EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah the interesting thing there is the interpretation of the balls movement. It looked less like a "bobble", and more like a deliberate repositioning/pulling it in. 

I still think he didnt really control it until after he pulled it in. But there is interpretation there.

I think it would stand as an incompletion if they called it incomplete on the field. I think it probably would have stood as a reception but who knows.  

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think it would stand as an incompletion if they called it incomplete on the field. I think it probably would have stood as a reception but who knows.  

I think they regularly call similar plays incomplete, so much so that I didnt even realize that ambiguity existed in the rules. I think theyve established enough precedent to where Id expect that to be called incomplete every time. Even if that was a deliberate maneuver to bring in the ball, which could be interpreted as control and a controlled movement- I think they read the rule as no established control until its brought in. 

Good Morning.

We have AJ Brown AND DeVonta Smith on our team.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

45 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Not sure if Covey has earned his roster spot yet, based on his performance as a PS activation in 3 games.  In fact, he may get cut if he does not get promoted. 

Ward is a possibility but the comments here do not sound promising.  Guess if there is no better option, Ward could be a stand-in for this season.  Obviously, we can't expected a lot from him in terms of yardage and field position.  Just field the punts and not cough up the football are about all for him to do. 

Ward is not on the team. They also cant bring him back whenever they want, they have to wait until the injury settlement dates passes, then an additional 3 weeks before they can bring him back.

Actually Ward is still on the roster page of PE.com so I don't know if that one beat writer was wrong about an injury settlement. But that would be worse news if he is, because he was put on IR before 53 cutdown which means he's not eligible at all to be brought off IR.

28 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

It's a fair question but I think the argument is that the Chargers weren't healthy and the loss to the Jaguars was the result of losing players, Keenan Allen not playing, it was a let down game given the game against the Chiefs the week before, and Hebert was playing after taking a pain killer because of his rib injury.  The argument against them is that all of those things should matter when considering which team may win on any given Sunday.  

One could argue they would be better without the injuries but fact is they do have those injuries and as such with them arent as good.

At least not as good as an undefeated healthy eagles team.

I think posters are just so used to RTK saying off the wall stuff that when he does say something valid posters automatically dismiss it as nonsense, yet as stated I think he has a point 

Why would anyone at this point rank the chargers over the eagles? 

Also their performance against the chiefs is t really a badge of honor after the chiefs have shown they may not be all that either dropping a winnable game to the very average colts.

It's not new news that our return game sucks.

But we are second-worst in starting field position.  

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

They wanna make sure Hurts has enough work to make the rent money

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Most (if not all?) teams have a system in place where the receivers will flash a signal to the QB after completing what they think is a questionable catch, to run hurry-up and get the next play called and snapped. 

Agreed.  I was referring to the opposition's reaction time to the hurry -up and throw the flag.

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

It's a catch because it was ruled a catch. Rivera waited for one of his minions to tell him what the broadcast showed and he waited too long. That happens a lot. Coaches want to be told; they don't want to risk the challenge and lose it and a timeout. 

As far as the stills go, there's not enough there to make a firm decision one way or the other. It was not clear to me from video either.

That being the case, the ruling on the field should stand.

I don't disagree.  My point was that if it had been ruled the opposite way, I think there's more evidence to confirm that call than to confirm it as a catch.    It was very close.   And it was ruled a catch.  Therefore, it stood, especially in the light of not getting the challenge flag out in time.

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Yup, I mean 80+ yard drives look great and all and the eagles lead the league in 80+ yard scoring drives but would be nice if the return game could give the offense a bit if a break instead of constantly going the length of the field 

There's gotta be someone on the roster better at returning kicks than Watkins.

What's Wendell Smallwood up to these days...😉

8 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Special Teams Coordinator has to be looked at as an issue.  Two years straight of terrible special teams play. 

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  That is on brand for the whole bunch of them.  

As is you two smelling your own farts.

heal thyself

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Agreed.  I was referring to the opposition's reaction time to the hurry -up and throw the flag.

Gotcha. Yeah it's a bit tough as a head coach because with the HFA, you kinda want to wait for video evidence from your guy in the booth. I remember Chip screwed this up on a nearly weekly basis with long it took to relay the call from the booth guy to Shurmur to Chip.

3 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Gotcha. Yeah it's a bit tough as a head coach because with the HFA, you kinda want to wait for video evidence from your guy in the booth. I remember Chip screwed this up on a nearly weekly basis with long it took to relay the call from the booth guy to Shurmur to Chip.

I thought most teams hired a replay guy just for this kind of thing. 

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I like Peyton and Eli. A lot of the guests they bring on I don't care for

The guests vary in quality.  They had Chris Long last year and he was good.  

7 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

As is you two smelling your own farts.

heal thyself

and a 3rd fart smeller has entered the chat.

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I thought most teams hired a replay guy just for this kind of thing. 

That's the booth guy I'm referring to. When you're at home though, the head coach also gets to see whatever is thrown up on the jumbotron. Obviously the display operator only chooses to show replays when it's advantageous for the home field to challenge, but never when the challenge might be initiated by the away team.

Archived