EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Those look nice. I hope teams start doing stuff like this instead of just going with neon puke colors 

Eagles in the snow, ca. 1960. | Philadelphia eagles football, Eagles nfl,  Nfl football art

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think they regularly call similar plays incomplete, so much so that I didnt even realize that ambiguity existed in the rules. I think theyve established enough precedent to where Id expect that to be called incomplete every time. Even if that was a deliberate maneuver to bring in the ball, which could be interpreted as control and a controlled movement- I think they read the rule as no established control until its brought in. 

I have no clue.  I would have expected it to get overturned if they had successfully challenged it because I expect bad things as an Eagles' fan. 

Guest justrelax
22 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yup, I mean 80+ yard drives look great and all and the eagles lead the league in 80+ yard scoring drives but would be nice if the return game could give the offense a bit if a break instead of constantly going the length of the field 

There's gotta be someone on the roster better at returning kicks than Watkins.

What's Wendell Smallwood up to these days...😉

It's less the kickoffs than the punts. I have no issue with Covey, but the blocking completely sucks. I'd prefer Covey on kicks as well as punts but the other 10 guys have to shape up. That's the bigger problem.

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Eagles in the snow, ca. 1960. | Philadelphia eagles football, Eagles nfl,  Nfl football art

All the players match the uniforms.

3 minutes ago, justrelax said:

It's less the kickoffs than the punts. I have no issue with Covey, but the blocking completely sucks. I'd prefer Covey on kicks as well as punts but the other 10 guys have to shape up. That's the bigger problem.

I think its more on Covey. It looks like hes had plenty of room to work with on most of his punt returns but he just takes awful angles. I mean he got obliterated twice last game taking people head on.

Guest justrelax
10 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I think its more on Covey. It looks like hes had plenty of room to work with on most of his punt returns but he just takes awful angles. I mean he got obliterated twice last game taking people head on.

I don't agree. He gets what's there and he heads upfield. The hits have been brutal but running sideways does nothing.

30 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I blame Gannon. He should be coaching these guys to get turnovers on every possession. What a failure

11 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I don't agree. He gets what's there and he heads upfield. The hits have been brutal but running sideways does nothing.

He also doesn't have the luxury of an overhead view.  

KOR is the real problem.

These past three weeks could have been an audition for Covey, without having to put him on the 53-man.

Jason Huntley is sitting on the Steelers' practice squad.  He'd be just as, if not more, effective in both return roles.

Guy in my $$$ FF league has Hurts and AJ Brown.  He is 0-3.  Just put a trade package together to acquire both.  He is a Raider fan, and I have DeVante Adams as part of my offer.

I’m pretty surprised there’s only two undefeated teams remaining after 3 weeks and only one winless team being the raiders. I’m not surprised the raiders are winless just that they are the only ones who are. Frankly i didn’t like mcdaniels during our coaching search. So I’m not all that shocked they aren’t good and come out of the gate like they have. 

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

These past three weeks could have been an audition for Covey, without having to put him on the 53-man.

Jason Huntley is sitting on the Steelers' practice squad.  He'd be just as, if not more, effective in both return roles.

They might give Devon Allen a chance to shine this week. Otherwise as you say they'd have to bring Covey into the 53 from now on.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m pretty surprised there’s only two undefeated teams remaining after 3 weeks and only one winless team being the raiders. I’m not surprised the raiders are winless just that they are the only ones who are. Frankly i didn’t like mcdaniels during our coaching search. So I’m not all that shocked they aren’t good and come out of the gate like they have. 

Colts haven't had too much to smile about so far but you can bet they're looking at the situation in LV with glee...

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Texans are technically winless also 

40 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

@LeanMeanGM

Jags 31

Eagles 20

Lawrence 315 yards, 3 TDs

You truly think Lawrence is putting up 5 scoring drives with Kirk/Jones/Jones against Slay/Bradberry/Maddox? I just don't see it.

@LeanMeanGM Eagles 27, Jagoffs 20

Bonus: Jordan Davis has 2+ TFL

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

So the muffed punt was Howie's fault. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Texans are technically winless also 

I consider a tie for the Texans organization a win. 

Archived