EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Guest justrelax
7 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

@justrelax Evan Neal looks like Winston Justice tonight

He’ll get there. It’s only his third game. He has talent. It took Thomas almost three years to get good.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest justrelax
4 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

And just like that.  Your Philadelphia Eagles are the last undefeated team in the NFC.    Miami plays the Bengals so by Thursday they could be the last one standing.  As for the Boys and Gmen.   I'm not too impressed with either team really.   Gmen were winning close games that they normally would lose so they have improved.   Cowboys have a nice defense but Offensively they've been pretty average.    I think Carson bounces back next week and beats the Boys.   I could see the Gmen being up and down all season.  Again the new coach is definitely going to make them better but they still have a ways to go.    Next up for the Birds.   Dougie P returns.    

An added nicety: all three wins are against NFC teams.

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Lol, honestly it’s a pretty good bit. 

To be fair, I’m not sure a SB win would be enough to erase the stain of that joint practice defeat,, but I guess it’s a start.

8 hours ago, mattwill said:

My opinion is that the following picture very clearly shows left foot down and possession.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 9.40.06 PM.png

A single picture cannot establish 'possession', as this doesn't rule out the 'bobble'.  It establishes that his left foot is down while touching the ball, but it doesn't establish control.

8 hours ago, mattwill said:

One second later, left foot still down and Smith is bringing the ball in  ... and moving the right foot in position to toe tap.

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 9.42.47 PM.png

A second still doesn't prove the ball didn't move (which I believe it clearly did) between pictures.   His hands are now in a different position on the ball than in the first picture, and he's barely got it in his fingers.  The ball has rotated in his hands from where it began.  If anything, this seems to be proving that the ball was indeed bobbled between picture 1 & 2, and shows that the left foot is off the ground.  And we know once that foot came up, it never came back down inbounds.

6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s feeling that QB controversy heat 

Dallas is 2-0 with Cooper Rush starting, 0-1 with Dak starting.   

very-interesting.gif

6 hours ago, ManuManu said:

Yikes. Crazy to have that happen on such a simple route. 

That's awful.  Makes you wonder if there's a ticking time bomb in his other knee as well.   Having a tear like that with no perceivable misstep or anything else makes me wonder if there's not just some sort of inherent weakness in that tendon/ligament (or whatever just tore), and if the other one is also weak.   I've seen time and again guys that have their Achilles go tear the other one a few years later.   I wonder if that's a thing with this.   And... that sucks for him.  Just running, jogging really and then... SNAP!

9 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

This Manning broadcast is funny...being the first time I've watched it.  I imagine it gets old quick.  Also, get Tracy Morgan out of there, this dude is on so many drugs right now.

It’s actually pretty good. They have to many guests IMO. Rather just them talk football and have maybe 1 guest tops.

41 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

A second still doesn't prove the ball didn't move (which I believe it clearly did) between pictures.   His hands are now in a different position on the ball than in the first picture, and he's barely got it in his fingers.  The ball has rotated in his hands from where it began.  If anything, this seems to be proving that the ball was indeed bobbled between picture 1 & 2, and shows that the left foot is off the ground.  And we know once that foot came up, it never came back down inbounds.

Phenomenal catch but he wasn’t in bounds with control. It was pretty clear, Rivera blew it.

43 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But but his hands are on the ball and MattWill went to the game.  Soooo….

Anyone who has been to a game in person knows that you can't see something like that from the stands.  Even the officials on the field miss things.   The people with the best vantage point for that are the ones at home, because they have the replays shown to them from various camera angles, if the broadcast team is doing their job correctly.

15 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Phenomenal catch but he wasn’t in bounds with control. It was pretty clear, Rivera blew it.

So... not a catch.  ;)   Great effort.  Two feet further in bounds and it is a reception.  But... it was still a great throw, great effort.   You can't expect your WRs to make all the catches like that.  Smith made plenty of others.

Based on what we know after 3 weeks, there is absolutely no reason the Eagles shouldn't sweep the NFC East with ease.  I know Divisional games are always tricky but wow do these 3 teams look like trash.  They have no business competing with the Eagles if this team is who they are and if they continue to improve.

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

So... not a catch.  ;)   Great effort.  Two feet further in bounds and it is a reception.  But... it was still a great throw, great effort.   You can't expect your WRs to make all the catches like that.  Smith made plenty of others.

No … great catch. Not a reception.😉

I don’t praise effort much, you are supposed to do that. DeVonta made 3 great catches Sunday, only 2 were receptions. 

5 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Based on what we know after 3 weeks, there is absolutely no reason the Eagles shouldn't sweep the NFC East with ease.  I know Divisional games are always tricky but wow do these 3 teams look like trash.  They have no business competing with the Eagles if this team is who they are and if they continue to improve.

Other than the reason that sweeping the division is no easy feat.  The Eagles were clearly the better team than the Giants last year, but still dropped a game to them.  Dallas might be a very different team by the time the Eagles meet them for Game 2... maybe even Game 1.  

"That's why they play the games." 

6 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

The Cowboys have a good defense and are missing their Quarterback. The’ll challenge for the division.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He re-gathered the ball after this still, as the left foot was off the ground.  But clearly his right hand isn’t part of the possession and his left hand does not have it cradled.   Pretty obvious to everyone else but one stubborn poster who wants evidence to discount his "opinion”   

I won't say it was definitely not a catch, or would have been overturned, had it been challenged.  But I think there is sufficient evidence to overturn it.  But, given the NFL's way... it is at least as likely that it would have been ruled to 'stand'.  I don't see anyway that it could have been confirmed.

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Other than the reason that sweeping the division is no easy feat.  The Eagles were clearly the better team than the Giants last year, but still dropped a game to them.  Dallas might be a very different team by the time the Eagles meet them for Game 2... maybe even Game 1.  

"That's why they play the games." 

Oh, I know.  That's why I prefaced with the as of now statement.  Everything can change.  Jalen Hurts could come back down to earth a bit.  On the flipside, the Eagles have yet to play a full 60 minutes so we don't know how good they just might be.

But not disagreeing with you one bit.  Never easy.  All three teams just look plain bad as of now.  

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

Oh, I know.  That's why I prefaced with the as of now statement.  Everything can change.  Jalen Hurts could come back down to earth a bit.  On the flipside, the Eagles have yet to play a full 60 minutes so we don't know how good they just might be.

But not disagreeing with you one bit.  Never easy.  All three teams just look plain bad as of now.  

Don't even need the as of now piece.   There was no reason for the Giants to win that game last year... but they did.  Just how the NFL cookie crumbles.

The Cowboys are actually a good team because they have a top 10 defense and enough on offense to get some points. I still think they can get to 9-10 wins as long as Parsons is on the field. He just transforms the defense.

My favourite part of last night is Cowboy fans asking to trade Dak Prescott😎

Just saw this tidbit in an article from The Ringer about TLaw:

After three games, Lawrence is tied for the league’s lowest sack rate at 1.8 percent. The play-calling has insulated him from some hits, but his quick reaction to pressure is really the secret sauce here. The 22-year-old has been sacked on just 6.3 percent of his pressured dropbacks, the third-lowest mark in the league behind only Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert, according to TruMedia. 

They also noted last week he had a career low 2.39 seconds for time to throw. Our defensive rate is 9th in the league at 2.7 seconds for time to pressure (also gleaned from the same article). 

Gannon better crank up that blitz rate this week, or TLaw might be able to actually do damage. 

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/9/26/23373022/nfl-2022-new-contenders-jacksonville-jaguars-miami-dolphins-philadelphia-eagles

24 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He re-gathered the ball after this still, as the left foot was off the ground.  But clearly his right hand isn’t part of the possession and his left hand does not have it cradled.   Pretty obvious to everyone else but one stubborn poster who wants evidence to discount his "opinion”   

F832EB98-A20C-481C-8DFC-0BAB931735B6.jpeg

This is mattwill's schtick. He has often played devils advocate on some blatantly obvious things. I think he just enjoys seeing if he is a strong enough debater to win an argument that he knows he is on the wrong side of.

7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

After three games, Lawrence is tied for the league’s lowest sack rate at 1.8 percent. The play-calling has insulated him from some hits, but his quick reaction to pressure is really the secret sauce here. The 22-year-old has been sacked on just 6.3 percent of his pressured dropbacks, the third-lowest mark in the league behind only Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert, according to TruMedia. 

They also noted last week he had a career low 2.39 seconds for time to throw.

If Herbert gets the ball out that quickly, we're going to hold them under 17.

31 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Sadly we have seen that fools gold before

Archived