Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

Just now, downundermike said:

Do you think that will be after game 1, or after pass 1 ??

I’m hoping Wentz has an MVP season but you never know

Going to be people saying I told you so on either sides 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I don't even think of him anymore. What a total mess. We thought we finally had our franchise QB, then all the curse of Philly sheet happens. At least he DID get us 11 wins during the Super Bowl year. I guess that makes it worth it. But now- I avoid these Wentz headlines. I don't care anymore and moved on. 

The trade off was worth it. He got the Eagles as far as he could, and so did Foles. In the end it is what it is. It will be good to finally be completely done with the guy after this season. We know his apologizing peanut gallery won’t go anywhere though. 

Now that he has confirmed he is not vaccinated, disappointed.  This should be an easy decision for everyone to do it, especially when your livelihood is at stake.

Glad this is not happening here, but we really do not know the status of all Eagles players, and hope that we do not deal with any major issues on our squad.

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Now that he has confirmed he is not vaccinated, disappointed.  This should be an easy decision for everyone to do it, especially when your livelihood is at stake.

Glad this is not happening here, but we really do not know the status of all Eagles players, and hope that we do not deal with any major issues on our squad.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-vaccination-rate-over-90-percent-training-camp-begins

According to this article as far back a July the Eagles were over 90%.

34 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Sports beat writers always look like fat, sloppy, poorly dressed slobs.  

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So they will die of the Covid Carson gives them ??

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm pretty sure they are fat, sloppy, poorly dressed slobs.  I mean, that's all about their appearance, so if that's what they look like... that's what their appearance is.  

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I'm pretty sure they are fat, sloppy, poorly dressed slobs.  I mean, that's all about their appearance, so if that's what they look like... that's what their appearance is.  

The nerd vibe of this response tells me you look just like them.  :P

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The nerd vibe of this response tells me you look just like them.  :P

Hey... I just lost 30 lbs over the last 6 months.  :P. I'm looking good!  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Hey... I just lost 30 lbs over the last 6 months.  :P. I'm looking good!  

Awesome.  :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I’m hoping Wentz has an MVP season but you never know

Going to be people saying I told you so on either sides 

"Eagles fan” hoping a quarterback on another team has an MVP season while trashing the current Eagles quarterback. The bias of you Wentz beanbag kissers is obvious. 

8 hours ago, downundermike said:

Wentz is a loser. This isn't even about getting vaccinated or not getting vaccinated in general. He is the QB of the team and was already on the covid list. He is putting his team in a bad spot by not getting vaccinated not only because he's the QB but he could get others infected if he gets it. So glad he is gone.

31 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

He is putting his team in a bad spot by not getting vaccinated not only because he's the QB but he could get others infected if he gets it. So glad he is gone.

Vaccinated players (or people) can still get it and spread it. One of the incentives to being vaccinated is lower personal safety protocols --- which in turn could lead to more personal contact and an increased chance to spread it if the vaccine makes you asymptomatic. 

On 9/2/2021 at 12:02 PM, downundermike said:

Do you think that will be after game 1, or after pass 1 ??

Depends on whether or not it's a completion.

Silly me, there'll be unwarranted over reaction either way.

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

Depends on whether or not it's a completion.

Silly me, there'll be unwarranted over reaction either way.

Is there ever 'warranted' over reaction?  

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Is there ever 'warranted' over reaction?  

Not without getting political 😉.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:05 PM, T-1000 said:

Wentz is a loser. This isn't even about getting vaccinated or not getting vaccinated in general. He is the QB of the team and was already on the covid list. He is putting his team in a bad spot by not getting vaccinated not only because he's the QB but he could get others infected if he gets it. So glad he is gone.

Wentz is every bit the jackass that PhillyVoice article said he was.

Good F'in Riddance.

Wentz: I will always listen to the doctors. 

Wentz: I just can't hear what the doctors are saying about vaccines. 

So thankful we're done with this moron.  Seriously doubt he'll play enough to get us the 1st, but its a win just to be rid of him.

Thanks for 2017 Carson... now have fun with all your money huntin', fishin' and playin' house since you obviously don't care about football anymore.

5 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

So thankful we're done with this moron.  Seriously doubt he'll play enough to get us the 1st, but its a win just to be rid of him.

Thing is... I'm not sure the Colts are going to have much choice. I don't think they can bench Wentz (unless he's absolutely horrid) just because they don't want to give up a first round pick. I'm not sure the team, or Wentz, will go with that. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Thing is... I'm not sure the Colts are going to have much choice. I don't think they can bench Wentz (unless he's absolutely horrid) just because they don't want to give up a first round pick. I'm not sure the team, or Wentz, will go with that. 

Every time someone he had contact with gets the virus, he‘ll be out.

Chances he won‘t get hurt weren‘t great to begin with, at this point a first would be a surprise to me.

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Every time someone he had contact with gets the virus, he‘ll be out.

Chances he won‘t get hurt weren‘t great to begin with, at this point a first would be a surprise to me.

I’ve been trying to make the same point, but his blind loyalists don’t get it. His attitude and selfishness not only effects his current team, it also is an issue for the Eagles. It’s in the Eagles best interest that Carson plays well enough (and more importantly stays on the field) to get that first round pick. With so many issues before the season even started I have my doubts. People like to act as if 2020 didn’t happen, but it did. Wentz was horrible, and now he’s going to a new team having lost a lot of practice time due to injuries and Covid. No one should assume this dude will be good again. 

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve been trying to make the same point, but his blind loyalists don’t get it. His attitude and selfishness not only effects his current team, it also is an issue for the Eagles. It’s in the Eagles best interest that Carson plays well enough (and more importantly stays on the field) to get that first round pick. With so many issues before the season even started I have my doubts. People like to act as if 2020 didn’t happen, but it did. Wentz was horrible, and now he’s going to a new team having lost a lot of practice time due to injuries and Covid. No one should assume this dude will be good again. 

Either way it's either a late 1st or an early 2nd it's basically the same pick no matter what

Archived