Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That'll always be the way with Carson unfortunately. Never his fault just a ton of excuses. 

That’s why it’s great after this season he no longer matters. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, eggs said:

Isn’t this a thread about the Carson Wentz pick?

It's all things Carson. People are still either grieving or gloating, it changes with each report.

These clowns crack me up. "I like to just be positive.” "I’m not going argue.” Meanwhile these dopes are trashing the whole team, coaches, and fans all for the sake of Wentz. 😂🤣😂

Look Wentz showed his character on the podium when the won the super bowl when he was recorded saying "this will be me next year”. F him 

If we have three first round picks next year, it could be franchise changing. 

1 hour ago, eggs said:

Look Wentz showed his character on the podium when the won the super bowl when he was recorded saying "this will be me next year”. F him 

I doubt the Eagles select three players or 4 in the first to rounds either way. The Eagles will either move picks to move up in the draft or trade away picks for future seasons. In any case they have put themselves in a great position to improve the team over the next few years.

3 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

Some of you " WENTZ IS THE REASON MY LIFE SUCKS"    

3U1Mj%2BT6w3A&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

That's gif will always haunt me 

4 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

Some of you " WENTZ IS THE REASON MY LIFE SUCKS"    

3U1Mj%2BT6w3A&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

That how you dopes look defending him. 😂🤣😂

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

When someone tells the truth about Wentz. 😂🤣😂

E99079DE-5ABC-4924-BF9B-0A4E74F4BF73.jpeg

Mine would need that changed to Ertz lol

13 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I doubt the Eagles select three players or 4 in the first to rounds either way. The Eagles will either move picks to move up in the draft or trade away picks for future seasons. In any case they have put themselves in a great position to improve the team over the next few years.

I would agree with you if we didn't have Howie making the draft decisions.

14 minutes ago, Perforator said:

I would agree with you if we didn't have Howie making the draft decisions.

I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t think Howie selecting players would be an issue. I certainly have my concerns there too. 

14 hours ago, eggs said:

A. Howie sucks so the franchise won't be changed dramatically for the better.  But they might get a decent player at least in the 1st.

B. He won't just keep those picks and use them on players, he will trade them to move up and get a QB, or trade back to collect more 2nd and 3rd round picks to blow on a JAG who will be cut in 2 years, or trade for a proven NFL player to make up for his bad drafting.

Just now, NOTW said:

A. Howie sucks so the franchise won't be changed dramatically for the better.  But they might get a decent player at least in the 1st.

B. He won't just keep those picks and use them on players, he will trade them to move up and get a QB, or trade back to collect more 2nd and 3rd round picks to blow on a JAG who will be cut in 2 years, or trade for a proven NFL player to make up for his bad drafting.

You say this like this happens all the time with this team...  🤪

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You say this like this happens all the time with this team...  🤪

Every offseason for the past 7-8 years or so I keep reading fans say "Howie really needs to nail THIS draft or else the franchise will be set back for years!"  Literally every offseason, every draft.  He hasn't had a good draft since 2013 and that's because they had the #4 pick and stuck to the obvious pick on the board and didn't reach.  The higher the pick, the less cute Howie can get.  

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Every offseason for the past 7-8 years or so I keep reading fans say "Howie really needs to nail THIS draft or else the franchise will be set back for years!"  Literally every offseason, every draft.  He hasn't had a good draft since 2013 and that's because they had the #4 pick and stuck to the obvious pick on the board and didn't reach.  The higher the pick, the less cute Howie can get.  

Howie got "cute” with this last draft by trading down and acquiring another first. Time will tell if Smith pans out, but Howie can always do a Howie anywhere in the draft. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie got "cute” with this last draft by trading down and acquiring another first. Time will tell if Smith pans out, but Howie can always do a Howie anywhere in the draft. 

I think this was one of those times he made some good decisions as far as the 1st round goes. He at least drafted someone by all accounts is supposed to be 1 of the best receivers in the draft while picking up a 1st. 

That doesn't mean I'm sold on him though I don't have a good feeling about Smith and his child like body. Lol

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Oh I know, I've seen you trying to drive this home and I get it that's why I never use those words lol. 

Every year there is high hopes with the draft for some reason. Just like the players that have 3- 4 good games just to never be seen again, they fall for it every year. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Every year there is high hopes with the draft for some reason. Just like the players that have 3- 4 good games just to never be seen again, they fall for it every year. 

Every year I think there's reason to be optimistic that Howie can't get it wrong. And then he does. Every year we tell ourselves he can't but he does. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Every year I think there's reason to be optimistic that Howie can't get it wrong. And then he does. Every year we tell ourselves he can't but he does. 

I know it's frustrating, I've said before sometimes Howie pulls out moves that are brilliant just to follow that with absolute head scratchers and nonsense that kill the teams development. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know it's frustrating, I've said before sometimes Howie pulls out moves that are brilliant just to follow that with absolute head scratchers and nonsense that kill the teams development. 

He's very good at handling the cap. I know he kicks it down the road but he does have utter control over the cap. But he's just not good in the draft. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's very good at handling the cap. I know he kicks it down the road but he does have utter control over the cap. But he's just not good in the draft. 

Even some trades he pulls off are great like he did this year for Smith. Then he kills that with not getting anything for Ertz when he had the best opportunity. It's maddening

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Even some trades he pulls off are great like he did this year for Smith. Then he kills that with not getting anything for Ertz when he had the best opportunity. It's maddening

Absolutely agree. The Smith move and the trade back before it was brilliant. I think a lot of fans would have been happy with Smith at #6. To trade back and still get Smith is brilliant. But to turn down a 4th for Ertz? And it seems now to be ready to move on from Goedert who's the much younger guy? On a roster that needs the young talent.

Archived