Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

21 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

He chose to praise Wentz it chose to praise Foles. You chose to take issue with Foles. That’s called BIAS. 

WHAT? Where did i take issue with Foles. I love Foles, always had, said in his first stint with the Birds he could win you a SB (kind of a preminition at the time)  

I have an issue with the irrationale hate of Wentz. I would also have the same issue if there was irrationale hate of Foles. 

Thats called NOT BEING BAISED.  can you say the same? LOL

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

SO drafting Jjaw was a help... Context, yes, they tried to help him, but ultimately they failed. Playing Alshon over Fulgham? Or Peters over Mailata? Cmon, they hit almost every wrong move they could. Yeah they were trying, they just sucked at actually doing it. I dont blame Wentz for being fed up. 

Good. Then the feeling is mutual. I got fed up with Wentz. He can go start over in Indy.

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

WHAT? Where did i take issue with Foles. I love Foles, always had, said in his first stint with the Birds he could win you a SB (kind of a preminition at the time)  

I have an issue with the irrationale hate of Wentz. I would also have the same issue if there was irrationale hate of Foles. 

You certainly didn’t write to downunder anything about giving Foles credit. You didn’t become objective until I brought up Foles. Look if you love Wentz so much go be a Cults fan. You can go ther and kiss his beanbag for as long as you like over there. Or at least until they see how much of a fraud he is too. 

6 minutes ago, toolg said:

The Eagles picked Reagor in the first round, before they even picked Hurts. They also drafted JJAW, Goedert, Hightower, Mack Hollins,... They brought in FAs like Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, and tried out a bunch of others. And Wentz had a strong o-line protecting him the entire time he was in Philly. We can argue all day if everything worked out as it was supposed to...  But it wasn't for lack of trying. He had plenty enough help, but he spoiled it.

You say this in the same place that you list JJAW, Hightower and Mack Hollins as the 'help'?  You forgot the leading WRs from last season... Greg Ward (receptions) and Fulgham (yards).   So much help.   

The issue is that the organization failed.  Fish stinks from the head down.  They all started smelling themselves after the Super Bowl, methods changed and moves failed miserably.  It wasn't Wentz' fault.  It wasn't Doug's fault.  It wasn't Howie's fault.  It was the fault of all involved.   But one Teflon Don remains untouched.  That's where the venom should be directed, Howie and the guy who allows him fail without accountability.

Just now, toolg said:

Good. Then the feeling is mutual. He can go start over in Indy.

He should fair well in INdy, and lets hope he does., we  could use that pick being moved upinto the 1st even if it is a late 1st.  SO yeah lets hope he plays well this year.

again objective. LOL

8 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

He should fair well in INdy, and lets hope he does., we  could use that pick being moved upinto the 1st even if it is a late 1st.  SO yeah lets hope he plays well this year.

again objective. LOL

Objectively all we need for him to do in Indy is be good enough to have them keep playing him. That’s it. 

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You certainly didn’t write to downunder anything about giving Foles credit. You didn’t become objective until I brought up Foles. Look if you love Wentz so much go be a Cults fan. You can go ther and kiss his beanbag for as long as you like over there. Or at least until they see how much of a fraud he is too. 

I responded to the irrationale hate of Wentz in here, if I had seen the same irrationale hate of Foles I would have the same feelings or questions about it. 

You read into my not saying anything about foles as me being against him, clearly not the case, again showing you I am objective. 

Good to see that the axe just keeps getting sharper.  

dddd0f36e8d8effff3f4eb379919473b.gif

I didn't see any mention of Corey Clement or Trey Burton in this thread...  or Brandon Graham, or Rodney McLeod, or Malcolm Jenkins...  so many names missing as receiving credit for the Super Bowl.

53 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Good to see that the axe just keeps getting sharper.  

dddd0f36e8d8effff3f4eb379919473b.gif

I didn't see any mention of Corey Clement or Trey Burton in this thread...  or Brandon Graham, or Rodney McLeod, or Malcolm Jenkins...  so many names missing as receiving credit for the Super Bowl.

Everyone knows that the QB is 110% the reason why teams win. That why some are already saying Hurts needs to be top 5 to win more then 4 games this year. They are at least implying it. No mention of the young guys that were drafted that need to step up to help Hurts be better

4 hours ago, downundermike said:

And without him, we would still be in this situation

✓ 25+ Best Memes About Eagles Trophy Case | Eagles Trophy Case Memes

probably. just probably. We could play Marvel's "What if?" and wolverine played QB for us that year in some alternate reality and we still win the Lombardy.

But we definitely wouldn't have a trophy without the rest of the team. And Carson gives the impression he doesn't give a damn about anyone but Carson. I think he is a whinier Aaron Rodgers, with half the talent.

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

I responded to the irrationale hate of Wentz in here, if I had seen the same irrationale hate of Foles I would have the same feelings or questions about it. 

You read into my not saying anything about foles as me being against him, clearly not the case, again showing you I am objective. 

My response wasn’t "irrational hate on Wentz.” It was praise on Nick Foles. Maybe you should stop being so defensive of a Cults player. 

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Howie spitting fire at Wentz

Screenshot_20210908-234125.png

At this point he seems a little jaded when it comes to Wentz, but he’s not wrong. 

15 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

No he can't

13 hours ago, YubaEagle said:

probably. just probably. We could play Marvel's "What if?" and wolverine played QB for us that year in some alternate reality and we still win the Lombardy.

But we definitely wouldn't have a trophy without the rest of the team. And Carson gives the impression he doesn't give a damn about anyone but Carson. I think he is a whinier Aaron Rodgers, with half the talent.

Nah, not probably. You are the one playing "what if" without his play we don't win a Super Bowl. And it's Lombardi. And a guy playing with a hurt back give the impression he doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself? 

Carson is gone so my hope is that Hurts is a much better player than I think he is. But let's face one fact, some of you guys just hate to hate. 

19 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

Love the irrationale hate for a Qb who helped get us nto our first SB win.  Sure he was bad the past year, the whole team was bad, and we were just as bad after Hurts came in....  But I know some here can only think one way.  LMFAO

16 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

It took both Wentz and Foles to win that Superbowl. We dont win it without either of them that year. 

Thats called being OBJECTIVE. 

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He chose to praise Wentz it chose to praise Foles. You chose to take issue with Foles. That’s called BIAS. 

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wow you sure do make a lot of excuses for your boy. So much for being objective. 🙄

16 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

My response wasn’t "irrational hate on Wentz.” It was praise on Nick Foles. Maybe you should stop being so defensive of a Cults player. 

The above timeline .... LOL'ing no where did I take issue with Foles.   

This is an example of why not to argue on the internet. It's a no win scenario. People are who they are, you wanna hate irrationally, go ahead. I choose to live a life less filled with bitterness. 

17 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You say this in the same place that you list JJAW, Hightower and Mack Hollins as the 'help'?  You forgot the leading WRs from last season... Greg Ward (receptions) and Fulgham (yards).   So much help.   

The issue is that the organization failed.  Fish stinks from the head down.  They all started smelling themselves after the Super Bowl, methods changed and moves failed miserably.  It wasn't Wentz' fault.  It wasn't Doug's fault.  It wasn't Howie's fault.  It was the fault of all involved.   But one Teflon Don remains untouched.  That's where the venom should be directed, Howie and the guy who allows him fail without accountability.

I don't want to see any whining about Wentz not having enough help, he failed all on his own.  The guy couldn't even win one playoff game here, let alone stay healthy for one, and everyone else is handed blame for his shortcomings.  If McNabb could do it with Pinkston, Thrash, and Mitchell, then Wentz can win with "bums" too.

4 hours ago, Ipiggles said:

The above timeline .... LOL'ing no where did I take issue with Foles.   

This is an example of why not to argue on the internet. It's a no win scenario. People are who they are, you wanna hate irrationally, go ahead. I choose to live a life less filled with bitterness. 

If you don’t care then why are you whining about Wentz? Really you never had to post anything. Feel free to go kiss Carson’s bottom someplace else. 

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Howie spitting fire at Wentz

Screenshot_20210908-234125.png

I'm not following the point of his 2nd comment "all of them, not every one."  Was he correcting the quote or was he providing his own commentary?

Also, they said this when they drafted Hurts as well.  They were always open about wanting to have insurance at QB and noted that they needed their backup (Foles or McCown) in prior seasons.  As much as I don't like Howie, he has always said that and in a factual and respectful way.  

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm not following the point of his 2nd comment "all of them, not every one."  

Also, they said this when they drafted Hurts as well.  They were always open about wanting to have insurance at QB and noted that they needed their backup (Foles or McCown) in prior seasons.  As much as I don't like Howie, he has always said that and in a factual and respectful way.  

Iggle Phan caught onto that. The dope cap genius and numbers guy can't even count how many playoff games Carson missed it was 6 playoff games they needed a back up for. The "all of them" comment was being snarky

Or Howie isn't counting 2 playoff games for some reason or he just doenst count entire seasons lost if you only missed a few games before that like Brooks. People love using mental gymnastics for every damn aspect of this team and apparently so does the FO

@Iggles_Phan I think I explained that correctly

PS sorry for dragging you back into this conversation that irritates you lol. 

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Iggle Phan caught onto that. The dope cap genius and numbers guy can't even count how many playoff games Carson missed it was 6 playoff games they needed a back up for. The all of them comment was being snarky

Oh gotcha.  Well, math is hard.

3 hours ago, MF POON said:

I don't want to see any whining about Wentz not having enough help, he failed all on his own.  The guy couldn't even win one playoff game here, let alone stay healthy for one, and everyone else is handed blame for his shortcomings.  If McNabb could do it with Pinkston, Thrash, and Mitchell, then Wentz can win with "bums" too.

apples...                                                                                                   oranges...

As for the bolded... nope.  Reading comprehension helps.  Wentz had his problems.  As did Doug.  As does Howie.  The issue is that Wentz and Doug are in the past tense, but Howie remains present tense.  The biggest issue with this team right now, is that the architect of everything organizationally, the one who is supposed to be in charge of the coaching staff decisions, the personnel decisions, the salary cap, the trades... all of it, is the one that shifts the blame to everyone but himself.  Anyone that can't see that as the biggest issue of the team right now just doesn't want to acknowledge reality for whatever reason.  The team is not in its current predicament because of Wentz.  It is not in its current predicament because of Doug.  The team is in its current predicament because Howie failed... and hasn't been held accountable.   Wentz had his share, and is gone.  No longer relevant.  Doug had his share, and is gone.  No longer relevant.  Howie built it all, and is still here with the lack of talent, the pile of bad contracts, the complete and total lack of salary cap space for both this year and next (Already over $35M dead for 2022... and its going to get worse, not better... unless he decides to kick some of that can down the road again, just as he kicked the bad contracts of Alshon Jeffery and Malik Jackson to 2022, rather than deal with it in 2021.).  

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Iggle Phan caught onto that. The dope cap genius and numbers guy can't even count how many playoff games Carson missed it was 6 playoff games they needed a back up for. The "all of them" comment was being snarky

Or Howie isn't counting 2 playoff games for some reason or he just doenst count entire seasons lost if you only missed a few games before that like Brooks. People love using mental gymnastics for every damn aspect of this team and apparently so does the FO

No matter how he counts it.. its wrong.   Either its 3 playoff seasons... or its 6 playoff games.  Or, its 2 full playoffs and couldn't finish the 3rd due to the cheap shot from Clowney.   There's just no way to get to 4.   And this is the narrative he wants to sell.   That's fine.  Sell it... but at least do the homework and know what number to quote.   It's his job... you'd think that he'd hold himself accountable for factual correctness.   But, since he's not held accountable for other errors, why should counting be different.

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You're right, I forgot about the 2 playoff games Foles played in following the SB winning season. 

Archived