick for the birds. I like it. 
 

 

 

 

That's a big boy.  He looks like a DT or a 13 year old Andy Reid playing DE.  

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Sorry, didn't mean to misquote.  It would bother me as I've stated.  The Cowboys don't have a tight end so if they take Pitts, they can make them their TE1.  If they draft him and play him as a Mike Evans, it prepares them to move forward without Michael Gallup next year, allowing them to A. allocate money elsewhere and B. get a comp pick for him signing a huge deal somewhere else.

We are so desperate for 1 weapon in Philly that we can't fathom what it would be like to be in a position to further strengthen our offense.  

Dalton Schultz put up basically the same numbers in 2020 as Goedert did in his best season of 2019

DAL has a TE

I watched some Gregory Rousseau highlights. Admittedly, I had low expectations going in based on the scouting reports I had read and he basically met my low expectations. 

I didn’t see a lot of sacks where he cleanly beat a tackle for a quality sack. I saw a lot of clean up sacks and wins as an inside rusher. 

There’s nothing wrong with that for the most part, but that’s not what I’m looking for in the first round, and probably not at the top of round 2 either. 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Dalton Schultz put up basically the same numbers in 2020 as Goedert did in his best season of 2019

DAL has a TE

Dalton Schultz was great in garbage time. Very useful for a bit in fantasy football. 

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Do you think Johnson is fast enough for FS?  I would rather get Holland.

He played  all over at IU , they ran a 4-2-5 he seen time at slot corner , played in the back end last year  .

7 hours ago, Original Sin said:

I don’t think both Pitts and chase are gone by 6 , so hopefully that wasn’t Howie’s thinking

i think he was thinking , many holes to fill , odds are better throwing more darts than less .

Yeah, he was like, "Well, this year is a waste of time. May as well have more high picks next year and still get a good player.” I Get the move. I just don’t trust I’m him to execute

6 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I watched some Gregory Rousseau highlights. Admittedly, I had low expectations going in based on the scouting reports I had read and he basically met my low expectations. 

I didn’t see a lot of sacks where he cleanly beat a tackle for a quality sack. I saw a lot of clean up sacks and wins as an inside rusher. 

There’s nothing wrong with that for the most part, but that’s not what I’m looking for in the first round, and probably not at the top of round 2 either. 

He definitely made a lot of plays from the interior.  I think under Schwartz that would have been ideal.  I saw a lot of plays where he used his length to lunge at guys too.  I just don't know where his best value is in the draft.

There is no clear cut top DE in this draft.  They all have question marks.  Rousseau took the year off, tested horribly and doesn't pop off tape the way you want.  Phillips has the concussion issues.  Oweh tested off the charts but his production doesn't match the testing. Turner didn't put up huge numbers and you want that guy to dominate in the conference he plays in.  You have both of the Pitt DE as well.

Paye is the consistent one but he's not flashy at all. 

I just have no idea with the DE in the draft.

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I watched some Gregory Rousseau highlights. Admittedly, I had low expectations going in based on the scouting reports I had read and he basically met my low expectations. 

I didn’t see a lot of sacks where he cleanly beat a tackle for a quality sack. I saw a lot of clean up sacks and wins as an inside rusher. 

There’s nothing wrong with that for the most part, but that’s not what I’m looking for in the first round, and probably not at the top of round 2 either. 

Still raw , as are most edge guys this year , most of them have no plan to get to the QB ,still learning 

Turner and Ossai  I like and would start sooner

 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.