Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Either way it's either a late 1st or an early 2nd it's basically the same pick no matter what

Best case scenario is Wentz lights it up enough for the Colts to keep playing him, but they keep losing. Win/win. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Best case scenario is Wentz lights it up enough for the Colts to keep playing him, but they keep losing. Win/win. 

No

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

No

If he’s playing well that can’t bench him. Well at least I hope not. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If he’s playing well that can’t bench him. Well at least I hope not. 

That would require me paying attention to him. I'll just look it as the same pick no matter what. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That would require me paying attention to him. I'll just look it as the same pick no matter what. 

Honestly I won’t be looking to deep at Carson or the Colts, but I’ll be able to tell how he’s doing, because if he’s doing good his fanboys will be making a lot noise about it. 😂

On 9/2/2021 at 2:29 PM, downundermike said:

Now that he has confirmed he is not vaccinated, disappointed.  This should be an easy decision for everyone to do it, especially when your livelihood is at stake.

Glad this is not happening here, but we really do not know the status of all Eagles players, and hope that we do not deal with any major issues on our squad.

received_235309425060602.jpeg

10 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

So thankful we're done with this moron.  Seriously doubt he'll play enough to get us the 1st, but its a win just to be rid of him.

Thanks for 2017 Carson... now have fun with all your money huntin', fishin' and playin' house since you obviously don't care about football anymore.

Amen. I'm glad Howie didn't overplay his hand like Daryl Morey, and moved him when he did to get something back.

Can you imagine if we were shopping him right now? With another injury and Anti-Vaxx stance, we would have to give up picks to be rid of this guy.

9 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Amen. I'm glad Howie didn't overplay his hand like Daryl Morey, and moved him when he did to get something back.

Can you imagine if we were shopping him right now? With another injury and Anti-Vaxx stance, we would have to give up picks to be rid of this guy.

Very good analogy. The Sixers situation is a mess right now, but in this case I have to give Wentz some credit, because he quickly forced his way out of town. Simmons waited till the season was about to start, but Morey should’ve made this move months ago too. When I openly wondered about Carson’s vax stance his peanut gallery just attacked me. I wonder how they feel about their guy now? 

"Teams I’m cool on: I want to like the COLTS, but their two most important players, Carson Wentzand Darius Leonard, aren’t vaccinated, and Wentz just missed five days because of a close contact with an infected person. It seems incredible that, after missing five days of work with his new team on the heels of missing significant time due to foot surgery, that Wentz won’t take the shot. (A vaxxed player who has been a close contact with an infected person doesn’t sit unless he tests positive. An unvaxxed player sits for five days, no exceptions.) "Trust me, I have weighed a lot of things,” Wentz said. "I know what is at stake. It is just where I am at and where I am at with my family.” Does Wentz really know what is at stake? And is it really worth passing on an overwhelmingly safe injection for whatever reason he won’t take it? But that’s America in 2021.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/peter-king-cooling-colts-playoff-145738908.html

Peter King on the Colts and his thinking that they might not be a playoff team. 

"The NFL star confirmed he got COVID in February, shortly after the team celebrated their Super Bowl 55 championship with a boat parade.

"I think it's going to be challenging this year," Brady said, while speculating how the league will handle the pandemic. "I actually think it's going to play more of a factor this year than last year, just because of the way what we're doing now and what the stadium is going to look like and what the travel is going to look like and the people in the building and the fans."

Brady continued, "It's not like last year, although we're getting tested like last year. It's going to be, I definitely think guys are going to be out at different points and we've just got to deal with it."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tom-brady-confirms-tested-positive-022230852.html

Tom Brady on testing positive for Covid during the SB parade and how he thinks it will be a bigger issue this year than last year for teams. 

Love the irrationale hate for a Qb who helped get us nto our first SB win.  Sure he was bad the past year, the whole team was bad, and we were just as bad after Hurts came in....  But I know some here can only think one way.  LMFAO

21 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Love the irrationale hate for a Qb who helped get us nto our first SB win.  Sure he was bad the past year, the whole team was bad, and we were just as bad after Hurts came in....  But I know some here can only think one way.  LMFAO

The hate is very rational. The dude acted like a child last year because they finally stopped coddling him, and decided he’d rather leave than have to actually earn the starting job after an abysmal season. All this after the team paid him way more than he was worth. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

The hate is very rational. The dude acted like a child last year because they finally stopped coddling him, and decided he’d rather leave than have to actually earn the starting job after an abysmal season. All this after the team paid him way more than he was worth. 

If my team drafted JJAWful and Reagor instead of Jefferson and Metcalf, I would throw a child like temper tantrum also.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If my team drafted JJAWful and Reagor instead of Jefferson and Metcalf, I would throw a child like temper tantrum also.

Or Hurts instead of another weapon or lineman. I've said it before I don't blame any player for being pissed or said the hell with this team last year.

We can't go on saying Howie is a liar, a weasel, no one wants to play for him, or work for him, work along side of him and he is absolutely horrible at drafting and then turn around and bash players like Ertz, Wentz Hurts, or coaches and anyone else who was crap last year or bailed.

In my opinion if you are bashing those players and coaches then you are basically sticking up for Howie and lurie and the choices they made to lead to this absolute disaster. 

That doesn't mean everything these players did is justified but, Howie really put this whole team in a horrible situation and tried to stick it to some of them despite what they have done. 

39 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And without him, we would still be in this situation

✓ 25+ Best Memes About Eagles Trophy Case | Eagles Trophy Case Memes

Considering this guy won all those playoff games I kind of think he’s more important to that Bowl. Funny most of you Wentz lovers, love him for one regular season, but in the same moment bemoan Hurts could never win in the playoffs, because of his style of play. It’s almost laughable considering your boy never won in the playoffs except in the minds of all of you fantasy folk. 

B6D2A214-F0C7-483B-B5C1-A98133327BDC.jpeg

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Considering this guy won all those playoff games I kind of think he’s more important to that Bowl. Funny most of you Wentz lovers, love him for one regular season, but in the same moment bemoan Hurts could never win in the playoffs, because of his style of play. It’s almost laughable considering your boy never won in the playoffs except in the minds of all of you fantasy folk. 

B6D2A214-F0C7-483B-B5C1-A98133327BDC.jpeg

It took both Wentz and Foles to win that Superbowl. We dont win it without either of them that year. 

Thats called being OBJECTIVE. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

meh- The team sucked, we gave him next to nothing to work with, and drafted a QB in the 2nd rd instead of drafting actual help. etc.etc.etc. No he did not handle it well, but the haters hated him long before last year. so I digress. 

15 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

It took both Wentz and Foles to win that Superbowl. We dont win it without either of them that year. 

Thats called being OBJECTIVE. 

He chose to praise Wentz it chose to praise Foles. You chose to take issue with Foles. That’s called BIAS. 

20 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

meh- The team sucked, we gave him next to nothing to work with, and drafted a QB in the 2nd rd instead of drafting actual help. etc.etc.etc. No he did not handle it well, but the haters hated him long before last year. so I digress. 

The Eagles picked Reagor in the first round, before they even picked Hurts. They also drafted JJAW, Goedert, Hightower, Mack Hollins,... They brought in FAs like Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, and tried out a bunch of others. And Wentz had a strong o-line protecting him the entire time he was in Philly. We can argue all day if everything worked out as it was supposed to...  But it wasn't for lack of trying. He had plenty enough help, but he spoiled it.

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

The Eagles picked Reagor in the first round, before they even picked Hurts. They also drafted JJAW, Goedert, Hightower, Mack Hollins,... They brought in FAs like Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, and tried out a bunch of others. And Wentz had a strong o-line protecting him the entire time he was in Philly. We can argue all day if everything worked out as it was supposed to...  But it wasn't for lack of trying. He had plenty enough help, but he spoiled it.

SO drafting Jjaw was a help... Context, yes, they tried to help him, but ultimately they failed. Playing Alshon over Fulgham? Or Peters over Mailata? Cmon, they hit almost every wrong move they could. Yeah they were trying, they just sucked at actually doing it. I dont blame Wentz for being fed up. 

5 minutes ago, toolg said:

Great points

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

SO drafting Jjaw was a help... Context, yes, they tried to help him, but ultimately they failed. Playing Alshon over Fulgham? Or Peters over Mailata? Cmon, they hit almost every wrong move they could. Yeah they were trying, they just sucked at actually doing it. I dont blame Wentz for being fed up. 

Wow you sure do make a lot of excuses for your boy. So much for being objective. 🙄

Archived